The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Introduce Yourself And Your Dogs

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Im another Dee and am new to Whippets. I have 2 show Whippets and have just got a non-ped pup from Vicky who im looking forward to racing :luck:

I have raced Greyhounds for 15 years and my OH now races them.

Looking forward to meeting you all at race events in the future :thumbsup:

Genie pup:

genie6.jpg

Me showing Diamond:

Hound_Show.jpg

and Rebel (who is out of showing for a bit!)

Sleepy.jpg

Vicky, live in Astley, race at Gin Pit (A & T Miners WRC) currently have 5 dogs, Spaniel - Gabbi, Kit (Nch Maralyn) 12, Ella (Taylor Maid) 4 1/2 :( and 2 of her pups sired by Gillette, Jude and Ziggy 11 weeks.

Have raced since i was a kid and got my first whippet when i was 7. Have seen the sport change quite a bit in that time - there's a lot of lovely people racing, people who put in lots of time and effort in running opens and keeping our sport ticking over whilst a minority are busy bickering with one another.

Looking forward to some puppy and veteran racing next year but for the time being i'm happy to spectate and enjoy the social side of non ped racing :cheers:

I have 2 daughters, Robyn 3 and Ruby 19 months - both not surprisingly dog mad :lol:

Me and my baby

Ruby & Robyn

Kit

and the Boys

Last edited by a moderator:
MICK, LYNN AND FAMILY

YOULL KNOW US BETTER BY ( NOT THAT DOG AGAIN KESTRAL FLYER )

WE RACE AT THE WORLD FAMOUS LANCASTER WHIPPET RACING CLUB AT THE FAR MOOR EVERY WEDNESDAY EVENING WITH THE EVEN MORE FAMOUS MR STEVE BOYD AND MRS KAREN BOYD TWO OF THE MOST NICEST PEOPLE YOU WOULD EVER WISH TO MEET ( NICKS NOT BAD EITHER) WE HAVE BEEN RACING FOR TWO AND A HALF YEARS , AT THE MOMENT WE RACE KESTRAL FLYER , GUESS WHAT AND HOPFULLY SOON BB BEAR. WE HAVE MEET SOME GOOD GENUINE PEOPLE WHO HAVE HELPED US WITH OUR RACING AND TRAINING

WE HAVE TWO DAUGHTERS WHO COME RACING WITH US SOMETIMES CHLOE 11

AND ASHLEY 19 . WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE RACING WITH OUR DOGS AND HOPFULLY SOME SUCCESS

I'm Tery aka Skippy, and these are my two whippets Milo the Black one and Skipply the Brindle ... I know they are a little overweight, but boy can they shift!

TerrySkippyMilo.jpg

well Jac, the gezza who sold them said they were large whippets

TerrySkippyMilo1.jpg

JUST LIKE THAT !

Tommy Cooper was only a young lad when I first started racing... (w00t)

Both my Dad and Uncle were racers also..

When I first started it was rag racing up tapes not lure racing as it is today-dogs were much harder to train and only out and out fighters had to wear muzzles-the dogs that is :clown: not the women!

As the object of rag racing was to catch your dog on the rag which you had hold of.

Those with muzzles obviously never latched on...

Had some time out of racing due to work commitments-I was self-employed and only came back into it for my son Harry.

Things sadly nowadays are not as they were...which is disappointing-the need to win at all costs seems to overide the pleasure this sport has to offer...

My dogs are Crystal Bay-(Lauras Dream X Goldrunner) virtually unraced as she was obtained only as a pet

Kipper-no limit-(Chayanne X Shylo Dawn) injured early-only makes the occasional appearance now-but ideal for training youngsters as he's 100% honest

Fluke-needs no introduction (Mickey Mouse X Dessie)

Coral-likewise-(Crystal Bay X Itts the Pitts)

Time-same litter as Coral

Waterford-(Crystal Bay X Kipper) hopefully will reach her true potential this year-Regular seasons haven't done her any favours...

