The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ideal Mating

baby1

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I saw this on one of the other forums and I think it would be interesting to hear, within this forum.

What would be your dream mating? If you could have any two dogs in the lurcher scene to mate, what and who would they be?

Im not telling mine just yet lol :- " :- " :- "

hmmmmm ..... have to think about this one.

I do like saluki blood in there, and rough hairs. :wacko:

not sure, I never get to see enough of every dog to form a firm opinion thats why I think you can only really breed from a dog you know and have seen do the job week in week out. I have raced Mark Bricks dogs a few times and they have consistently been good and an old chap from Somerset way I have met a few times with a good looking broken coated grey dog which has always run well.

my ideal mating, would keep one busy for a while i would imagine.............

This is a tough one, theres quite a few lurchers i really like out there, but it would have to be a good mix of bull/grey and collie/grey. Possibly some whippet/grey thrown in. :)

Mine would be 3/4 greyhound 1/4 collie for brains to a 3/4 greyhound 1/4 deerhound for strength and stamina, would have to be from proven working stock. :thumbsup:

bedlington whippet is a must for me, but unlike tinker* i like mine smooth and silky o:)

NU 1 INGREDIANTS FOR ME IS WORKER TO WORKER,AND MY NEXT BREEDING IS CAT MY BLACK ROUGH COAT OVER A 3/4 GREYHOUND WHIPPET/SALUKI AND LADY OVER A DOG CALLED TIGGER,THESE WILL TUNE MY LINE EVEN MORE,MARK

dos said:
bedlington whippet is a must for me, but unlike tinker* i like mine smooth and silky o:)
lol....

suppose my choice in dogs replicates my choice in men!! (w00t) No smooth n silkies for me.... prefer a manly bit o' body hair!! cant beat a bit o rough!! :- " :- "

markbrick said:
NU 1 INGREDIANTS FOR ME IS WORKER TO WORKER,AND MY NEXT BREEDING IS CAT MY BLACK ROUGH COAT OVER A 3/4 GREYHOUND WHIPPET/SALUKI AND LADY OVER A DOG CALLED TIGGER,THESE WILL TUNE MY LINE EVEN MORE,MARK
sounds nice to me :thumbsup:

:p Mine would be ( miss Tori x Sugar Daddy) :lol: :lol: :lol: No really, any thing out of the Miss Ellie, Miss Tori, Ellie's Star line, crossed with Ningbo Jack. :teehee:

I think all these dogs have shown their outstanding ability in racing, and temperament. :thumbsup: Diane

How about some picture's of the wee BOY Nick. :p

(w00t) I also think Stormy's Colt would make a good stud dog. :thumbsup: Diane

NOT HAVING A GO HERE BUT IS THAT ALL THESE DOGS ARE BRED FOR RACING IN A STRAIGHT LINE,SURELY WHEN SOMEONE TAKES INTO CONSIDERATION A MATING,IT SHOULD DO MORE THEN ONE THING 1TEMPERMENT 2WORKING ABILITY,3SIZE,4COAT,5MOUTH,6SPEED AND AGILITY ETC ETC,LIKE I SAID BEFORE TO MANY BREEDING TO RACE A DOG IN A STRAIGHT LINE THATS WHY THE KENNELS ARE FULL OF REHOMED GREYHOUND WHIPPETS

markbrick said:
NOT HAVING A GO HERE BUT IS THAT ALL THESE DOGS ARE BRED FOR RACING IN A STRAIGHT LINE,SURELY WHEN SOMEONE TAKES INTO CONSIDERATION A MATING,IT SHOULD DO MORE THEN ONE THING 1TEMPERMENT 2WORKING ABILITY,3SIZE,4COAT,5MOUTH,6SPEED AND AGILITY ETC ETC,LIKE I SAID BEFORE TO MANY BREEDING TO RACE A DOG IN A STRAIGHT LINE THATS WHY THE KENNELS ARE FULL OF REHOMED GREYHOUND WHIPPETS

All your dogs are bred for working, others are not, thats how you like your dogs and other people like theirs different, its an opinion poll not a who's right who's wrong poll.

TOMTHUMB said:
markbrick said:
IT WILL BE POINTLESS BRINGING MY WELL BRED WHIPPET X GREYHOUND DOWN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS FOR YOU TO JUDGE THEN UNCLE MARK :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

whats showing to do with breeding??????????????????????????????we are now talking two differant things

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back