The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Kick Boards

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I live in Scotland so i never voted for postal votes to stop nor did my fellow racers up here. We cant go to any AGMs because its to far for us to travel to and it would cost us a few pounds to do so.

tony warren said:
i agree that the ban should stay till next year it was voted in by those who attended. and those that voted you can say dont want it now otherwise, what was the point of going to the a.g.m. loseing a days pay and 3hrs drive. if you want the ban lifted go next year and vote for it, otherwise if you dont like whats been voted in then lets have a free for all and make the rules up as we go along.
AND WHO ARE YOU????I DONT THINK I KNOW YOU SORRY....

@JOHN

With the lack of an official statement from the fed on this issue ....WHY DO THE FED HAVE TO EXPLAIN ANY THING ? CAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE ONES BANNING ANYTHING....

@ NEIL
course they dont make the dogs run any faster, but they sure make a big differene to times that dogs can run 30/40 spots .....SO WHERE DO THEY FIND THIS TIME DIFFRENTS THEN? WHEN USING A BOARD ?
@ FLUKE... WELL WE SHOULD ALL KNOW THAT THE bwra proposals2001 results were as followed ( you said it all) :D

@ michelle...

The majority of BWRA members obviously didn`t vote at all.
126 (those that voted in favour of a true AGM) is only about 20% of the total membership.

Less than 100 members attended the AGM; 42 voted to ban kickboards, less than 10% of membership. Doesn`t seem a good way to run a democratic organization to me.

I ONLY HAVE ONE THING TO SAY ...BRING BACK POSTAL VOTING...

SOLUTION ....IF YOU DONT WANT TO USE THEM" DONT" ... NOBODY IS TELLING ME HOW TO RUN MY DOGS :D :D

Truth about the vote for a true AGM. this was brought in for one reason only. At AGM's in years prior to this one the reps of each area had a meeting with that present committee to decide what proposals should or should not be voted on in a postal ballot. The reps were not doing as they should and having an area meeting to decide how each area wanted to vote on proposals and therefore it was left to their own thoughts on what ordinary members could or could not vote on.The proposal was for all members to be allowed to say what proposals could be voted on at a postal ballot. The committee of the BWRA took this as meaning that there was no need for a postal ballot, they inturn through Doreen Hopkins were told that it was not meant to get rid of a postal ballot but to ensue that those who bothered to attend an AGM could vote on what proposals went to a postal ballot. It was the committee that said that there would be no postal vote this year, they made this assumption in all good faith i presume, but if you do not like what you have, propose an ammendment at next years AGM

Membership figures. At this years AGM we were told exactly by the registra the membership numbers of the BWRA, i cannot rcall the exact figures but with the £5 levy on all memberships for this year it was hoped that the sum of £1500 would be collected. this then shows that there is approx 300 memberships of single and family tickets.

Denise I cannot recall me saying that the fed are banning kickboards but I have heard a rumour that they are not going to ban kickboards. But as you know rumours in whippet racing a rife so an official statement from the fed will help after all some racers want the same ban across the board and some dont. All I was saying was that if the fed made an official statement and that statement were to say they are going to ban kickboards in my opinion most clubs would follow. I agree with you about the postal vote it should be returned or some sort of modernisation to the A.G.M process should take place to give all members a chance to voice their opinion. After all this is 2003 we should not all have to meet in a hall for a true and proper A.G.M.

Truth about the vote for a true AGM. this was brought in for one reason only. At AGM's in years prior to this one the reps of each area had a meeting with that present committee to decide what proposals should or should not be voted on in a postal ballot. The reps were not doing as they should and having an area meeting to decide how each area wanted to vote on proposals and therefore it was left to their own thoughts on what ordinary members could or could not vote on.The proposal was for all members to be allowed to say what proposals could be voted on at a postal ballot. The committee of the BWRA took this as meaning that there was no need for a postal ballot, they inturn through Doreen Hopkins were told that it was not meant to get rid of a postal ballot but to ensue that those who bothered to attend an AGM could vote on what proposals went to a postal ballot. It was the committee that said that there would be no postal vote this year, they made this assumption in all good faith i presume, but if you do not like what you have, propose an ammendment at next years AGM
It seems I may have been right after all Steve, we didn`t actually vote for the abolition of postal voting - that was decided by the committee, but we did vote to allow members to be allowed to make proposals which is something completely different. Since a the abolition of a postal vote was NOT voted in by the members then the vote at the AGM cannot be valid until all those members that did not attend have been given an opportunity to vote -by post if they wish. What is there to stop the committee holding the AGM in Tenerife?

