The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

I Feel Like Chicken Tonight

sparky

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
had little cleo out this morning for a bit of squirel coursing, was turning out to be unproductive until she came across this large grey. she took it in fine style tumbling when she struck and killed it with one bite. 'buzzin with her' she is proving herself to be a great dog even though she is little. some of the golfers wernt that happy though until i told them it was a rat with a bushy tail. :- "

its in the pan as we speak, i think they will enjoy there tea tonight. :thumbsup:

Ooooh Clever Cleo - you've done a super job with her Sparky

I bet you have that tail hanging from your hat ,when you come and see us boys on Jan 7th , ps pretty bitch Sparky , Corky

:cheers:there was around 20 angry animal lovers saw cleo rattle this twirler. it was should i or shouldnt i, in the end i thought F*** it and let her go :- "

(w00t) There are loads of grey squirrels around where I live and every morning - I usually go through the graveyard on towards my walk - Oscar and Kobi have a field day chasing them all over the place, never caught one yet though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lovely looking bitch, am toying with the idea of a bitch next when my old man ( above) murphy pops it.

He is really struggling now and I might have to make the right decision for him in a few months :(

Lovely looking bitch, am toying with the idea of a bitch next when my old man ( above) murphy pops it.

He is really struggling now and I might have to make the right decision for him in a few months :(

ps you should have eat it yourself, very nice apparently!

I would but we only get reds up here and I won't hunt them.

Last edited by a moderator:
love hunting the twirlers, they can be mean buggers some of em. :thumbsup:

I assume this squirreling is in the UK, right?

How far do the squirrels go onto the golf course?

Do you "stalk and slip" or are the dogs roaming on their own using a stalking technique?

I ask this cause all the greys I've encountered (US) didn't seem to go far away from the trees and would be almost impossible to catch...

L

hi lennard, the squirrels dont go far from the trees maybe 20yds. the dogs seem to get most of their squirrels by tacking them off the tree trunks as they just get their. i slip them rather than hunting loose as you can pick your runs more than the dogs hunting loose, also i will wait for the squirrel to come out as far as possible. murphy, she is coming on well now and looks a picture too. :thumbsup:

Sparky - just one question please. Do you let your dogs eat the squirrels or what do you do with them?? Wondered if they are edible to dogs. :unsure:

hi janimal, i fed the dogs the last one but i dont usually.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back