The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Iggie Race Pics

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
THECAP said:
R U LOT FORGETTING THIS IS NOT A PURE IGGY  ITS A CROSS BRED.so the bones in it maybe stronger than a pure iggy.personaly if i had a pure iggy it would be used for a day out ferreting rats,rabbits not laid in a cage/couch looking like a plastic orniment,this little dog was bred to run looking at its build not to be walkin carpets and not to make people look good in a show ring,yet another breed getting fazed out by humans

1 is tippy a crossbred and the other is blue whom is purebred :thumbsup: mind you , as you will remember from hanging on to him at the champs he is a bit lure keen!!! (w00t) told you he was strong when he hears that lure!!!

i enjoy showing the edster and he is a natural showoff , blue hates showing but loves racing so i do what the dogs enjoy doing , as long as they are happy then im happy :thumbsup:

zilloots dogs are in superb condition and have the ability to do as they and se wishes, i think the cap has read the post slightly wrong and made and incorrect assumption, im sure it wasnt intentional on his part :thumbsup:

:wacko: :- "

Right I'm off to polish my ornaments and put them back in their carpet-lined guilded cage ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not an IG owner, and never will be, and so I don't want to get drawn into this whole debate. What every individual choses to do with his or her dogs is entirely up to them. I will say though that I have met some really well made iggies recently :thumbsup:

My concern in this thread, and the reason I'm saying it publicly is as a warning for anyone looking at the original picture, is that I am worried about any breed of dog running in a coat and collar that do not fit correctly :eek:

The dog running in the red jacket is in danger imo as the coat is obviously not the correct size and is an accident waiting to happen.

Running dogs hard (behind a lure as opposed to them free running in a field) is also dangerous in a remotely tight fitting collar. When they are running flat out a reasonably tight collar can very quickly become too tight as they run hard.

All of those that race or lurecourse our dogs take a risk. I know that, as I do it. My whippets run free every day and could (and have :wacko: ) injured themselves doing this. By entering them behind a lure or live prey I increase the risk they take imo as suddenly they are not just dogs running around. They are a sighthound who is so focused they would run through and over anything to reach their goal.

It is dangerous, but at least we can minimise the risks by ensuring that we walk the track prior to racing, only run dogs that are fit, take off collars, and coat them in correct fitting jackets.

At the end of the day, I race mine because they love it. I have one that really isn't interested and so he doesn't race. Winx and Ruso are mad for the lure :blink: and we go because they really, really enjoy it. Do I worry the whole time they're running? YES! But at least I know I have given them every chance of coming off safely as I've taken precautions like I said and made sure they are warmed up properly etc etc.

Just my opinion obviously, but I felt I needed to point this danger out for anyone who just looked at the picture and thought that coats where meant to fit that way.

TCx

TC said:
I'm not an IG owner, and never will be, and so I don't want to get drawn into this whole debate. What every individual choses to do with his or her dogs is entirely up to them. I will say though that I have met some really well made iggies recently  :thumbsup:
My concern in this thread, and the reason I'm saying it publicly is as a warning for anyone looking at the original picture, is that I am worried about any breed of dog running in a coat and collar that do not fit correctly :eek:

The dog running in the red jacket is in danger imo as the coat is obviously not the correct size and is an accident waiting to happen.

Running dogs hard (behind a lure as opposed to them free running in a field) is also dangerous in a remotely tight fitting collar. When they are running flat out a reasonably tight collar can very quickly become too tight as they run hard.

All of those that race or lurecourse our dogs take a risk. I know that, as I do it. My whippets run free every day and could (and have  :wacko: ) injured themselves doing this. By entering them behind a lure or live prey I increase the risk they take imo as suddenly they are not just dogs running around. They are a sighthound who is so focused they would run through and over anything to reach their goal.

It is dangerous, but at least we can minimise the risks by ensuring that we walk the track prior to racing, only run dogs that are fit, take off collars, and coat them in correct fitting jackets.

At the end of the day, I race mine because they love it. I have one that really isn't interested and so he doesn't race. Winx and Ruso are mad for the lure  :blink: and we go because they really, really enjoy it. Do I worry the whole time they're running? YES! But at least I know I have given them every chance of coming off safely as I've taken precautions like I said and made sure they are warmed up properly etc etc.

Just my opinion obviously, but I felt I needed to point this danger out for anyone who just looked at the picture and thought that coats where meant to fit that way.

TCx

YES THEY ARE TOO BIG AND WERE TRIED ON FOR SIZE AND FOR PICS FOR PAULINE, THERE ARE NEW ONES ON WAY FROM THE STATES :thumbsup:

posh totty said:
YES THEY ARE TOO BIG AND WERE TRIED ON FOR SIZE AND FOR PICS FOR PAULINE, THERE ARE NEW ONES ON WAY FROM THE STATES  :thumbsup:
Glad there are new ones ordered as if I'd tried them on my dog, and seen how big they were I wouldn't have run my dogs in them for any reason, and I certainly wouldn't have risked my dog for a picture.

Just thinking of the dogs welfare :thumbsup:

Good luck with your future racing.

TCx

Wow what beautiful Italian Greyhounds, they are so wonderfully fit with wonderful muscle tone - and doing what they are obviously so incredibly happy to do - running! I'm in love :wub:

wildwippys said:
Sooooo  cute  :wub:   :wub: I could cuddle him all day but I think Blue is the one who likes cuddles the most. o:)My daughter couldnt get away from him  :lol: .I think your dogs are fit and they really like to run .This is what dogs should be able to do .No fragile  labels on these little dogs. :- "
See this girl come's from the right background ,and is of good Norfolk blood,were some of the best lurcher's in the U.K hail from.Pray tell,Tania.Where on earth did you get those tiny little race jacket's from,as i might need a set before next year.Well,Whippet size,anyhow,and why are'nt those little beautie's,not like the one's i see over here,with the matchstick leg's ,as the song goes. ...Billy...

Opp's.Just went back for a closer look at those racing coat's,and see that they are too big like said ,a few post's back.But thankfully nowt went wrong.As for the leg's being easily broken.I would say no easier than a whippet or whippetx.'and i think weight has a lot to do with force,and Iggie's aint got much weight.Ever broken a rabbit's front leg's,after skinning it,and found that some are very difficult to break,and keep bending,making it awkward.Bet they are a lot thinner than an Iggie's leg too.Would'nt a thin bone bend more,than a strong thick one,and therefore not give in to snapping quite as easy. Just a thought,as i do a fair bit of fishing,and have found that a stiff rod,(please excuse that discription)when jerked (opp's)with a fair bit of force,will snap easily,whereas a thiner and more flexable rod,will take a lot more force,and give to bending first..Now this is fact.Hope no one is offended here. ...Billy...

no one offended billy, kindly tc and pauline both pointed out too big , better to be safe then sorry, :b

the jackets and indeed the new fitted ones are supplied by northolm supplies :thumbsup:

Sexy number 5 :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: Lady P

They look like they are having lots of fun. They look in fantastic condition!!!!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back