The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Hope You Don't Find This Tedious But...

jayneymitch

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have just seen Polyanna's post asking for opinions on whether her dog was a whippet or an italian greyhound, and I wondered if one or two of you might take a look at my girl to answer to same question. We gt her as a rescue over a year ago, and she's the cutuest little thing, but she is smaller and slightly diferent in build to our other - older male - whippet.

I think she is just a smallish whippet, but then I read a comment about IGs being prone to pooing on the floor because they won't go outside if it's windy, and this struck a chord because Tally is totally house trained, but thinks that going outside is optional if it's raining or cold!!

She is a whippet though isn't she? :blink:

Dogs_002a.jpg

she does look like a whippet, but hard to tell for sure from those angles :wacko: I think a few more pics should help . . . . some of your boy would be nice too :D :thumbsup:

if she poos on the floor even though she is house trained, then she is clever enough to know that there is no way you can force her to do her business outside in the rain :- " :lol:

Thanks for having a look - here's a couple more, including my boy Buddy.

Dogs_005a.jpg

Dogs_031a.jpg

It's quite difficult to find pics that show her clearly - she seems to be lying down or curled up in most of them! This might be clearer...

Dogs_149a.jpg

Dogs_076a.jpg

I would say she is a whippet :thumbsup:

I have whippets that don't "do" rain! :angry: :rolleyes: She's beautiful!! :wub: :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely whippet :huggles: I think any-way :lol: :lol:

Gorgeous whatever she is :wub: looks like a whippet to me.. :- " :wub:

I would say a whippet - a very nice whippet of course.

In addition to everything else that is small about Iggys compared to whippets, Iggys have rather small noses compared to the size of their bodies whereas there's just 'more of' a whippet, even a small one... if that makes sense.

Iggy noses are really quite small, about thumb sized and really, really cute :lol: :huggles:

But of course whippet noses are really, really cute too and very :* :* :*

Oh, what the heck to I know - I love all dogs noses :wub: :* :lol: :lol: :oops:

zilloot said:
I would say a whippet - a very nice whippet of course.
In addition to everything else that is small about Iggys compared to whippets, Iggys have rather small noses compared to the size of their bodies whereas there's just 'more of' a whippet, even a small one... if that makes sense.

Iggy noses are really quite small, about thumb sized and really, really cute :lol:   :huggles:

But of course whippet noses are really, really cute too and very  :*   :*   :*

Oh, what the heck to I know - I love all dogs noses :wub:   :*   :lol:   :lol:   :oops:

Whippet & Iggie noses are indeed very cute & kissable :wub: ;)

all dogs noses are cute and kissable :* . :wub: well apart from a pit bulls nose that is,i dont think id want to kiss that :sweating:

Looks like a pretty little Whippet to me :wub: .

I have never kissed a Pit Bulls nose either!

(w00t) I've never kissed a Pit Bulls nose either :p

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back