The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Jake Whippet

Phoenyx

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Jake is going down to meet his fosterers later today, I'll probably not be back online again till Monday so here's hoping that he gets on well with the other dogs and if he does, he's got a lovely home to stay in for a few weeks them hopefully a permanent one after that (w00t)

Here's the sleepy little fella:

34a36367.jpg

I'm gonna miss him :wub:

Good luck little Jake :luck: :luck: :luck:

Good luck Jake :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

He's so gorgeous, I'm glad he's got a new home set up otherwise I would have been in turmoil. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: I'm well and truly in love

[SIZE=14pt]Good Luck Jake[/SIZE] :thumbsup: :luck: :luck: :luck: what would we do without Pheonyx ;)

[SIZE=21pt]Good luck Jake[/SIZE] :luck: :huggles: :luck: :huggles: :luck:

Good luck Jake, it looks like he is smiling in that pic :wub:

:luck: :luck: :luck:

[SIZE=14pt]GOOD LUCK JAKE[/SIZE]

:luck: :luck: :luck: [SIZE=14pt]good luck jake[/SIZE] :luck: :luck: :luck:

best of wishes to little jake.hope hes got a lovely kind caring home soon :luck: :wub: :)

:luck: :luck: Good luck Jake :luck: :luck:

Fingers crossed for you

Julie

Good luck Jake, hope he finds a lovely home :wub: :thumbsup: :luck:

Jake Whippet looks a lovely little chap! We are currently looking for a Whippet as company for our two. Untill recently there were three, but Spot passed away a couple of weeks ago and is sadly missed by all, Brewster was pining terribly, but thankfully he's getting a lot better now. :thumbsup:

Im down in Swansea in South Wales, Maybe we are too far from Jake to adopt him, and it sounds like he may already have a home and Im not sure where Jake is in the country!

:luck: :luck: Good luck to wee Jake :wub: :wub: :wub:

Hope he gets a lovely new family :huggles:

Well, things didn't quite happen as planned! Jake is still very upset at losing his family :( He attached himself very firmly to me in the short time he was here and we felt that to move him straight away to another home with different dogs would be a bit too much for him just now. So, he's having a couple of days in the rescue boarding kennels first where he will get lots of attention from the people there without being able to latch on to one person in particular, then he's going to his fosterers in a couple days time, hopefully by then he'll be a lot more relaxed and able to cope with the change better. He's happy to mooch around at the rescue as long as there's someone around and when I left last night he did seem a lot more relaxed than when we arrived.

I don't normally use kennels, I much prefer to have the dogs with me, but in Jake's case we all felt that he was bonding too strongly with me and to keep him here would just make another move so much harder for him. He is very attention seeking right now but I know a lot of it is just for show as I could hear him happily playing and bouncing his tennis ball around in the kennel at 4am yesterday morning! (w00t) If he doesn't know you're there he's much more settled, and he has a lovely comfy bed to snuggle up in (I sneaked a look at him while he was asleep and he'd made a lovely nest :wub: )

Poor little fella just needs some time to let his panic at being moved from his home disappear :(

Jakes fosterers are very experienced and very caring people and will be able to make sure he's ok with children, cats etc then he has had a home offer that will be checked out as soon as possible. If that doesn't work out I'll let you know and you can form an orderly queue ;)

It broke my heart to leave the little lad behind last night but I know that he needs some space for a day or two to chill out :'( He's a playful, bouncy, hyper-active, cheeky little pup and he will be a wonderful companion for someone, preferable who's around all day. I'm hoping that his home offer works out for him - I just wish we lived somewhere bigger and with more land, he'd have been very welcome here :wub:

I'll upload some more pics when I find the cable to my phone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww Phoenyx that must have been terrible for you :( but he must need the space to be fully adjusted to going to the right home, Im sure he will be fine. :thumbsup:

Good Luck Jake and you new home, Im sure some very lucky people await you somewhere out there. :luck: :luck:

GOOD LUCK TO JAKE, I'M SURE HE'LL BE OK, HE CERTAINLY LOOKS VERY HAPPY IN THE PHOTO. :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back