The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Josie The Hero!

~Helen~

Warrior Queen
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:( :( :(

Yesterday I let the girls off for a last run at the end of a walk, in a very safe field we use every day. We were right at the far end, away from where there is a narrow strip of unfenced edge with access to the road. Lola is such a good girl, she comes when she's called, follows Josie like a shadow, and things are usually fine.

They were having a lovely play with the frisbees, when suddenly a little dog started yapping from the other side of the hedge and it spooked Lola. She just shot off like a bullet, straight in the direction of the road (that's the way home!).

It was far, far away, but she was so fast I didn't have a hope of catching her. I was frantic - calling her name over and over again as I ran (her life was flashing before my eyes, I tell you!).

But then Josie just shot out of nowhere, caught up with Lola, and coursed her in a big curve away from the road. Then she got slightly ahead, and because she still had a bright pink frisbee in her mouth, she was able to get Lola's attention and Lola chased her all the way back to me! I was on my knees by this time, and swept Lola and Josie up together. Lola collapsed, panting for her life :( and trembling like mad. I was so so proud of Josie :unsure: because if she hadn't done that we'd have lost Lola on that road :(

Josie's such a hero. I don't know if she did it intentionally, or whether she just went for the chase, but to me she saved her sister's life. She's the best dog in the world :'(

I think Josie knew exactly what she was doing. I have seen dogs doing something quite calculated, repeatedly.

Josie is a very clever girl! :cheers:

Lida

What a dramatic tale! I would say Josie did it on purpose, it's a lovely thought and I would certainly give them both big cuddles and treats for being so fabulous :huggles:

Clever Josie :thumbsup: - she has always been a very special dog, Helen and I wouldn't be at all surprised that she knew exactly what she was doing. :wub: o:)

Lucky, luckly little Lola :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wub: :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
Phew..... what a close shave Helen and Very well done to Josie :thumbsup: bet you were so relieved when the moment she was safe in your arms. :huggles:

well done Josie :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

poor you Helen,it must had been awful for you

:huggles: :huggles: to JOSIE and LOLA :huggles: :huggles: to a very lucky girl

Wow, clever Josie - hope she got a big juicy steak for her dinner !!!! Lucky Lola to have such a fab big sis :thumbsup: :huggles:

i believe also that josie knew exactly what she was doing xxxxx

:wub: :wub: :wub: swwet .. clever girl josie xxx

What a special little dog. :wub:

:huggles: :huggles: :huggles: To everyone

Well done Josie such a special girl :wub: :wub:I hope you and Lola have got over the trauma Helen :huggles: :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't Josie clever. I also think that she knew just what she was doing.

Bet you aged a few years in that field Helen.

Always thought whippets could read our minds :thumbsup:

She new what to do good girl :wub: :huggles:

Josie's a bright girl as we know :huggles: ........What a girl :wub: .......hope she's being hand fed steak as we speak :* ........

Seeing danger ahead and not being able to do a thing about is such an awful feeling. :sweating:

:thumbsup: Well done Josie, you clever girl

clever josie!she knew what she was doing allright!i know that sinking feeling when something like that happens,heart goes into the pit of your stomach!give josie a big steak for her tea! she deserves it! :) :thumbsup:

What a good girl Josie!!!

Bet she gets some extra good stuff with her tea tonight!

Wendy

Tripe, tripe and more tripe is what she's had for tea :wub: and lots of cuddles and fuss. I think she wonders what's up :lol:

I keep looking and Lola and thinking what life might have been like today :(

Thanks everyone, you're right, Josie is a special, clever dog :wub:

wow super Josie to the rescue, what a star :thumbsup:

OMG Helen you must have felt helpless watching Lola hurtle away from you.

That just proves how clever and sensitive Josie is. She has obviously bonded very strongly to Lola now too.

[SIZE=14pt]Hooray for Josie[/SIZE]

And by the way...*pink* frisbees......I would expect nothing less for your girls :huggles:

omg! the very thought is terrifying! guess josie is a guardian angel here on earth. big cuddles to your girls :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back