The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Kick Boards !!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
How about folk start using the search facility on k9 and reading previous replies on a subject, rather than the same thing being debated time & time again. Talk about stuck record![/quo
better idea just delete it vicky

Last edited by a moderator:
i really wish i hadnt spoke i only wished to point out that there were arguments for both sides as i happened to been reading a back topic yesturday after searching for trap sizes and had found the reasoning for both sides quite interesting what i said i had directly quoted it from that back topic so someone had obviously said it before me. I only wanted to suggest that it was an interesting read and might i point out the this back topic had been started because kickboards had been banned at that time and the large majority was arguing that they should not be banned. I did not intent to restart the whole debate which from what i have seen has been brought up every year and argued to death. This sport is supposed to be for fun how can we enjoyed the sport if we can never agree.

like my Boo carole she doesnt need a trap lol just a line to put her feet on lmao

and i dont need to slip her just take lead off and leave her there, walk upto finish to catch her and she will not move till the lure goes (w00t) love my Boo Boo

like my Boo carole she doesnt need a trap lol just a line to put her feet on lmao

and i dont need to slip her just take lead off and leave her there, walk upto finish to catch her and she will not move till the lure goes (w00t) love my Boo Boo
Ahhh she's lovley wish mine were as well behaved

HAHA Boo's my one and only well behaved one Emma, i dont think i will get my pup Diva to be as well behaved cos shes mental all ready :sweating:

How about folk start using the search facility on k9 and reading previous replies on a subject, rather than the same thing being debated time & time again. Talk about stuck record!

well said vicky

How about folk start using the search facility on k9 and reading previous replies on a subject, rather than the same thing being debated time & time again. Talk about stuck record!

well said vicky
here here close it,right load of baloney :thumbsup:

THE BEND SEASON IS ON THE HORIZON,KICK BOARDS THIS WEEK, SEEDING NEXT -_-

use a kickboard, have a dog over 55lb, seed when u dont need to seed ya dog? OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!! ROTFPMSL (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Lets get it right !!! A whippet shouldn't be more than 32lb!! If you have one of these dogs that are 55lb.. then race them with Greyhounds !! Come on !! there have been lighter dogs won the Waterloo Cup and the Greyhound Derby !! I've heard nonsense about having to go to Greyhounds to improve the "gene pool"... What a load of crap !! We go to the Greyhound looking for that holy grail.. a dog the size of a whippet with the speed of a greyhound ! If you realy want to expand the gene pool, goto a Pedigree Whippet !!! Oh No.. that won't do !! It'll bring the speed down !! Whippets should be from around 16lb to 32 lb.......the rest should be culled !!!

Cheers.

Lets get it right !!! A whippet shouldn't be more than 32lb!! If you have one of these dogs that are 55lb.. then race them with Greyhounds !! Come on !! there have been lighter dogs won the Waterloo Cup and the Greyhound Derby !! I've heard nonsense about having to go to Greyhounds to improve the "gene pool"... What a load of crap !! We go to the Greyhound looking for that holy grail.. a dog the size of a whippet with the speed of a greyhound ! If you realy want to expand the gene pool, goto a Pedigree Whippet !!! Oh No.. that won't do !! It'll bring the speed down !! Whippets should be from around 16lb to 32 lb.......the rest should be culled !!!
Cheers.
whippet / ghd cross have produced some of the best yd/lb racers MAI ZEE MU and TINKERSMILL two fantastic dogs on the bends and straights.

the big dogs are now a major part of racing, and most people like to see them race.

as for your original topic regarding kickboards i have also raced since 1968, it is now 2010 and things have moved on.

and as for your comment the rest should be culled :eek: the only things that should be culled are your posts. :rant:

Cheers.

what a stupid thing to post you seem to come on just to cause bad feeling theres a name for you but ill get into bother if i say it on here :clown: cant beleive what youve said

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers.
PRICK

Lets get it right !!! A whippet shouldn't be more than 32lb!! If you have one of these dogs that are 55lb.. then race them with Greyhounds !! Come on !! there have been lighter dogs won the Waterloo Cup and the Greyhound Derby !! I've heard nonsense about having to go to Greyhounds to improve the "gene pool"... What a load of crap !! We go to the Greyhound looking for that holy grail.. a dog the size of a whippet with the speed of a greyhound ! If you realy want to expand the gene pool, goto a Pedigree Whippet !!! Oh No.. that won't do !! It'll bring the speed down !! Whippets should be from around 16lb to 32 lb.......the rest should be culled.
what like you.we don"t cull our dogs, unlike greyhound men when their dogs stop making them money.half of them have never even walked their own dogs.or even what their favourite food is.ive just lost my old dog who was 15 and weighed 46lb and been reired since he was 3,it broke our hearts,we got him when he was 8 weeks old and did everything we could to give him a good live.greyhounds are thrown in a field to fend for themselves and don"t even know what its like to have a H O M E .how many do you think are looking to be re-homed today?i rest my case.d ck head. :rant:

Lets get it right !!! A whippet shouldn't be more than 32lb!! If you have one of these dogs that are 55lb.. then race them with Greyhounds !! Come on !! there have been lighter dogs won the Waterloo Cup and the Greyhound Derby !! I've heard nonsense about having to go to Greyhounds to improve the "gene pool"... What a load of crap !! We go to the Greyhound looking for that holy grail.. a dog the size of a whippet with the speed of a greyhound ! If you realy want to expand the gene pool, goto a Pedigree Whippet !!! Oh No.. that won't do !! It'll bring the speed down !! Whippets should be from around 16lb to 32 lb.......the rest should be culled !!!Cheers.
A poor choice of words i think, if you have had or have dogs/animals of any shape or form i am hoping when you say they should be culled what you mean is they 'should be separated from' the whippet racing or 'picked out' not culled as in destroyed!!!!!! in theory they are actually separated as they are raced in scratch racing not the handicap system. People are very aware that I personally prefer 16-32lb whippets but i would never say any dogs/animals should be culled as this straight away brings to mind the destroying or killing of (w00t)

im 16 to 32lb man but this persons a DOPE :thumbsup:

he needs culling the arsole more shite on here off arsoles that make my **** boil theres people on here thats lost dogs and you come on here with that shite get a f***ing life and thats gerry posting we keep mour dogs and dont just thro them out

Cheers.

Obviously by your comments that dogs exceeding the handicap weight should be culled shows you have no understanding of genetics or the need for a diverse genetic gene pool. Something which is slowly occuring within the pedigree gene pool already as defects and longevity are recently becoming issues.

There may be a time when non-peds are approached to bring their blood back into KC peds again, just like it did after the war when numbers were limited and their gene pool was decreasing.

The fact you hunted for a post in the past where you would of clearly seen there was differing opinions on kickboards yet decided to trawl it up and now your bringing up another ''debate'' clearly shows some desperation for you to cause some grief on the non-ped forum.

your comments are out of order im sure you will get a warm welcome at the next whippet meeting you attend :angry:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back