The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Kelmarsh Game And Countryfair

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:oops: Sorry Milly.

Yvonne, thanks for that will just have to wait until Maddy comes into season and yes i have spoken with you a few times on the phone, i've gotta stop calling those chat lines. :lol:

Just home from work and it's about time this thread went a bit loopy loo as things were getting way too serious.

Yvonne no wonder travellers get a bad name.Watch where you drop that crystal ball might do someone some damage :D Karen John you Irish gonna tell us something about the shows across the Irish Sea.Billy Craige told me you run over a longer distance than us.I suppose if I was to average our distances out you would proberbly be looking at about 160yds.(Thats why we run whippet/greyhounds with hopefully early pace.)You can win the race at the beginning if your lucky.The two longest races in most recent years are Midland and Lurcherworlds finals at Cholmendly Castle.If its run in the same place this year at Cholmondley your proberbly looking at about just short of the Midland run.Grounds not much better than the Midland though.Bring back the old days of the Midland when Dave Wallace used to run the racing.Purpose made grass track of about 180-200yds.Was like running on a bowling green.Can you remember Geoff ?I'm afraid for racing Chatsworth doesn't seem to have the prestige.Another really good show is DRWLC in Derbyshire.Chris and his team let you camp over.So you could bring a tent.There's a pub at top of field.Normally a must with the Irish.All running events,racing,hurdling and coursing.The racing and coursing are up hill, not brilliant ground but not bad either.I know they'd make you really welcome.Just realized i'm off gabbing again.It's your turn :cheers: Karen

dazgail said:
Rose,  if you are going to race "Miss Tori" around the bends i have a kickboard which you are more than welcome to have. It should be ok for her as there's not that much of a difference in Tori's and Maddy's size.

hey darren, yeah wud be great for even training her at the tracks here b4 going over, only if u dont mind?? :cheers:

Rose :)

(w00t)

rodders said:
Yvonne no wonder travellers get a bad name.Watch where you drop that crystal ball might do someone some damage :D Karen                                                                                                               John you Irish gonna tell us something about the shows across the Irish Sea.Billy Craige told me you run over a longer distance than us.I suppose if I was to average our distances out you would proberbly be looking at about 160yds.(Thats why we run whippet/greyhounds with hopefully early pace.)You can win the race at the beginning if your lucky.The two longest races in most recent years are Midland and Lurcherworlds finals at Cholmendly Castle.If its run in the same place this year at Cholmondley your proberbly looking at about just short of the Midland run.Grounds not much better than the Midland though.Bring back the old days of the Midland when Dave Wallace used to run the racing.Purpose made grass track of about 180-200yds.Was like running on a bowling green.Can you remember Geoff ?I'm afraid for racing Chatsworth doesn't seem to have the prestige.Another really good show is DRWLC in Derbyshire.Chris and his team let you camp over.So you could bring a tent.There's a pub at top of field.Normally a must with the Irish.All running events,racing,hurdling and coursing.The racing and coursing are up hill, not brilliant ground but not bad either.I know they'd make you really welcome.Just realized i'm off gabbing again.It's your turn  :cheers: Karen
(w00t) (w00t)

160 YARDS (w00t) (w00t) GET A LIFE !! LOL OUR MAIN RACE TRACK AT "SHANES CASTLE" IS ATLEAST 500 YDS , TO BE HONEST WE TAKE WHAT WERE OFFERED AS VENUES. WORST EVER AT A GAME FAIR WAS LAST YEARS EFFORT BY THE NLRC AT BALLYWALTER....APPROX 90YDS !! :x WHATS THE EFFING POINT :eek: 4 STRIDES AND ITS OVER !! (w00t)

JOHN :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason we came out lurcher racing was because

1 Our Quin was so badly injured through some ones stupidity, he had to be put to sleep :( . The return wheel, ie pulley, was placed on the centre of the finish line.

2 The racing at Chatsworth became a joke :clown:

3 There was a little group of nasty cheating bastards :oops: ,who would do anything to try to beat me at racing, but that was not very often, thank God. My record still stands. No one as won more Chatsworth finals than us, from 1986 to 1999 straight racing.

In 1988 I won 64 dog simulated coursing with our Sally. Also she was supreme show champion in 1986. Got reserve champion of champions at chatsworth in 1990 with our Bow, then he sired champion of champions at chatsworth Teagle owned by Nigel from Cornwall. Our Midge won the long jump 3 consecutive years. :- "

We won the racing all over the country, from Ayr in Scotland to Penzance in Cornwall. Theres nothing like blowing your trumpet lol

PS BEWARE OF WOLVES IN SHEEPS CLOTHING

YOURS IN SPORT GEOFF :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
milly said:
The reason we came out lurcher racing was because1 Our Quin was so badly injured through some ones stupidity, he had to be put to sleep :( . The return wheel, ie pulley, was placed on the centre of the finish line.

3 There was a little group of nasty cheating bastards :oops: ,who would do anything to try to beat me at racing, but that was not very often, thank God. My record still stands. No one as won more Chatsworth finals than us, from 1986 to 1999 straight racing.

In 1988 I won 64 dog simulated coursing with our Sally. Also she was supreme show champion in 1986. Got reserve champion of champions at chatsworth in 1990 with our Bow, then he sired champion of champions at chatsworth Teagle owned by Nigel from Cornwall. Our Midge won the long jump 3 consecutive years. :- "

We won the racing all over the country, from Ayr in Scotland to Penzance in Cornwall. Theres nothing like blowing your trumpet lol

PS  BEWARE OF WOLVES IN SHEEPS CLOTHING

HOLY SHOITE !! :thumbsup: THATS SOME ACHEIVEMENT GEOFF !! AND I KNOW FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE IT DOESNT COME THRU BEING LUCKY !!

YOURE THE MAN !!

J :cheers: HN

milly said:
The reason we came out lurcher racing was because1 Our Quin was so badly injured through some ones stupidity, he had to be put to sleep :( . The return wheel, ie pulley, was placed on the centre of the finish line.

PS  BEWARE OF WOLVES IN SHEEPS CLOTHING

learn something new every day :eek: well Done Geoff and Co, lol :thumbsup: i did'nt know about your record at chatsworth

Karen, :thumbsup: will try to keep up the good work and will be talking to Tony about his crystal balls,

p.s just of to shop's :b need more pins :eek: lol

WOW WOW WOW That's some record Mr Fletcher. I think it was yourself who said to a friend of mine "that there's nothing like coming home from a race with that smile of victory", you must have been walking around with a constant smile. I take my hat of to you sir. Not only have you done it at the lurchers but i believe your dogs have been successful at the non ped racing also :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rose i will bring the kickboard to the next lurcher show or will leave it with John for you.

Gyp the lurcher gave birth to two pups, one was born in England and the other in Northern Ireland....which one was the dog. Answers on a postcard please. (w00t)

My my it's all gone very quiet on this thread. Still no post cards yet? :p

dazgail said:
WOW WOW WOW That's some record Mr Fletcher. I think it was yourself who said to a friend of mine "that there's nothing like coming home from a race with that smile of victory", you must have been walking around with a constant smile. I take my hat of to you sir. Not only have you done it at the lurchers but i believe your dogs have been successful at the non ped racing also  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup: Rose i will bring the kickboard to the next lurcher show or will leave it with John for you.

Gyp the lurcher gave birth to two pups, one was born in England and the other in Northern Ireland....which one was the dog. Answers on a postcard please. (w00t)

THANK YOU, BUT PLEASE CALL ME GEOFF :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back