The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

I Took The Blame

john gregory

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My brother and sister-in-law came for tea last night and brought with them a trifle with a lot of cream and with strawberries on top.

My wife took the foil off and put it on the worktop while we all went in the frontroom for a a cup of tea and a chat.

The girls normally follow us but this time they did'nt and after a few minutes I went to see where they were.

Milly was looking at Poppy licking the cream, a strawberry had fallen off on the worktop so she could'nt reach that. (w00t)

How she reached it I do'nt know, her tongue must be 10 " long.

I pushed her down quietly so the wife would'nt hear me, washed the strawberry under the tap and tried to level the cream with a spoon.

Just as I was doing that my wife walked in and caught me, the conversation went like this.

Wife, ' what are you doing '

Me, ' I was just "

Wife , ' you greedy pig, can'nt you wait till we have had our tea. ' ?

Me, ' I was just '

Wife, ' get out of the kitchen and take them with you, anyone would think all three of you had'nt been fed '.

So me and Milly slinked off and Poppy followed trotting like Bamby with her ears bouncing up and down looking pleased with her self.

We went in the frontroom and my brother and sister-in-law were grinning and said ' are you in trouble ' ?.

I looked down at Poppy and said ' ummm ' the little madam still had cream on her whiskers.

Mind you I got my own back, when I put the trifle out I gave my wife the part which Poppy had licked, LOL

Soooooo funny :lol: :lol:

...... I protect my gang like that too :thumbsup:

You were lucky that they had not got properly 'stuck in' :D

Man (or woman) hath no greater love for their dog than to risk domestic abuse to save a poor ignorant animal :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

I run a B&B. Several years ago I left some sausages on the worktop to defrost for breakfast as I had run ut of fresh ones and forgot to close the dog gate :oops: . I had to get up at 5.30am and drive to a 24 hour shop to find replacements. I have not made that mistake again :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: :lol: Whippets are born thiefs (w00t) (w00t)

:lol: Love it....im always glad to hear other people

are suffering as well as me :lol:

Brilliant story! :D And well done for taking the blame ;)

Though I have to say if it had been Jonah the trifle would definitely NOT have been in a rescuable state (w00t) Either that or you'd have heard a great crash from the other room as he pulled it all off the work top :sweating:

Brilliant. :lol: :lol: Well done for taking the blame. :thumbsup:

A couple of years ago a girl in the village was getting married and a friend of hers made the wedding cake (3 tiers). The cakes were put in the cellar until it was time to decorate them and their dogs (labradors) got into the cellar and demolished the cakes!! (w00t)

Haha that story really made me laugh. :lol:

I have got complacent as my two don't generally nick food unless it's very tempting and very near the edge. Yesterday I had to throw a whole loaf out that my foster-whippet had pulled off the worktop and somehow managed to run off with the bag while the rest of the slices were all over the floor. Luckily, I heard him do it and got the bread and the bag before my two tucked in. I keep his collar on all the time so I can hear wherever he is as his name tag jingles as he moves :)) My housekeeping is much better now!

Very funny I will have to remember that one, :thumbsup: as a new whippet owner I am just discovering the cheeky side to the breed.

I had friends over to stay a couple of weeks ago and have to admit to being a little embarrassed when asked to cut the end of one of my guests bread roll because my whippet puppy had licked it. However the embarrassment of that incident soon passed to be replaced by utter shame when we all walked into the dining room following a barbeque to find Mae stood squarely on top of the table eating the coleslaw; I thought she was still too small to get up that high but behold the pulling power of condiments and side dishes (w00t)

I have had someone tell me that they don’t like whippets because they have no individual character, I told her she should come and meet mine then try to tell me that. :D

brilliant :lol:

Not food related but one summer we had one of those big 12ft pool up in the garden and one of the whippys at this time loved jumping in to fetch her ball...great to watch and having fun..until a claw went through and the pool started to leak

OH came home from work..(he loved his pool as it had been a very hot summer)

i had told him'oh silly me i was garding and must of got too close to the pool with my shears and accidently made a hole in the pool' :sweating:

if he had known the dogs were jumping in and out he would gone mad

even to this day he doesnt know the truth

all lived happily ever after!!! :- :

(w00t) The joys of being owned by a Whippet :teehee:

LOL

I knew you`d be a good daddy when I let yu have my girls . Good boy

My tale involves my long past Greyhound Jemma

Id bought a large piece topside of beef and said to my OH that we could have the rest of the meat later for sanwiches , but unknown to him Jemma managed to get the cooked joint of the work top and chew around the edges .We had sunday dinner and later Rob asked about having a sandwich with the remaining beef , Id said there was none left cos it had shrunk when I cooked it :thumbsup:

he never found out , bless

Well done for taking the blame

We were at a show on sunday and after the whippet classes the steward took a piece of cake on a plate out of the judges box. She said I hid it in there as you know what thieving little monkeys whippets are they'd have whipped it away in a second :teehee: even they knew what they can be like.

We were once staying at a friends house with William my show greyhound. He was a big lad but never touched the food on the sides until one day she was getting meat out for her dogs. As he walked past he stuck his tingue out and pinched a defrosting block of tripe mince and scoffed it in one gulp. The funny thing was if you put raw meat in his dish he would starve before he would eat it. Until 6 months before he died he wouldn't even entertain eating raw.

That is such a funny story!! Love the way you were the first one suspected - you must have past thieving form!! ;-)

Thanks for giving us a good laugh, that is a funny story :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back