The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Intro

sally and Bellie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, My name is Sally and my little j/r cross is Bellie.....Going through very difficult time atm and looking to find similar someone else to chat with. Bells has diabetes, and is border line Cushings, and cataracts....and now needs her spleen removed.....anyone ??

Welcome ...sorry to hear about bellie ..how old is she. ..

welcome to the forum. Oh the poor girl :-( I'm sorry I don't have any experience with any of these issues. Hopefully someone will be able to offer you some advice

I'm afraid I don't know anything to help, but hope someone else can. Sounds like you have quite a lot to contend with. x

Welcome. Sorry to hear of Bellie's problems. I'm sure someone will jump in with some advice soon....

:( So sorry to hear this. But she doesn't know. You can give her the best life however long it is...and only you have the pain of it. Having had a similar timescale for my last adored boy the only advice is non-specific in that you should go for just palliative treatment... Good luck with her.

So sorry to hear about Bellie's problems. Haven't experience of those issues but my old boy is 14 with mobility, continence, sight and senses( except smell! )going.. it is tough when they get into their 'vintage' years, if the vet reckons Bellie only has 3-6 months, is that with the spleen removal op? I know it is a very sad and tough call but if it were me I would weigh up the option of the op, if the vet says a few months with no spleen, (when you have the anesthetic, stress and recovery in that time) as opposed to maybe a shorter time but a time she will be spending with you, at home where she is loved, with palliative care as Merlina mentioned... my heart goes out to you..

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back