The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Holidays

Trish

11 OF THE BEST
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
does anyone know where we can take a holiday with three dogs.

we want to go to bridlington or scarborough, out of season ,sept ,oct, self catering ,chalet,caravan,flat.for three nights.

Not sure I can recommend any exact place but I've just come back from a holiday in whitby staying in a cottage from www.sykescottages.co.uk. They have a few places in scarborough but not sure how many dogs you can take. May be worth a look, we have used this company twice - lovely cottages.

I used to live in scarborough and worked on one of the caravan parks - not sure if you could keep dogs though :blink:

:thumbsup: buy a caravan :lol: although mine is a touring caravan i still have to check with the sites cos they only allow 2 usually...for 3 i have had to get permission!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure you'll get some recommendations Trish but ring up first even if it says they allow dogs because I have just been refused because I have 4 even in my own caravan (w00t) and the lady said that they only allow max 2 in statics because of the extra cleaning they would need to do if there was more than 2 :unsure: :wacko:

*Lesley* said:
I'm sure you'll get some recommendations Trish but ring up first even if it says they allow dogs because I have just been refused because I have 4 even in my own caravan (w00t)   and the lady said that they only allow max 2 in statics because of the extra cleaning they would need to do if there was more than 2  :unsure:   :wacko:

its a real pain finding somewhere,we manage a chalet in scratby,just outside great yarmouth last october for 3 nights,but its a little too far for us and the dogs.

thanks for advise everyone

Hi trish :)) there is a very good book,called Pets Welcome,....i think you can get it from any good book shop,mine was bought in 2003 and it was £7.99,...

it covers the whole of the country :thumbsup:

Here are a couple.....Dales holiday cotts..www.dalesholcot.com

www.welcome.cottages.uk

www.recommended-cottages.co.uk............see if i can find some more :thumbsup:

found a couple more :)) "Sea cabin" 16 gap rd, Hunmamby gap, nr Fily....that is a twin bed granny annexe. located on cliff top 5mins from Filey town,pet friendly beach,dogs free of charge.....01723 891368 sorry lost the other one :blink:

*Caz* said:
found a couple more :)) "Sea cabin"  16 gap rd, Hunmamby gap, nr Fily....that is a twin bed granny annexe. located on cliff top 5mins from Filey town,pet friendly beach,dogs free of charge.....01723 891368 sorry lost the other one :blink:

that one sounds ideal,i will try it later in the year,because i dont need it until september/ october time.

Hunmanby Gap is a lovely beach, you have to walk down the hill to the beach (and back up again afterwards!!) but it gets less crowded than Filey beach. We go along to Hunmanby Gap in the summer to walk the dogs on the beach there rather than at Filey.

Hi we stayed at primrose valley with 3 children 2 adults & 2 dogs in a static caravan,

The caravan we stayed in was adjoining the old billy butlins site, their is still the old outdoor pools which my dogs loved swimming in,also loads of open area land for them to play,

Even a nice stroll down the cliff paths to the beaches below,

I have walked from primrose to filey along the beach & also walked from filey to reighton sands along the beach then up the cliff an back thru the open land fields back to primrose.

Many of the static vans on their allow dogs funnily enough try ebay as this is were i found our holiday from, after my wife had just come out of hospital after giving birth to a 8 week prem baby princess 3lb 5oz.

They advertise their caravans on ebay with links to their own websites offering their caravans for rent.

Ours was a last min hol to give my wife a break I won the auction for £75 for a week sat to sat.

The caravan was luxurious an comfy the park was great & my wife enjoyed a well deserved break

I will ad photos of the dogs enjoying their hols also 2mor as on another comp at moment

hope you find somewere an enjoy it as much as we did good luck

eskview said:
Hi we stayed at primrose valley with 3 children 2 adults & 2 dogs in a static caravan,
The caravan we stayed in was adjoining the old billy butlins site, their is still the old outdoor pools which my dogs loved swimming in,also loads of open area land for them to play,

I have walked from primrose to filey along the beach & also walked from filey to reighton sands along the beach then up the cliff an back thru the open land fields back to primrose.

Many of the static vans on their allow dogs funnily enough try ebay as this is were i found our holiday from, after my wife had just come out of hospital after giving birth to a 8 week prem baby princess 3lb 5oz.

They advertise their caravans on ebay with links to their own websites offering their caravans for rent.

Ours was a last min hol to give my wife a break I won the auction for £75 for a week sat to sat.

The caravan was luxurious an comfy the park was great & my wife enjoyed a well deserved break

I will ad photos of the dogs enjoying their hols also 2mor as on another comp at moment

thanks for your info,we went to reighton sands yesterday for the day and it was the first time we had been,we had the beach to ourselves,and had a great walk.

we took some numbers down of some chalets there,and at least we have another opition of primrose valley.

so i think we should get somewhere with all the info people have given us.

thanks

eskview said:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back