Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Kennel Club Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

liza

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
can anyone tell me what is the closes relative we can breed to now on our pedigrees i have looked on the kennel club website but i couldnt find any infomation on this topic

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/cgi-bin/it...p;h=242&f=0

the information you require is here, the bit underlined is the welcome changes

Bascially, father/daughter, mother/son or brother/sister mating will not longer be registered unless written permission is given before the mating took place

any roma pics yet come on mrs youve kept us waiting long enough, shurly your camera is charged by now :p

i agree nicky come on your camera must be charged by now :D

Bascially, father/daughter, mother/son or brother/sister mating will not longer be registered unless written permission is given before the mating took place

Mr Sampson has openly admitted this was purely a PR exersise by the KC so i wouldnt worry about it , they obviously arnt o:)

Mr Sampson has openly admitted this was purely a PR exersise by the KC so i wouldnt worry about it , they obviously arnt o:)
I understand the rule is in effect now from March, that these litters will not be registered, do you now feel that there will be an about turn on this then?

for that, did you notice the change in age of mating a bitch has altered. I thought you could not register pups from a bitch older than 7, this now says 8 yrs at time of mating. Also no more that 6 litters, great news there. I think 3 is enough for any bitch.

:b pat

I understand the rule is in effect now from March, that these litters will not be registered, do you now feel that there will be an about turn on this then?

for that, did you notice the change in age of mating a bitch has altered. I thought you could not register pups from a bitch older than 7, this now says 8 yrs at time of mating. Also no more that 6 litters, great news there. I think 3 is enough for any bitch.

I hope their is no U turn, there is NO need in ANY breed to allow this kind of in breeding :angry:

It has bee 8 years for sometime now. ;)

I hope their is no U turn, there is NO need in ANY breed to allow this kind of in breeding :angry:

It has bee 8 years for sometime now. ;)

I am with you on the No U turn on breeding - this would make a complete joke of the fact they made the rule in the first place.

Ref 8 yrs - I guess as I have not been involved with breeding for some time now, this change completely passed me by.

Just wondered why they upped it to 8 yrs or am I dreaming that it was 7 yrs.

i personaly think they should not alow 6 litters from same bitch and definetly not past age of 6 for breeding weise ,iv seen first hand what it can do to a bitch :angry: just my opinion thou ;)

i personaly think they should not alow 6 litters from same bitch and definetly not past age of 6 for breeding weise ,iv seen first hand what it can do to a bitch :angry: just my opinion thou ;)

the reason i put this topic on here is the dog i am thinking of useing lines up on the third generation and as this will be katie's one and only litter i dont want to make the wrong decission

i personaly think 3 litter is more than enough for a bitch

Any pics of Roma yet?

I cannot imagine why one would want to take 6 litters from a bitch, if she had her first litter at two, she would have to have a litter every year to get in the 6 litters allowed. What a dreadful thing for the KC to allow.

Any pics of Roma yet?
I cannot imagine why one would want to take 6 litters from a bitch, if she had her first litter at two, she would have to have a litter every year to get in the 6 litters allowed. What a dreadful thing for the KC to allow.

Obviously they we busy with all the other issues and over looked the one that give the PF a free hand.

:angry:

hi still no pics of roma i see :( has she really been found ?? :unsure:

Six litters from a bitch are far too many, would have thought you would be thrilled to put on pictures of Roma.

Six litters from a bitch are far too many, would have thought you would be thrilled to put on pictures of Roma.
would love to see pics of roma :lol: even if shes on her own on the sofa,I know if she were mine and i had got her back i would be posting them everywhere :p hurry up with the pics

I wonder why the question about Roma seems to be ignored???Strange,i've seen Liza reading his topic :blink:

I know she's been reading this thread too.

I do now wonder if Roma is actually home or not. A photo of her with the other whippets would help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am now closing this topic, the original question posted has been answered.

Jenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back