The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Holiday Photos

gilliwigs

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Sorry there are so many but I did take 500! This is just the first week on the Kintyre penisular. Not a single day of rain! :) We stayed in Carradale half way down the peninsular - it feels really remote even though it's part of the mainland and takes about 3 hours to get to Glasgow but it's a lovely spot.

We decided to take the ferries instead of driving all the way around - it took as long but was much more pleasant. :thumbsup:

Gourock to Dunoon on the Cowal penisular.

1stferry-GourocktoDunoon2.jpg

1stferry-GourocktoDunoon4.jpg

We had to drive across the Cowal peninsular to get to our next ferry. This is the Kyles of Bute and was a fantastic viewpoint especially in the sunshine. 8)

KylesofBute2.jpg

The ferry approaches that will take us from Cowal over to Kintyre.

FerryfromCowaltoKintyre3.jpg

Muffin gets a cuddle...

FerryfromCowaltoKintyre6.jpg

...then Jonah

FerryfromCowaltoKintyre9.jpg

Dogs taking a paddle in Carradale, Arran in the background, our destination for the 2nd week.

Even Muffin gets his feet wet! :lol:

AroundCarradale18.jpg

AroundCarradale19.jpg

We walked out to Carradale point - Muffin looks a bit chilly. :huggles:

CarradalePoint12.jpg

Our cottage is just to the right of the two storey house on the right of the photo - a 15 minute walk to the beach.

CarradalePoint6.jpg

We walked out on a causeway to Davaar Island, near Campbelltown to see a cave painting of the crucifixion which was painted over 100 years ago. Why the artist painted it in such a weird location I don't know.

Ailsa Craig in the background.

DavaarIsland3.jpg

The painting

DavaarIsland4.jpg

We went to the island of Gigha - you can tell what Jonah has been doing by his sandy nose! :lol:

Gigha6.jpg

This was a lovely island - we stopped for a picnic here

Gigha8.jpg

Muffin admires the view

Gigha11.jpg

The view from the gardens on Gigha, across to the Paps of Jura

Gigha25.jpg

The dogs managed to get a bit of a play

Gigha45.jpg

Jonah enjoying the sea again

Gigha50.jpg

The ferry back to the mainland and Jonah gets another cuddle. :huggles:

Gigha60.jpg

This beach is called Machrihanish Beach and is 5 miles long! (w00t) Muffin is getting told off here because he tries to grab the ball before it is thrown and his teeth are quite likely to bite your fingers instead. :rant:

MachrihanishBeach1.jpg

MachrihanishBeach10.jpg

Don't know why the sky is quite such an unnatural blue. :unsure:

MachrihanishBeach5.jpg

MachrihanishBeach8.jpg

We had to take a trip to the Mull of Kintyre. The road down to the lighthouse was really steep and climbed 1000ft in a mile. Here I am taking a rest on the way up. :sweating:

MullofKintyre4.jpg

The lighthouse - Ireland in the background. We were standing across there last year looking to the point where I took this photo from! :lol:

MullofKintyre6.jpg

On to another beach

Southend1.jpg

Southend6.jpg

St Columbus's well

Southend16.jpg

A herd of cows enjoying the sun on their summer holidays!

Southend21.jpg

This is the other end of the 5 mile beach - we didn't walk here! :- "

Westportbeach10.jpg

Fabulous photos! You were very lucky not to get any rain :thumbsup:

All my family come from Scotland, I love it, such a beautiful place. Must go more often lol.

Jonah and Muffin look like they enjoyed it :D

Emma xxx

Last lot for now - I'll post the Arran photos later.

Westportbeach5.jpg

Muffin & Jonah having fun with the ball on a rope (as usual!) :wub: :wub:

Westportbeach8.jpg

Westportbeach18.jpg

Westportbeach16.jpg

Westportbeach14.jpg

Westportbeach22.jpg

Oh you don't expect me to go after that ball again do you? :lol: Muffin looking a bit tired. :huggles:

Westportbeach27.jpg

I'm not sure if this is good for Muffin's teeth, but he will not let go of the ball very easily! (w00t)

Westportbeach32.jpg

Westportbeach33.jpg

One last view of the beach :)

Westportbeach40.jpg

(w00t) Fantastic pictures - it looks beautiful!............but what do you mean you only took 500 pictures :blink: wheres your commitment (w00t) :lol: you know we LOVE pics on here :thumbsup:

wow, what a stunning place to go on holiday :thumbsup:

fantastic :D

Beautiful scenery :thumbsup:

I just love the one of Jonah in the sea with the boat... :wub: its great.

Gillian as a matter of interest how tall is Jonah... :unsure: he looks huge on one of those pictures...Im sure hes not a greyhound... :lol:

That looks a wonderful holiday Gillian - you all look very happy and relaxed :thumbsup:

Great scenary :thumbsup:

Fantastic pictures Gill as ever, looks fab :thumbsup: Nice to see of a pic of you at the other side of the lense!

Like the cave painting, like you say why on earth is it there? :blink:

fab pics :thumbsup: looks like u had a good time :)

Wow Gillian, those photos are fantastic :cheers: It looks like a really lovely place to visit - thats another for our ever increasing list of 'places to holiday' :D

The dogs looked like they really enjoyed themselves. I love those photos where the sky and sea look really blue - especially the wind farm in the background.

Jonah does look very tall in one of those pictures where he is stood with you doesn't he - he doesn't seem that tall in real life though. He has that same 'naughty' face in person though :wub:

jezza said:
Wow Gillian, those photos are fantastic  :cheers:   It looks like a really lovely place to visit - thats another for our ever increasing list of 'places to holiday'  :D
The dogs looked like they really enjoyed themselves. I love those photos where the sky and sea look really blue - especially the wind farm in the background.

Jonah does look very tall in one of those pictures where he is stood with you doesn't he - he doesn't seem that tall in real life though. He has that same 'naughty' face in person though  :wub:

He is tall, Lucy & Janis, he's taller than Muffin although I've never measured him. Kintyre was lovely, but we found a week long enough to do what we wanted and it's quite hard to get around as down the east coast it's all single track roads (20/30 miles of them!). But we didn't have time to do all we wanted in a week on Arran and really want to go back there - it's a beautiful island. It was lovely having 2 weeks of very little traffic and no traffic jams - so peaceful. -_- :)

Lovely pictures! Beautiful scenery, both your boys looked as though they had a fantastic time :)

Wonderful photos Gillain,they've brought back some wonderful memories,thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

alfyn said:
Wonderful photos Gillain,they've brought back some wonderful memories,thanks for sharing :thumbsup:
Did you see Jonah was wearing one of your collars, Debs? I've meant to post a picture before but never got round to it! :lol: :b

Ooh, what a feast of photos :cheers: I love the ones of Muffin and Jonah paddling in Carradale with Arran in the background. :) Some nice beach shots there too. The one with the cows on the beach made me smile....where else but on the Scottish Coast?

I can't wait to go back to Scotland in September now. Not the west coast, but the central, southern highlands. No beaches for the dogs :( , but lots of lovely lochs and mountains.

The Mull of Kintyre looks lovely. Looking forward to the Arran shots. Thanks for sharing :huggles:

wow what a fab place gillian looks like a great time was had by all :cheers: :lol: at the sunbathing cows :lol:

looks a lovely place for a holiday,youve captured some brilliant photos too :thumbsup:

Wonderful photos, Jonah & Muffin look as if they had a fabulous time :lol:

That has to be the first time I have seen a herd of cows having a beach party (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back