The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Highgate Bend Meeting

Another good nights racing with all enjoying the racing and the night, really good atmosphere and the highgate staff only to pleased to help the racers enjoy the evening, well done to all the workers and the staff.

Those ugly tablets boydie is taking are working very well for him, i was half way there afore i started taking mine :clown: .

See you all in two weeks time i hope :luck:

really enjoyed the nite dogs nackered now fed and fast asleep in his bed

WELL DONE ALL THE RUNNERS SEE YOU IN 2 WEEKS

Well done everyone who braved it :thumbsup: Should have something to run at the next meeting. :luck:

Thanks for the videos Vanessa, makes up for not being able to make it.

I promise you a cuddle of Freya next time :teehee:

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a good night despite our late arrival ----- :wacko:

All things considered-two and three quarter hours couped up in a cage travelling -- then straight out onto track for a race after many months lay off just lying round in house -------- I reckon our old lad Coral Eight years old now and still able to run with the young uns shows what a great little dog he is-

Just have a look on the second heat video of up to 20lb to see for those who dont know him- he's the white dog in the off white jacket it's as old as him--- (w00t)

Thanks very much Vanessa-how very thoughtful of you-brilliant!

Steve/Karen

Brilliant night, great company, great racing and Highgate staff looking after us a treat as usual. Thanks for the videos Vanessa really appreciate it.

Well done Geoff and Hazel, you done it again :thumbsup: .

All things considered-two and three quarter hours couped up in a cage travelling -- then straight out onto track for a race after many months lay off just lying round in house -------- I reckon our old lad Coral Eight years old now and still able to run with the young uns shows what a great little dog he is-

Just have a look on the second heat video of up to 20lb to see for those who dont know him- he's the white dog in the off white jacket it's as old as him--- (w00t)

Steve/Karen
He was the perfect companion for little Meekas first race round the bends, off levels so she had a dog next to her from the beginning of the race, Coral being an old pro trapped better than her ran to the rail which made her use her brain and as age told on him down the last straight Meeka took advantage and ran him down on the home straight, perfect race from an old pro and couldn't have been a better race for a beginner. Thankyou :thumbsup:

Karen

Steve/Karen
He was the perfect companion for little Meekas first race round the bends, off levels so she had a dog next to her from the beginning of the race, Coral being an old pro trapped better than her ran to the rail which made her use her brain and as age told on him down the last straight Meeka took advantage and ran him down on the home straight, perfect race from an old pro and couldn't have been a better race for a beginner. Thankyou :thumbsup:

Karen
I think thats just what makes Saturday nights at Highgate so special, everyone helping everyone else to make the best of our dogs, real club spirit, people coming from all over, we look forward to it so much. Roll on the 17th :thumbsup:

Agree a good nights racing, and my little novice didnt let me down she purposely finished in fifth position in the A Final after hearing all the threats to me if she dared to finish in front of your two's dogs , Kim and Chris you are just bullies thats all we can say and Sade you could have stuck up for me :teehee: Meeka thanks for thinking of me that puddle was dirty and it would have been so cold, I know you could have done better :wacko:

Looking forward to next time Marielou maybe it will be someone elses turn for all the flack not me,(you witnessed the threats and bullying) I don't know why i go racing. Ok i do for just this the fun and banter that it should be about, winning is nice but you know what loosing isn't half as bad if its with family, friends and people you can have a laugh with.

:thumbsup: Can you tell i enjoyed last night and yes Kim you did too, now was that cos you had a winner tho :clown: messing just messing :thumbsup:

Agree a good nights racing, and my little novice didnt let me down she purposely finished in fifth position in the A Final after hearing all the threats to me if she dared to finish in front of your two's dogs , Kim and Chris you are just bullies thats all we can say and Sade you could have stuck up for me :teehee: Meeka thanks for thinking of me that puddle was dirty and it would have been so cold, I know you could have done better :wacko:
Looking forward to next time Marielou maybe it will be someone elses turn for all the flack not me,(you witnessed the threats and bullying) I don't know why i go racing. Ok i do for just this the fun and banter that it should be about, winning is nice but you know what loosing isn't half as bad if its with family, friends and people you can have a laugh with.

:thumbsup: Can you tell i enjoyed last night and yes Kim you did too, now was that cos you had a winner tho :clown: messing just messing :thumbsup:
Now you know I'd have stuck up for you but my teeth were chattering too hard :- maybe when the weathers warmer :lol: .

Thanks for the nice comments :thumbsup: it makes it all worthwhile.

Everyone will be made welcome, friend or foe :thumbsup:

I agree with you all it was a very fun night last night abit of bad news for me tho my little Boo (Bootiful) has come home with her back muscle filled with blood and bruising into her tummy i am hoping and praying that it is just really badly bruised but my mum doesnt seem to think it looks very good I just get her back racing and this happens just my luck... o well more time off for the poor girl ..

Still cant wait for the next meeting even if i havent got owt to run will shout on mums 2..!

see you all soon

xxx

I agree with you all it was a very fun night last night abit of bad news for me tho my little Boo (Bootiful) has come home with her back muscle filled with blood and bruising into her tummy i am hoping and praying that it is just really badly bruised but my mum doesnt seem to think it looks very good I just get her back racing and this happens just my luck... o well more time off for the poor girl ..Still cant wait for the next meeting even if i havent got owt to run will shout on mums 2..!

see you all soon

xxx
So sorry to hear this, poor Boo, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it isnt too serious

All the best mate

I agree with you all it was a very fun night last night abit of bad news for me tho my little Boo (Bootiful) has come home with her back muscle filled with blood and bruising into her tummy i am hoping and praying that it is just really badly bruised but my mum doesnt seem to think it looks very good I just get her back racing and this happens just my luck... o well more time off for the poor girl ..Still cant wait for the next meeting even if i havent got owt to run will shout on mums 2..!

see you all soon

xxx
So sorry to hear this, poor Boo, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it isnt too serious

All the best mate
Hope it's nothing too serious :luck: I'll keep my fingers crossed too.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back