The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

How can you teach a dog to speak?

Doli1

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi,

My dog rarely speaks, so it's hard to teach her to speak. Does anyone have a good method that may help us?

Doli1

Doli1 said:
Hi,My dog rarely speaks, so it's hard to teach her to speak. Does anyone have a good method that may help us?

Doli1

do you mean bark, and is this your whippet your asking about again?

Yes, and yes. I only have a whippet. She's more than enough trouble!

lol in that case your posting your questions in the wrong section, you should be posting them in general disscution whippets lol.

no idea on how you get them to "talk" i quite like the fact they are not very vocal as we stay in a 4in a block so i know the neighbours will not get annoyed with us lol

try posting your question in the whippet section and you should get some better answers.

http://www.k9community.co.uk/forums/index.php?showforum=2

:huggles:

Bluebell is very quiet, but have taught her to speak by reacting big time to the slightest noise that she made, she now speaks on command...and very cute it is too :- "

I'm not quite sure why you would want her to 'speak'!

I am relieved that ours are generally quiet - although Holly has become much more vocal since having the pups :- "

Teaching to speak is a good way to keep a noisy one quiet! They will tend to do it on command as apposed to all the flipping time...hasn't worked on my Tibetan Spaniel...she mutters under her breath as she knows she's not allowed to bark (w00t)

lol :lol:

Poppy barks occasionally, if you can call it a bark! She does baby barks!!

Its quite funny but we like it that she is mostly quiet. Might teach her speak but not really that bothered!

Gypsy only barks if there is food left on the work top in the kitchen :blink:

spirit talks he makes a funny noise when he first sees you in the morning and if you have been out,sounds like scooby doo (w00t)

Blue does a pretty cute kind of 'roo roo' thing occasionally - always makes me smile :D

Trust me you don't want it to bark at least not a lot

I have a bearded collie and she barks at everything it does

my head in so be greatful it does not Bark (talk) (w00t) (w00t)

trac said:
spirit talks he makes a funny noise when he first sees you in the morning and if you have been out,sounds like scooby doo (w00t)

:lol: Ozzy does it when he thinks its time for his tea (w00t)

amber speaks on command. :- "

the best way to teach them is to find something that will make her bark.

(ambers is to play with her fav toy.... and she barks more when she cant get to it.

so i tied her up, and squeeked the toy.

when she barked i said speak and she got the toy and a treat.

it took all of 5 mins.

now her fav party trick is to speak.

she also does it with a hand command, and various other crwod pleasers! lol

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back