IIRC the reason for the abolition of the postal vote was cost and the decision was made by the committee.

IIRC there are over 600 members of the BWRA all presumely who have a right to vote

beleive me or not,i tryed jodie without a board,then with one and the difference was nearly 40 spots faster, so i guess thats were they find time, with a kickboard,and after watching her trap wthout one,all i can say is there's gonna be more injuries caused by not using em,so there you go spunky :D ;) bring em back i say before a dog seriously hurts itself

we took cass to easington to gave her a run round without a board she went round in a good time of 1489 then we took her up the week after and she did no were near that time we took her to get check out from allan and ivy at newcastle and we were told that it was lucky she did not hurt her self due to not running with out aboard as there will be more hamstring injuries running without boards these two treat god only knows how many greyhounds a week with hamstring injuries and told us that they would like to see them brouht into greyhound racing to save injuries :p :p :p :p

also how many hock injuries do greyhounds suffer ....we never hear much of hock injuries in whippets?

We had our A.G.M today for Kirkcaldy WRC and after a long discussion with the exception of B.W.R.A events (unless any E.G.M changes the B.W.R.A rule) kickboards WILL BE ALLOWED FOR RACING.

GOOD NEWS John, glad to know racing up there will be as good as it always has been.. hope to see you all soon... :p Pat :D

Well i am sure that no one who has added to this debate would ever try to tell others how to run their dogs the fact of the matter is that the bwra have rightly or wrongly banned kickboards for the year 2003.Also i might add i was not present at the 2001 agm therefore in so far as saying it all!!!! i would suggest that someone again has been miss-informed please try and get yoyr facts correct before printing i have no doubt had i been there i would have expressed my views as is my right along with others attending and being a paid up member of the bwra.

i think this subject has run its course, theres more[RUBBISH] being talked about whether springboards cause injuries or not,nobody knows for sure. but i know one thing the angle of the springboards some people use are well over the top &they are sure to cause problems. You cant expect a dog to trap properly without a springboard till it gets used to not having one &then youl wonder what all the fuss was about.

This topic will run its course when people stop posting. This topic could have been avoided if the postal vote was still in use after all if somethings not broke why fix it.

I think WE ALL as BWRA members should be able to air our views regardless of whether it is rubbish or not, i say a big WELL DONE to the BWRA commitee who has tirelessly worked through out 2002 so that we the members can enjoy our racing....kickboards is an issue which a lot of us think should be reinstated, why, because we never voted them out........ ???

GOOD LUCK TO ALL in 2003 :D

WELL EVAN I MUST AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE PAT MY SWEETNESS. THE COMMITTEE DO WORK HARD FOR US MEMBERS.

TIS GRIEF THAY ARE GETTING ALL FOR THE SAKE OF US MEMBERS AND OUR WHIPPETS. :0

THERES SADNESS FOR YOU :(

WE DO NOT WANT TO UPSET THE COMMITTEE, WE JUST WANT OUR

RIGHTS AS MEMBERS :D

THANKYOU TO ALL THE B.W.R.A COMMITTEE FOR ALL THERE HARD WORK.

As I havent been a active racer for a couple of years I have obviously picked a great time to start to train my my new pup having read a few of the reply's to this topic I am now totaly unsure wether to train my dog with or without a trap board. personally I woukd prefer to keep them but rules are rules and if they are not allowed then obviously I carnt use one.

Could some one please tell me where and where I can not use trap boards as things stand today so I can make my mind up :) :) :)

anyone's advice would be greatly appreciated :D

At this moment in time we are not allowed to use kickboards whilst racing for the BWRA, but a lot of members are calling for a EGM so that all the members can vote, nice to see you back again :D

I think its about 8 bwra opens in the year where kickboards can not be used at unless some clubs tend to follow suit ,then i suppose it will be up to then to state where or not you can

hope that helps :D

JoJess thats a good point about the B.W.R.A. committee, years ago at the end of the A.G.M someone would thank the committee and every would clap. A thankless job. ???

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back