The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Just Friends Attacked

AndrewPocket

fatboyslim
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
my little dog zak has suffered a major attack by a staffy bull terrier leaving him with a ripped shoulder and cuts n bruises every were.............

he was just comin back from a operation ready for devon when today on a short stroll was attacked good to say that the staffy owner coffed up the vet bill little price for what has happend

Last edited by a moderator:
:( Andrew I am sorry I hope Zak is better soon. I take it the staffy was not on a lead ? The breed has a bad name because of bad owners , any tom dick or harry can go and buy one and I think its time it was stoped. Staffys should only go to owners who know how to bring them up and keep them under conroll thay are killers in the wrong hands.

When Zak is better if he is worried about staffy type dogs let me know and he can meet ours. He has been trained , lives with our whippets and has already made friends with Tanyias 3 week old pups.

The dog that attacked your Zak will have to be pts. Dont let the owner off, if that dog was off a lead and therefore not under controll the owner is more to blame than the staffy and should not be allowed to keep that type of breed, or any dog for that matter.

Get well soon Zak :huggles:

tanyia said:
:( Andrew I am sorry I hope Zak is better soon. I take it the staffy was not on a lead ? The breed has a bad name because of bad owners , any tom dick or harry can go and buy one and I think its time it was stoped. Staffys should only go to owners who know how to bring them up and keep them under conroll thay are killers in the wrong hands.When Zak is better if he is worried about staffy type dogs let me know and he can meet ours. He has been trained , lives with our whippets and has already made friends with Tanyias 3 week old pups.

The dog that attacked your Zak will have to be pts. Dont let the owner off, if that dog was off a lead and therefore not under controll the owner is more to blame than the staffy and should not be allowed to keep that type of breed, or any dog for that matter.

Get well soon Zak  :huggles:

poor dog...a horrible experience isn't it Andrew?

in theory tanyia its a reasonable idea to only allow 'staff experienced owners' have the breed but its never going to happen is it?

I'd like to see the breed phased out completely...because as you've said they're killers in the wrong hands.

what op was he recovering from?

Then again any dog can be a killer in the wrong hands. Staffs are very strong so get a bad name from having bad owners. Our staff has been attacked 5 times while on a lead and did not fight back. We have a little girl who lives 4 doors away blind in one eye after being attacked by a jack russell, put the dam owners down

Aww poor little lad :(

Get well soon Zak :huggles:

So sorry Andrew,hope Zak gets better soon.Unfortunately there's not much cover on a little whippet if another dog attacks.- Karen

So sorry Andrew, you must be gutted. :(

Get well soon Zak :luck:

Jac

Sorry to hear about zac m8 hope he pulls through take the gun next time m8 :thumbsup:

well seems alot more chippa today swellin down will put some pics on later

many thanks to u all for your kind words :thumbsup:

his opp was on his foot steve he had wood in his padd and his foot was like a ballon full of puss its been bandged since the english dearby and it came off bout 4 days ago :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that Andrew,it must of been very traumatic for you and the dog.I had a staffy some years back and had a great temprement,never attacked another dog or a human all it`s life,then out the blue one hot summers day she turned on a mongrel,i luckily jumped in before any real damage was done and got her off,there was blood and a small gash on the dogs ear,not a put down offence.The owner was cool about it as i apoligised repeatedly,but i never let her off the lead again.

Hope she recovers soon Andrew.

tanyia said:
Then again any dog can be a killer in the wrong hands. Staffs are very strong so get a bad name from having bad owners. Our staff has been attacked 5 times while on a lead and did not fight back. We have a little girl who lives 4 doors away blind in one eye after being attacked by a jack russell, put the dam owners down
hear hear! deed NOT breed. mine are anything but dangerous, and i would risk the lives of my entire family on their trustworthiness.

i've known more vicious jrt's, westies, and labs than staffies.

sorry to hear about zak andrew. hope he gets better soon

Elaine and Sally

andrew our jac told me about this today.im so sorry its happened to your dog.just before devon too.id sue the arse off the owner for trauma,vets bills,loss of income from future stud fees,loss of winnings and emotional distress.hey, and guess what?.........youd win mate :thumbsup: tbh im sick of seeing dogs on here ripped apart by this breed. :angry: and yes i know theres folk on here whos dogs are fantastic with other dogs and have never attacked another dog and are wonderful with children,and run errands for little old ladies, etc etc etc. -_- so why is it always staffys/staffy crosses who are attacking dogs for no reason other than that theyre in the wrong place at the wrong time?staffys owners arent ALL idiots surely. :- " the law of averages means that some idiots will own other dogs than these so why is it always these who attack? :( i send my best wishes to your poor Zak for a quick, painless recovery. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Andy. Hope Zac soon gets better. :thumbsup:

had a similar experience couple of weeks ago, luckily my steel capped boot got

the staffy before it got my dog.

have a speedy and full recovery zak :luck: :luck: seems to be a on going problem which the police are not interested in as they are not classed as a dangerous breed. :angry:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back