The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

K9 Content - Copyright

i have stopped posting as many pictures as i used too as i started to find my pictures appearing in all sorts off sites even being used as a banner on a dog forum without permission, it is very hard for some people to grasp the whole copyright issue its a lot easier to mark your pictures with your name etc and Navara makes a valid point if you are posting images on a public forum you should have the permission of the owner of the dog etc to do that

unwanted said:
WELL JAC'S AND VICKY AND WHO EVER ELSE POSTS PICS EASY WAY OF STOPPING THEM IS STOP PUTTING THEM ON. AND THE NEXT THING U WRITE IS WHY SHOULD U.WELL SIMPLE  WHY COMPLAIN ITS GOIN TO HAPPEN WETHER U LIKE IT OR NOT LADY'S SORRY TO GIVE U THAT INFO  :- " P.S I KNOW ITS RUDE OF THEM
Because I don't see why one person who steals stuff to bump up their website should ruin it for everyone else. I have been told time and time again that people like to see their dogs photos, they like to see where their dog was in the race, they like to see the passion in their dogs faces as they run.

For the record, none of my photos have been posted on this particular site without my permission but I have added the piks myself for that sites own self-promotion. The photos that were taken are older photos that carry personal worth to the individual who posted them on here. But the biggest vex is the fact they have copied text from this site and posted it either as their own material or posted it under another members name without permission from either K9 or the member concerned. When the member queried this, they wiped them, along with the whole forum they was posted in.

Think of it like this George, how would you like it if I went on K9 under your username and started posting 'awww cute puppy'' on all the puppy threads? I know for a fact you'd be raving too. :p

dont know if the problem is the racing photos on here which are fantastic if you can down load the photos :wacko: it would be very tempting if there was a goodun of your dog.

on the otherhand should you have permission to photo peoples dogs :wacko: .

what ever love looking at the photos,as long as people arnt down loading and selling :angry: ` maybe you could find a programme that puts proof or copy on them .

problem is they are great action shoots. why dont the photographers print them up on a4 good photo paper and sell them at opens. sure people will buy a good picture of there dog :thumbsup: :luck: :luck:

i would :cheers:

also people might not know about copy right,who reads the small print :nuke:

Last edited by a moderator:
also people might not know about copy right,who reads the small print
It doesn't matter if you know about it or not, it is still the law. As for selling, my husband has started to put his photos of opens on a web-site that prints the photos and will send them to clients who buy on-line. There is a limited up-take at the present, though some people have bought photos. It is extremely expensive to just print the photos out yourself in the hope that some-one might purchase one. People like Jaq and Lloyd put a great deal of time into taking, editing, up-loading and storing their pictures, hours and hours in fact. I think they are generous beyond words to allow people to view and use their photos (Lloyd has also allowed WN to use photos aswell as web-sites and newspapers). The pleasure these photos give people is immense, and it is theft pure and simple to use these images without seeking permission first, that also applies to the written word here on K9!

DavidH said:
what ever love looking at the photos,as long as people arnt down loading and selling :angry: ` maybe you could find a programme that puts proof or copy on them .
problem is they are great action shoots. why dont the photographers print them up on a4 good photo paper and sell them at opens. sure people will buy a good picture of there dog  :thumbsup:   :luck:   :luck:

I have come across programmes and photo websites that will disable the right click function the reason I don't use it is because I don't want to deny people from saving the pik of their dog. I also will happily email them the original which is of a higher quality than what's seen on here.

I do provide A4 photos upon request (£2.50 which I know Joanna is going to rollock me for because I'm making no profit from this whatsoever but I don't think I'm as good as Lloyd :thumbsup: )

Joanna is right, I do spend hours editing and uploading photos but it's a hobby which I enjoy doing and the compliments I recieve are reward enough. :)

Not only that, but being able to see other people's photos like LLoyds, Trish G's, Whippeteers, Digimons, Scottys, Vickys' etc, eggs you on to keep learning and keep improving. :cheers:

Of course I wouldn't rollock you buddy (w00t) , if people ask, that is different, I was only saying that you couldn't print loads out in the hope some-one might buy one if they hadn't asked first as printer ink costs a fortune:D. We don't print any at home now as our printer isn't really good enough, all are printed profesionally if any-one wants to buy one as a keep-sake. Again, it is a nominal amount which just about covers expenses.

It would take a millenium for Lloyd to even break even with the amount of dosh he has spent on cameras and equipment, as you say, it is a hobby first and foremost, but that shouldn't mean any-one has a right to pinch your efforts. I love to see photos of the racing too, but I wouldn't dream of copying a photo for publication else-where without the owner's permission.

I think people are generally really good about this, some may have no idea, or may have not considered the rights of the photographer, and a very small number may just carry on regardless.

As well as photos, it is illegal to copy any kind of content of one website and post it on another without the permission of the board owner and poster. Its theft of content and breaks copyright rules, just the same as if it was printed material or a piece of music.

LIKE I SAID JAC'S DON'T PUT THEM ON THEN THERE WOULD NEVER BE A ARGUEMENT.I DO NOT LIKE SEEIN PICS OF DOGS ON HERE COS TO ME ITS A ADVERT FOR THEIVES.AND I WILL TELL ALL U HAPPY SNAPPERS I DO NOT WISH TO HAVE MY DOG ON ANY PICTURES ON K9 ECT...... IF I WANT TO PUT A PICTURE OF MY DOG'S ON HERE OR ELSE WHERE I WILL DO IT MYSELF THEN THERE IS ONLY 1 PERSON TO BLAME (MYSELF)

George, which part of ''it's not about my photos'' don't you get? :wacko:

For your reassurance I will never post a photo of your dog. :thumbsup: Can you please respond to the other thread with details of your objections from the list specified. Same goes for anyone else who has concerns.

I would be interested though in where you summarise that posting a photo of a dog contributes to it's theft?

And yet again the thread is being diverted from the issue of someone stealing some precious old photos from K9 and adding them to their website without permission. Along with copying K9 member's posts and posting them as either their own text or someone elses text by hacking that members account!!

George you're getting a miserable begger in your old age :lol:

As for you budding photographers out there.Please don't stop putting your photos on here I love to look at them as i'm sure loads of other folk do. :thumbsup: :D Karen

rodders said:
George you're getting a miserable begger in your old age :lol:
As for you budding photographers out there.Please don't stop putting your photos on here I love to look at them as i'm sure loads of other folk do. :thumbsup:   :D   Karen

Totally agree with both comments there Karen :D

weres my post gone and i still think george talks shite :- " :)

Jac theres loads of water marking programs out there ...if you need one let me know

does this mean we are going to have to copyright our pics :(

DSCF1386.JPG

Or this...love this cheeky little girl

DSCF0927.JPG

Well I'm not about to start doing it unless I get requested to do so by any of the websites I post them on.

In fairness what's posted on here is really poor image quality compared to the originals, you can even see a difference from what's posted on K9 to what's stored on my original online albums.

I would encourage folk to message me though as I'll happily send the requested pik and enhance the quality etc. I'll even do special requests e.g. banners for use on websites, photo processing etc. Only things I charge for is the photoprocessing and that's because I use an online company that's superior than my printer.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back