The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

K9 Content - Copyright

Vicky

Maid Your Point
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Please take note of this section of the rules.

No content from K9 Community can be copied, printed or distributed by any mechanism at any time without the express permission of the community administrators.

I'm hearing more and more of peoples pictures being used and topics being printed off to be distributed, it is only common courtesy that you ask to use the material before printing it off or using it elsewhere.

I didn't know this but it's polite to do so IMO. Also I'd like to add that if it's any of my piks it's definately worth asking me because I can e-mail / process images at a far better quality than what I post on here. (JPEG images deteriorate the more you use them)

The other thing is if I'm already hosting them it's easier for folk to ask me for the direct link code rather than them go through the whole rigmarole of saving the pik to their PC then uploading in to their own image server. I have several accounts and if I know an image is in active use I would keep it uploaded.

Must admit it peeved me the other week when I came across a web site where my piks had been posted, people had commented they was good and the poster didn't have the courtesy to admit they weren't their own. :- "

Dad used to have that trouble all the time Jac,

Wont stop people doing it tho! Especially when pics of peoples dogs are so hard to get when they get a good one its used over and over.

Its only good maners if there a pic say of your dog and you want to copy it ask permision from who took it. I have had this problem with a birthday pic done for me on another site. someone uesed it somewere else and when they were pulled up about it they coulsnt see what the fuss is so I hope peoepl do take note of this when wanting to use pics or text aswell as good maners its stealing

I asked Jax for a copy of Robbie last photo racing (it's on k9),,I have not taken this photo off k9,,as I would rather get Jax's permission to do so.

Peter Scott posted me a photo of Robbie he took a few yrs back (Thanks Peter :thumbsup: )

I would hate the thought of any photo's I or John have put on, to end up god knows where :rant:

Very wrong :angry:

Now lady's claws back in lol i for one do not like pics of dogs on here cos to me its a big advert fot theives IMO :- "

unwanted said:
Now lady's claws back in lol  i for one do not like pics of dogs on here cos to me its a big advert fot theives IMO  :- "
It's not just about photos it's about people copying and posting peoples posts on here and posting them on other forums/ printing them off etc.

wild whippies said:
unwanted said:
Now lady's claws back in lol  i for one do not like pics of dogs on here cos to me its a big advert fot theives IMO  :- "
It's not just about photos it's about people copying and posting peoples posts on here and posting them on other forums/ printing them off etc.

Going to get Nigel involved in this as yet again posts and pictures have been copied onto another forum without asking the author or even mentioning on the post that the information was originally from k9. Hacking into their members accounts to post the details copied off k9 is another matter all in itself. :rant: :rant: :rant:

Wouldn't mind if people had the courtesy to ask or even at least give a reference to K9 but to post it under another members name is fraudulant. Let alone the copyright issues that have been breached.

let me see if i have got this right,,,,,,

if some one see,s a photo of there dog on k9 ,,,,,,,,for example,,,,,

they should ask the person who put it on ,,if they can copy it,,,,,

shouldn,t the person who took the photo off the dog ask the owner,s permision too put it on in the first place,,,,,,,,,,

:- " :- " :- " ,,,,,,,,,,,,just a thought

well i dont mind if pll,s want to copy a pic,s off there dogs,,, that i took

it dont bother me :thumbsup:

after all,,,,its just a photo,,,why the big deal,,,, ?

No, I personally don't have any issues about people copying and saving piks of their dogs to their PC's, this is not what were criticising, the issue lies with other people copying photos, and typed word on here and posting it elsewhere on other websites either as their own text or hacking another members account and posting it as thought they had originally posted it on this other website. They are not the owners of the dogs either that's doing this.

A lot of my photos are used (with permission) by Christine Cornish to be used in whippet news, if anyone has an issue about me posting a picture of their dog then I'll happily edit them out of shot and I'll pass their request onto Christine. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
WELL JAC'S AND VICKY AND WHO EVER ELSE POSTS PICS EASY WAY OF STOPPING THEM IS STOP PUTTING THEM ON. AND THE NEXT THING U WRITE IS WHY SHOULD U.WELL SIMPLE WHY COMPLAIN ITS GOIN TO HAPPEN WETHER U LIKE IT OR NOT LADY'S SORRY TO GIVE U THAT INFO :- " P.S I KNOW ITS RUDE OF THEM

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back