The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

K9 Speed Upgrade

Nigel

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I've made a few changes to the server & server software that should speed up access times. Hopefully there is no down side and everything works just like it did, but quicker.

Let me know if you have a problem with anything, or notice a speed improvement 8)

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure I'm waiting less time for the pages to load :thumbsup:

if this is fast god knows wot slow is i can make a cup of coffee and come back and it might of change pages

oh i tought it was a aol thing i gave up on site ages ago because ,half the time page doesnt load or it taks ages no differnt tonight

devonmaid said:
oh i tought it was a aol thing i gave up on site ages ago because ,half the time page doesnt load or it taks ages  no differnt tonight
Lots of folk critisize aol, i have no probs with it whatsoever, for starters there are 9 critical updates from microsoft, have u downloaded em, lots more help if u want it

keith

If anyone has speed problems with K9 they really need to look to their isp or local PC - there is no speed issue with the K9 server. I'm not even on broadband and performance is fine. There will always be odd times when updates are applied or the server is being rebooted but overall performance is very good. The server has dual AMD Opteron Processor 250's running at 2.4Ghz.

The speed that the front page downloads is checked every hour 24hrs a day from London - I've included last weeks report here

week1.gif

well i used to have major probs waiting on pages loading esp with pictures would take forever for 2 or 3 pics to load but major major improvements so thanks nigel :cheers:

Nice and quick here, thanks Nigel :cheers:

Same here, very quick. :thumbsup: noticed the difference straight away.

loading taking about 60 seconds is there anything i can do to help myself

it's super quick on any other sites just slow on k9

joyce said:
loading taking about 60 seconds is there anything i can do to help myselfit's super quick on any other sites just slow on k9

Well, I know I've said it before but dump AOL or at least dump their browser and/or at the very least don't access sites via their proxy server.

Go to http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/ and download/install Firefox 8)

Nigel said:
joyce said:
loading taking about 60 seconds is there anything i can do to help myselfit's super quick on any other sites just slow on k9

Well, I know I've said it before but dump AOL or at least dump their browser and/or at the very least don't access sites via their proxy server.

Go to http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/ and download/install Firefox 8)

Must admit Nigel Ive got AOL, but never use their browser now - its loads quicker. :thumbsup:

AOL totally mud slow get rid.

Me lucky I work and live @ a school so am hooked in to school network and this time of year its quite bet even when its busy I have got 100mps connection.

Yes 100mps but sometimes the filter stops so much its better staying home.

There I am getting 8mps 24/7.

My problem is remembering passwords @ 2 in the morning. :- "

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I've been having a lot of problems getting on k9 for a while now very slow waitng for ages .No problems with other sites though .

Then this morning as I was logging of AOL it came up as updating your files and now I can get on k9 through AOL without any problems This wek I haven't even ben able to get onto AOL at all it kept disconecting even ha problems on internet explorer

oakmoorehill said:
YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  I've been having a lot of problems getting on k9 for a while now very slow waitng for ages .No problems with other sites though .

Then this morning as I was logging of AOL it came up as updating your files and now I can get on k9 through AOL without any problems This wek I haven't even ben able to get onto AOL at all it kept disconecting even ha problems on internet explorer

wont disconnect if u go to aol keyword, and type in, XPSP2, download the patch, even if it tells u that u already have it, download again, ive no problems whatsoever with AOL

keith :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back