The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Josephine's Victory

OEH

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We had an excellent day at the Lincolnshire Game Fair.

Well to start with, Nana won me a fiver in the racing (w00t) , but got bad cramp, so we didn't run in the final. :( (she is all better now, but I have been recommended to give her espon salts before and after racing to prevent it happening again)

Then Josephine raced for the first time, and OK, she came last, but she did it in style. She stood there for a few seconds having been slipped watching it, and then moved like lightening, but had left it too late to catch up :( .

Thirdly Tess went in the simo and ran her best course ever, and got through a couple of rounds, but as there were no height classes and she is 19" and there were 29" dogs running, well...........

Fourthly Josephine WON HER CLASS. She was sooooooo brave (she is still nervous of strangers) but she doesn't trot she floats. (w00t) :D :D :D :D

Nana was still uncomfortable, so not moving as well as normal, so only got second in her class (but that's quite good any way isn't it) :)

Then Tess was third in her class, however there were only three in her class :oops: . She hate's showing, and is a real clown :clown: , I said stand and she stood on her hind legs (I am really not kidding). She really isn't good at showing and is so good at coursing, I think she can stick with that in future.

Then came the Championship for Josephine.................. :- "

We were pulled into the last 4......... :eek:

Then the last 2.............

Then we only got Reserve, but for her first show since being rescued I am pretty impressed. The judges said that if she hadn't have been so nervy she would have won it, but I am seriously pleased :D (w00t)

Pics to follow tomorrow of our beautiful rosettes and our lovely lovely trophy (it was dark when we got home, so rather hard to take pics)

I am soooooooooooooo happy and proud of my girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh, well done! :cheers: your girls did you proud :thumbsup:

:cheers: Fantastic :cheers: Well done to all the girls, and especialy Josephine :thumbsup: :wub:

WAY TO GO :cheers:

Hugs for all the girls & very well done on a super day :D

Nina

Well done Josephine. Is he the broken coated one OEH? I liked her best when we went on the Portmeadow walk.

welldone olivia and dogs :cheers:

they all did u proud :thumbsup: cant wait to see pics :)

Josephineandtrophy.jpg

Josieandtrophy.jpg

Josiestrophies.jpg

Thanks everyone. I so pleased with them all :D .

Jan- yes she is the hairy one- you were absolutely right on the walk she is good :) .

:cheers: :cheers: Told you all your hard work would be worthwhile ;) :thumbsup:

Well done Josephine and Olivia :cheers: - she looks stunning in those photos, doesn't she stand beautifully! :wub: :thumbsup:

Well done Josephine. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (and the other dogs of course). :wub:

Josephine really is a beauty Olivia. You must be very proud and so pleased that you decided to give her a home. :wub: :huggles: :wub:

Can't help agreeing with the others...Josephine is a stunner. Good idea to photograph her against a white backdrop...lovely. :wub:

I thought she did really well on the walk with her letting me fuss her. She didnt really object so I think she will only improve. I dont think she is by nature nervous I think circumstances may have made her so. She will only get better, but I think she will always be reserved with strangers which isnt a bad thing in this day and age

:cheers: awwww well done :cheers:what a proud mum you must be :thumbsup:

well done Josephine.

Lovely dog, She did seem to enjoy the walk in port meadow olivia

sharron

Well done :thumbsup:

she is one gorgeous lurcher :wub: :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back