The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

I Didn't Realise...

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
bappit said:
Aye, you'd need to consult a Newfoundland x Basset Hound on that Labradoodle price Stormy...'cos that breeding is always good for Newfound Asset advice :thumbsup:

HEY THATS NEARLY AS CLEVER AS ONE OF MY REPLYS !!! VERY GOOD MY FRIEND ;)

Think you may JUST have the edge by doing a lot of research Stormy :b

...no doubt by firstly employing your hound of choice for the task... the purpose bred LabradorxCurly Coated Retriever...which of course is your LABCOAT RETRIEVER.

stormydog said:
WORKING DOG CIRCLES? ???    SO ARE THEY NOT.......ROUNDHOUNDS ?
Well seeing as neither are from the hound group, a Poodle is part of the utility-non sproting and the labrador is part of the sporting-gundog group you'd look pretty stupid calling them a hound wouldn't you?

Think there is still time to catch the Christmas market by organising a PointerxSetter mating, then punting the resulting pups as Pointsetters :- "

Not being rude or anything, but i have heard that if you cross a bulldog with a

shih tzu you get a bullshit, lol, the names do get a bit rediculous.

bappit said:
Think there is still time to catch the Christmas market by organising a PointerxSetter mating, then punting the resulting pups as Pointsetters :- "

[SIZE=21pt]Groan.....[/SIZE]

Would a whippet x poodle be a whiddle or a poo-pet? :wacko: ( or a bedli? )

bappit said:
:lol: an impressive breed but need expert handling :lol:

Sure do beaker :thumbsup: But mind, they are just for christmas, so its ok.

Should your nearest and dearest have also disregarded warnings of dogs not just for christmas, and bought you another a x between a Collie and a Lhasa Apso do not fear of its reckless behaviour around the Pointsetter for it cannot avoid being a Callapso. :oops:

surely if u cross a sight hound with a sighthounds it a sight hound :blink:

THEN IF YOU CROSS A POODLE X CHINESE CRESTED IS THE RESULT A ............... CHINESE-NOODLE ?

JOHN :p

How about crossing a westie with a beardie,........ now that would really be a WEIRDIE (w00t)

unwanted said:
surely if u cross a sight hound with a sighthounds it a sight hound  :blink:

NO ITS A LONGDOG,,,, I HAV WORKED IT OUT WHY,,,HAVENT YOU YET UNWANTED?????

MIND U THERE A BIT SLOW IN THE NORTH EAST OF ENGLAND & THEY HAV ,,,,,SLOW HOUNDS :lol: :lol:

IF U BREED A GREYHOUNDXGREYHOUND ITS A SIGHT HOUND

IF U BREED A DEERHOUNDXDEERHOUND ITS A SIGHT HOUND

IF U BREED A WHIPPET X WHIPPET ITS A SIGHT HOUND

BUT WHEN U GROSS THEM THEN THEY BECOME A LONG DOG

DOES THAT HELP U GEORGE :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
a woman at the vets today told me her dog was a "cavoodle" a poodle cross cavalier...she said they were very rare :wacko:

i dont think that people called springers x cockers- sprockers due to trend! they are bred for working- not following these 'new fashionable' mongrels.

this crossing has been carried out for a very long time before all these stupid crosses came along, but maybe someone thought it was a p**stake to come out and make a stupid name for them- knowing that no-one in their right mind would want one for a pet!!!

they are bred to make basically hyper/responding smaller springers!

think that a few years ago we just used to call them springercockers.

but a labradoodle- dont go there! :blink:

Oh and i have seen Wierdies advertised- also in a dogs magazine too!! unbelievable :wacko:

im enlightened ive always wondered what a longdog was lol so its basicle a sighthound x with sighthound :- "

devonmaid said:
im enlightened ive always wondered what a longdog was lol so its basicle a sighthound x with sighthound  :- "

yes thats right but they hav to be crossed with each other,, i.e greyhound x deer hound,,,,,i.e long dog,,, this is where pll,s get confused 2 sighthounds that r diffrent yet theyare both sighthounds,,, breed them,,,, u get somthing diffrent i.e long dog

but if u breed 2 that r same breed i.e whippetx whippet ur left with a sighthound :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ANY ONE WATCH CRUFTS THIS YEAR THEY HAD A LABRADOODLE ONTHE

SHOW AND WERE ON ABOUT TRYING TO REGISTER THE BREED

SO WILL IT BE A MONGREL THEN :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back