The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hello, I Am A New Member!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Awwwww they are lovely,i can remember seeing these photos when they were pups.Thank god we got folk like you and Jane to give them lovely homes :wub: :wub:

Your whippets are gorgeous. How on earth did Sadler end up in a rescue and did he go to a whippet home or isn't it known were he ended up? I can't imagine why anyone would put him in a rescue, even if circumstances meant he had to be found a home, surely he could have returned to the breeder or a good home found by word of mouth.

Your whippets are gorgeous. How on earth did Sadler end up in a rescue and did he go to a whippet home or isn't it known were he ended up? I can't imagine why anyone would put him in a rescue, even if circumstances meant he had to be found a home, surely he could have returned to the breeder or a good home found by word of mouth.

It was the breeder's fault that both Saddler and his cousin, Fielding, ended up in rescue. She kept them herself when she really couldn't afford to and then left them in Cornwall when she moved back to Scotland last year, along with a multitude of other dogs, so I assume the person she left them with could not keep them ad infinitum and put them in rescue :(

I would willingly have had both the boys here with me, but she never gave me the option, choosing instead to leave them homeless in Cornwall :rant: :rant:

:rant:

I did contact St Francis when I found out and they had already been rehomed. I left my details for the new owners to get in touch with me if they wanted to but I have heard nothing :( My boy, Irie, is Fielding's brother and Saddler's cousin.

If I am wrong in my assumptions, then I invite the breeder to contribute to this thread and tell her side of the story!!!

Welcome to the forum - your whippies look wonderful and absolute picture of health and happiness.

What an awful story though Jane; I remember their breeder being a member on here but had no idea that this had happened. I know you would take in every whippet in need if you could too :thumbsup:

It was the breeder's fault that both Saddler and his cousin, Fielding, ended up in rescue. She kept them herself when she really couldn't afford to and then left them in Cornwall when she moved back to Scotland last year, along with a multitude of other dogs, so I assume the person she left them with could not keep them ad infinitum and put them in rescue :(

I would willingly have had both the boys here with me, but she never gave me the option, choosing instead to leave them homeless in Cornwall :rant: :rant:

:rant:

I did contact St Francis when I found out and they had already been rehomed. I left my details for the new owners to get in touch with me if they wanted to but I have heard nothing :( My boy, Irie, is Fielding's brother and Saddler's cousin.

If I am wrong in my assumptions, then I invite the breeder to contribute to this thread and tell her side of the story!!!

What an awful thing to happen to any dog but for a breeder to dump the off spring in a rescue is unforgivable :angry: . Wouldn't it be great if the new family/families of Saddler and Fielding were able to let us know, via K9 (or any other way come to think of it), how they are doing.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back