Kickboards

Should Kickboards Be Banned

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I would just like to say I hope no one holds anything against u vicky nor michelle just for having a different oppinion, we are all adults , well the majority of us are

( sorry kids) :D and i thought whippet folk were all friendly people, that is untill now, after the EGM and whilst in the club house a few of us were reading a peice of paper with peoples names on that wanted to ban boards, it was snatched out of our hands by someone who stated " we don't want just anybody reading that, after all we don't want anyone being VICTIMISED do we" so vicky i fully understand what you are saying, but the coin has two sides and it is not just you and michelle that are getting special treatment shall we say, i bet everyone reading this board is laughing their socks off at us all, what we like ey........

Yes Jojess you are right on that one, there are 2 sides to the coin.

I can remember a very dear friend of mine 14 years ago raced his dog without a kickboard. one day the lids came up, out came the dogs. My fiends dog fell coming out of the trap his back was broken. The dog was put to sleep 15 minutes later by the vet.

But the issue here is th E.G.M which was called for those who lived to far away to travel for a meeting so had on vote on the issue of kickboards.

We all now have a vote, What can be fairer than that.

The EGM was called so that EVERYONE could have a say in the banning or not banning of kickboards, we will have to wait and see what the outcome of the postal vote is, true butch u can't be fairer than that, anyways

??????????where u bin :D :p ;)

Hi Jojess :D :D :p :0 ??? ??? ??? ???

I have been to busy to come into k9. ;) :p :p

Still making my new kick boards . How many did you want me to make for you ?

Accidents will happen regardless of wether we use a kickboard or not so, if boards are banned and our dogs still get the same injuries can we safely say the injuries were caused by something else and not kickboards............ ;) ??? :b

sorry to hear that your friends dog died in such a way butch, was not using a kickboard the definate cause....

put me down for as many as u like butch, :D told u before i can always find use for em lol :D :) :p ??? :b

??? oyyyyy u trying to get me in bother ;) :b

give us a clue ?????who r u ???

Not to worry peeps the voting forms will be on our letterboxes very soon ???

As for the votes at the moment......i get the feeling that someone/somepeople are voting dishonestly, I have a good idea that some people have duel identities therefore voting twice!!!!!!!!

If that is happening, then i feel that you are being childish and swaying the votes to suit yourself. :(

As for the daggers thrown at me and vicky at opens..........so what!!!!!!!!!(like we care), all i can say is me and vicky have got an opinion about things (weather people agree or disagree), we are not afraid of using our real names (unlike some) and we happy that whatever we write we will stand by!!!!!

Within a short space of time all this will be done n dusted, and we can get on and race our dogs in peace (without daggers ??? )

Heres to happier racing days. xx

I will drink to that one Michelle :D :D

HERES TO HAPPIER DAYS :p :D :D

Sorry Jojess not giving my ID someone has to make you smile on here

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Maybe Nigel could verify with a yes or no answer if people have been voting twice with different names?

well i must say it's nice to be smiling again butch, :D and if any of you are cheating, well you are cheating yourselves, so come on let's all smile and be happy......... :D

OK just for you Michelle I have added my name to my signature.. hope u r smiling :D

Pat n pete.........i know you are jojess :D .........but good on ya for adding youre name anyay :D

Well I for one think that debate is healthy it is better to be open and air your views. For every person who states a injury caused by a kickboard another will come on and state an injury caused without one so maybe these injuries were just racing injuies caused by pushing off. If injuries are formost in peoples minds I am surprised that no one has put anything in about therun offs. Here is another thing to think about a 32lber is in a race with a 18lber at 1yd lb so the 18lber is getting 14 yds of a start. The lure then moves off and it has travelled approx 24 yds before the traps open but that 24 yds is for the 32lber its only 10yds for the 18lber. So what is that 32lber doing for those 14 yds hitting its head off the trap front trying to get out can this injure a dog well I will leave that up to you. My point here is how many times have you heard someone say that race was won at the traps. In my opinion although some people are genuine with there concerns to injuries there could be others more concerned about winning. Think about it if your dog does not trap well with a kickboard or if your dog does trap with a kickboard people might just be thinking tactical. I know which way im voting but either way I wish that all the racing groups would get together and ban kickboards or keep them. As for the peds if I have interpetated the wn correctly a couple of months ago they allow their members to vote by post for everything so if they are laughing we have brung it upon ourselfs.

I dont think Nigel will be able to do that Vicky as me and Susan are registered under the same e-mail address but under different names and post on hear seperate under our own names and have voted using the same method.

how many greyhounds die each week, can any one say? they dont use boards, i am starting to wonder if those wanting a ban are being tactical,

i dont see why because many of them have nothing to prove ,if your happy to run without a board then just do it.. but choice means just that so lets all have a one... and get on with our sport it might not last much longer the way its going, i for one am close to saying stuff it. too many trying to change to many things, and i can not see an end to it, as most wanting a ban are still using them at fed and other events, even if they are convinced its causing harm to the dogs ,if the ban was an all out ban i would say fair enough ,but i will not confuse my dogs for the sake of eight opens a year ,,also i refuse to be dictated to by anyone on how to race my dogs, at least now people have a fair say not just a few at a so called agm ...but what ever the outcome i am no longer going to argue with old or new freinds ;) :angry: also i bet a lott of ped owners cast their votes on this site ???????? :(

Just been to yoga.......am im sending good happy vibes to everyone :D

Straight from the horses (sorry murial) mouth, the forms in post on Sunday! Not long to wait then we can clear this bloody thread off once n for all !! :D :D :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back