The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Introducing The Dual Sired Puppies

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
it was fantastic watching the pups being born last night - sadly I had to call it a night after #6 but am glad to discover #7&8 are also doing well.

Couldn't join the chat as i had too many other applications open, but i was glued to my screen like the other 60 viewers.

thankyou so much for sharing krys - can we make webcams compulsory for all k9 litters?

(w00t) Oh no, I looked at some of the numbers wrong! Reading the bellow instead of above! :oops:

It should have been;

Boy 2, girl 4, boy 5 and girl 6 by Quincy. All the ones with lot of colour and not much white. :b

Anyway, they look lovely even litter :thumbsup: :cheers: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
im paying for staying up and watching all 8 born,but worth it :huggles: :huggles:

trac said:
im paying for staying up  and watching all 8 born,but worth it :huggles:   :huggles:
Krys, they are gorgeous puppies, so even considering the difference in the sires. It's boy number one for me please. Just say the word & I'll book his flights LOL.

Tell me again, which dog had the natural mating & which was AI?

I wish you lots of luck with them.

Gail.

We ended up breeding them both to her naturally - neither were in the mood to be collected, but they were frantic to get to her in person - so we caved in :)

Krys

We have named them all :) I like to name them quick as I hate calling them 'pup #1' 'pup #2', etc. We can always change the names but I like to call them SOMETHING!

This is our Billy Joel Song litter, first is their call name and then what their registered name will be (SD stands for Shannon Down so I don't have to write it out over and over)

#1 - "Aurora" SD And So It Goes

#2 - "Caleb" SD Movin' Out

#3 - "Aaliyah" SD Uptown Girl

#4 - "Alexa" SD She's Got A Way

#5 - "Liam" SD The Entertainer

#6 - "Milo" SD This Is The Time

#7 - "Aidan" SD I Go To Extremes

#8 - "Cadence" SD River Of Dreams

To put names with pictures - I have their names listed with their pics on the website - www.shannondownwhippets.com Go to Current Litters and click on Dido x Quincy/Brooks litter born August 26, 2008 and then on the link for Newborn photos at the top :)

Krys

I like your choice of names. :thumbsup:

These pups will have so many followers I'll bet :D

Pauline

Congratultions with the puppies ! they look gorgeous

I like girl 8 ;)

Mom has done a wonderful job (ans so did you both Krys)

I really enjoyed the webcam (even better than tv :lol: )

Rita

Thanks everyone - the pups are doing great and I am so glad you all enjoyed the cam - it's still on and will be for a few weeks - so keep checking them out. They are really active pups, very strong and gaining weight great.

I am trying not to get attached to any girls as we REALLY need to keep a boy - we haven't kept a boy from any of our last litters for a while and I really want a little boy to show - my fav now is Liam, but I also like Caleb and Aidan - all are so nice. The only problem with Caleb is he's going to look SO much like daddy (I am sure Quincy is the daddy) - I don't think we need a clone of him - LOL One Quincy is enough.

Mom however is already getting attached to Alexa, I keep telling her NO!!!

Krys

Wanted to let you guys know that the web cam is down for the evening - they are ungoing some maintainance but it will be on and working fine in the morning ;)

Krys

what beautifully stunning pups ...... :wub: :wub:

and what smashing colours! any of the parti's for me please!! :wub: :wub:

:wub: we must be due some new piccys of these little cuties :huggles:

Liam is absolutely beautiful, and I am drawn to Alexa, which is very strange for me as I don't do girlies (w00t)

TCx

sdwhippets said:
Thanks everyone - the pups are doing great and I am so glad you all enjoyed the cam - it's still on and will be for a few weeks - so keep checking them out.  They are really active pups, very strong and gaining weight great. 
I am trying not to get attached to any girls as we REALLY need to keep a boy - we haven't kept a boy from any of our last litters for a while and I really want a little boy to show - my fav now is Liam, but I also like Caleb and Aidan - all are so nice.  The only problem with Caleb is he's going to look SO much like daddy (I am sure Quincy is the daddy) - I don't think we need a clone of him - LOL  One Quincy is enough. 

Mom however is already getting attached to Alexa, I keep telling her NO!!!

Krys

(w00t) Keep Liam AND Alexa, they are both gorgeous :wub: :wub: :wub:

TCx

My girl Scarlet is due to whelp in just over a week - so I REALLY don't want to keep two from this litter but we will probably hold on to a few for a while to grow them up a bit. Anyways, the pups are doing wonderfully - gaining weight, no issues - Dido is being an awesome mother.

I have some candid pics on the camera that are cute that I will post when I get them uploaded. Will post them sometimes today.

Krys

Okay - new pics :)

All the babies

DSC_0110-1.jpg

Cadence

DSC_0136.jpg

Cadence & Caleb

DSC_0142-1.jpg

Aidan

DSC_0145.jpg

Liam, Alexa and Aidan underneath them

DSC_0150.jpg

Cadence & Aidan

DSC_0161-2.jpg

Aaliyah

DSC_0166-1.jpg

Liam

DSC_0171-1.jpg

Aurora & Cadence

DSC_0174.jpg

Aidan & Liam

DSC_0178.jpg

Enjoy!!!

Krys

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back