2 new pups-6 week old Bobby (Time X The Builder)

3 week old Annie (Fluke X Coral)

Not been racing as long as Stevie-but feels like it :lol:

Can't remember what we used to do before we got the dogs?

Not going to list the dogs....Stevie Boyd (Kipper-Fluke) as already done that

My dog is 20lb Coral -and I love him! probably more than Stevie.

We have 2 charming children :huggles: -Laura age 19 and Harry age 15-

Lauras at University and Harrys still at school...thinking about his future :oops:

I've attached a photo of myself so that you can look out for me on the track....

could only find an older photo-hope it will do-meeting Stevie took its toll

P.S

Mr Dudek-We love you too!!! and Nick and Pat of course....Can you smell Gas (w00t)

:clown: Fez Boyd :clown: aint took away your charm and looks Karen, he has just aged you having to deal with him :- "

My name is Tina , I`m married to Tony. We have two girls Helen and Elizabeth. I`ve been in racing for about 10 years. My first racing dog was Batfink, I also have Golden Warrior (ret), Shogun Warrior, Maddas who I race now and a five month old pup, Blue Jay Way.

Tina_and_Jay_50_.JPG

tinabow said:
My name is Tina , I`m married to Tony.  We have two girls Helen and Elizabeth.   I`ve been in racing for about 10 years.   My first racing dog was Batfink,  I also have Golden Warrior (ret),  Shogun Warrior,  Maddas who I race now and a five month old pup, Blue Jay Way.

Oops! I made an error.

Still we all make mistakes don`t we.

debbie said:
well everyone know,s me wether they want to or not, so for the new comers here goe,s, i,m debbie and this is me with master blaster, who is now owned by chris and anth, i also have master tornado and jacob, and 2 new pups soon,.

father and son taken last week, inseprable when together

and jacob (sauve dancer x master blaster), sorry couldn,t post more than 1pic at a time :oops:

Hi im Phil, been racing now for 8 years, doesnt feel like that.

I have 5 dogs;

Snowjo (Snudge) Indian Joe + Cosmic Cat

Black Magic (Penny) Demolition Sue + Shylo Dawn

Aye Ready (kala) Snowjo + Cracked It

Tristar (Tia) Black Magic + Shooting Star

A Shot of Magic (lacey) Black Magic + Shooting Star

mirrel said:
hi my name is mirrel and im a newcomer to the racing i have 3 dogs kangaroo jack who i raced at devon (cullompton) hes out of 2 become 1 / chicane. and maggie who limped all round the field with a sore paw im glad to say though shes back on all fours. shes out of grandparents top honcho and champion gem. and then theirs tip who i dont race. i have a driving test on the 19 aug i cant wait to travel to racing clubs and make more whippy friends. ps just learning to use computer as well.
GOOD LUCK :luck: WITH YOUR DRIVING TEST

weathergirls said:
mirrel said:
hi my name is mirrel and im a newcomer to the racing i have 3 dogs kangaroo jack who i raced at devon (cullompton) hes out of 2 become 1 / chicane. and maggie who limped all round the field with a sore paw im glad to say though shes back on all fours. shes out of grandparents top honcho and champion gem. and then theirs tip who i dont race. i have a driving test on the 19 aug i cant wait to travel to racing clubs and make more whippy friends. ps just learning to use computer as well.
GOOD LUCK :luck: WITH YOUR DRIVING TEST

thanks linda i do hope i manage it this time!

hi, i'm lalena! with this name, didn't think nick name required!i own staffies, hopefully i'll start showing around december(fingers crossed!). love nearly all dogs (i draw the line at yorkies, and jack russels though, sorry!) hopefully i'll be able to update with some photo's soon.

Welcome lalena hope the showing goes's really well.

My friend and good neigbour show Shar-pei's ive been to a few local shows with him.

i really enjoyed myself

bandanas_20in_20a_20row_20on_20tamaras_20dogs.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back