The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Indy Wont Be A Race Dog

fallenangel

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Indys triped of the bottom step of the stars last night and has fractured her other front leg shes home now and in plaster but the vet thinks there might be an underlying problem with her eather her bones are more brittle than normal or she doesnt have enghe give in her wrist as both injurys she has had have been just above her wrist on each front leg in allmost excarly the same spott,

There is no way shes going to be unabell to race in eather case So it looks like were not going to have a race dog in the futer so we will just have to stay whippet racing groupes and just watch becoues with another lot of vets fees theres no pennys in the pot to get another pup.

She will just have to live here with all the other rejecs cripples and old farts and hopfully stay out of trouble

:( poor Indy I hope she,s feeling better very soon. Are the rest of her litter ok ? it might help the vet if anyone could put any info on about her litter brothers and sisters and evan grans and grandads

so sad for you wendy she'll she'll race in her own time get well soon indy :(

so sorry to hear that wendy, shes a beautiful little pup. sometimes its as much fun watching as wot it is racing. good luck with indy in the future hope it heals quick.

So sorry to hear about Indy - what bad luck you have had with your pretty little girl :( :(

Hope she recovers well and that they find out if there is any underlying cause or not.

:luck: :thumbsup: :luck:

well shes our baby and ill be staying here what ever. One ay we will have a race dog but at the momnet i would have to put an add up saying wanted bitch not brindel they dont like us must ome compleat with own body armer and :lol:

it might be some time till our pennys streach to buying another pup but we do love watching anc cheering on laceys and Indys family

so sorry to here about indy, answer to tanya, the others in the litter are fine, no problems, this must just be a one off with indy, still this isn,t very reasurring to wendy and family, hurry up lacey lastic and come into season

debbie

Thats a shame, she looked such a nice girl at the track when i saw you at Swallowsnest, mind you do have your hands full with the rest of the dogs as well. All the best and good :luck: for the future.

Really sorry for you all Wendy that Indy wont be able to race, i know how much you enjoy all your dogs, hopefully in the future you will have one to race. :luck:

good luck :luck: with indy,and good luck to you all in the future :luck:

SORRY to hear about indy,,,,i hav the brother to indy ,,,i hav had no injurys problems yet(TOUCH WOOD) hope u hav some luck soon

heres a pic of the handsome devil

post_7189_1145737259.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
whippeteerThe1st said:
SORRY to hear about indy,,,,i hav the brother to indy ,,,i hav had no injurys problems yet(TOUCH WOOD) hope u hav some luck soon

heres a pic of the handsome devil

he is very handsome and you can tell hes indys brother

Sorry to hear that Wendy :( Get well soon Indy :thumbsup:

She will just have to live here with all the other rejecs cripples and old farts and hopfully stay out of trouble

i think i belong in that section :- " :D well indy being indy she is doing very well harassing the other hounds hitting them with the plaster :D here are a few pics

Tony

LOL bless her , where can I get a some cloths like that for Wolly bully :D

they do the same top in blue for woolbull in athal austins indys is a size 9 to 12 months bit lacey fits a 12 to 18 months :lol: :lol:

In that case I will have to wait for him to grow abit more as first born will be to big :D

Get well soon, Indy.

You're not having much luck are you :(

can she drink milk or have calcium supplements ?

Julie D said:
Get well soon, Indy.
You're not having much luck are you  :(

can she drink milk or have calcium supplements ?

shes been having suppliments from the vet since the last break and shes had goats milk every day since she was weened we carred it on when we got her an if she dosnt get it in a morning on weetabixs warmed in the microwave shes a sod all day :D

the vet sai he had come across simaler pups in he past and after about age 2 there bones were fine so fingers cross shs the same when the test are done then all we have to do is rap her in cotton wool for another 13 months her main hobby at the momnet is looking for the birds when they play the bird noises on big brother so she keeping herself bussy what ever she has wong with her shes definatly a one off and a star :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back