The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Introducing Bertie

Nettie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
This is Bertie, a 12 week old lurcher pup who I was fostering for Greyhound Gap. He was with us for a week as a foster and has now become a permanent member of our gang:

Indy let me share the sofa

e5ef5fb3.jpg

Calm before the storm

Bertie024.jpg

Heads down, bums up

6a0b08da.jpg

I'll get you, I will

0721978e.jpg

Did some one say QUIET?

cb87fc0b.jpg

Shattered!

3d7692be.jpg

He was kept in a small crate with the bitch and the 3 puppies that were left, none of the puppies could walk when they were rescued. He's ok on his pins now, in fact he's pretty quick already when he's running away from me because its time to go outside in the dark and he isn't keen!

Nettie

He's beautiful. I love the photo of him and Rio play fighting. He looks like a character. And of course he's black the best colour of all. :wub:

They are both gorgeous :huggles:

Do you have an idea of the x in him Nettie...from the bitch or whatever? Just wondering is he's going to be staying so dark, but i'm sure he'll stay as lovely :wub:

Good on you for giving him a forever home :thumbsup: Fosters can have that effect ;)

Awww well done you for loving him he's :wub: :wub: terrible the way he was kept before :rant:

Glad he"s found a nice home to settle into. How can some people be so cruel. :rant:

bappit said:
They are both gorgeous :huggles:
Do you have an idea of the x in him Nettie...from the bitch or whatever? Just wondering is he's going to be staying so dark, but i'm sure he'll stay as lovely :wub:

Good on you for giving him a forever home :thumbsup: Fosters can have that effect ;)

Apparently the bitch is a greyhound x collie and the sire a Irish Wolfhound x Whippet (hope the whippet was the male!). He's probably going to broken coated, maybe rough, and his longer hairs are grey so I think he will become much greyer. Funnily although Rio is dark with a grey longer coat she is actually brindle underneath. I usually have a dark and grey rough coat in the winter and in the summer I strip her out because her coat is so thick and she becomes an almost smooth coated brindle!

I've had two other foster pups this year but wasn't as tempted to keep them, I really wanted a rough/broken coated male so I had an inkling he would be staying although I had to wait a bit to convince the OH which wasn't as hard as I expected!

Nettie

:wub: What a gorgeous pup :wub: Glad to hear he's got a new permanent, loving home with you :thumbsup:

From the look of those photos he certainly seems to have made himself at home already!!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
what a sweety :wub: bet he will be a handsome lad when he grows up

sire whippet x irish wolfhound (w00t) wonder how many yellow pages had to be stacked up for the whippet to stand on :lol:

Hello Nettie!

Bertie IS a lovely pup & Indy looks like he's accepting him pretty well!

Hairies are GREAT!

Gorgeous - :wub: and Good Luck with him :thumbsup:

Bertie is lovely, well done you forgiving him a new home :thumbsup: after such a bad start, don't know how some people can be so cruel :rant: :rant:

Julie

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back