Kickboards

Should Kickboards Be Banned

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
when its over and done with.......lets delete this thread :p

Pete here, would some kind person tell me [/u]WHY they want to ban kickboards, what is the reason behind your ban. :( ???

this is my theory from the girl thats not arsed on a ban either way...........

some people believe they cause injuries

some people believe esp on the straights that the smaller dogs have an unfair advantage with racing yd/lb and ramps, wherehas running without makes it a fairer race

some think that banning ramps would save time at the traps

and some just like something to argue about ...to cause trouble i can not see why its come to this...we should all enjoy our racing god knows we spend enough money do it...i am starting to think is it worth it..

I HAVE JUST VOTED MY ONE VOTE BUT MY WIFE FEELS THE SAME AND IS A BWRA MEMBER, OUR DOG BUNCIE BOY WAS OFF THE TRACK MORE THAN ON LAST YEAR DUE TO INJURY,SINCE WE HAVE NOT USED A BOARD 16 RACES THIS YEAR HE IS FINE, NO SIGN OF INJURY, WE DID NOT GO TO THE AGM AND DID NOT

VOTE BUT WE WERE TOLD BY A GRAYHOUND VET THAT HIS INJURYS WERE CUASED BY HIS KICK BOARD

HE WAS OFF THE TRACK FOR 8 WEEKS BEFORE DEVON WE ONLY RAN IN THE NWRF AT DEVON HE GOT INTO THE FINAL, THEN WAS OFF FOR ANOTHER 6 WEEKS DUE TO INJURY RUNNING INTO A SAND FINISH SO I THINK IT MUST HAPPEN AT THE START ALL INJURYS WERE IN THE BACK LEGS OUR LOWER BACK.

:( IF KICKBOARDS ARE BANNED THE CHAMPIONSHIPS WILL BE A DISASTER BECAUSE I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE WON"T RACE THERE DOGS :( I WILL BE ONE THAT WON"T RUN WITHOUT A KICKBOARD, ???

BUT THAT"S MAYBE WHAT SOME WANT ;) ;) ALSO YOUR REGIONAL B.W.R.A EVENTS WILL BE POORLY SUPPORTED WE WANT MORE DOGS TO ATTEND NOT LESS. ;) ;) ??? ??? THATS WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF KICKBOARDS ARE BANNED.[ save the kickboard or loose whippet racing] ??? ???

WELL I LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS, USING A KCKBOARD SHOULD BE AT THE OWNERS DISCRETION, IT IS YOUR CHOICE WETHER YOU USE THE BOARD OR NOT , AND THAT IS THE TOP AND BOTTOM OF IT... WHY ARE PEOPLE FALLING OUT, WE EITHER USE THEM OR WE DO NOT... :angry: ( some one obviously feels cheated ey)

On the voting form is it just a straight yes or no to banning ramps? what about those of us who are'nt that bothered is there a "not bothered either way" option?

well i can't believe it our post be very slow around here, cos we aint got our postal vote form yet.... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont think that they are being sent till weekend......i have'nt got one

WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE THAT WONT RUN AT FED EVENTS BECAUSE THEY WONT USE BOARDS NOW IT THE SAME THING :( I WILL USE A BOARD AT THE FED CHAMPS ONLY THIS YEAR BECAUSE I WANT TO WIN WITH OUT BEING DISADVANTAGED THAT IS WHY WE HAVE NO CHOICE IF THERE NOT BANNED ACROSS THE BOARD. THE THING IS WE ALL LOVE THE SPORT AND THE OTHER PEOPLE SO THIS NEEDS TO BE ACROSS THE BOARD. SO WE CAN HAVE A GOOD LAUGH TOGETHER AGIAN AND **** UP. :b

last few weeks i have ran with and without a ramp and to be honest the times are slower but my dogs have'nt been confused (maybe cos they are already thick).

well mark you must be one of only a small number who are not using one when you can but the choice should be given to us all letts just hope the vote lays it to rest once and for all but i will stick to my guns and not race at the bwra this year if the ban stays

if kickboards are banned id be quite pleased as i always forget mine lol

After reading all the arguments on the subject of kickboards this is typical

of whippet racing over the last few years all racing seems to be is bickering

amongst yourselves.Racing dogs can be a serious buisness but it should also be a fun day or morning out doing what you first started this great sport for [racing dogs] On the subject of kickboards they should have never

been allowed in the first place then all this bad feeling would never had happened,less fuss would have been made at the time.Of course when peoplefirst started using them and there dogs were finding 2 or 3 yards out of the boxes on the ones that didn't everyone had to use them to try to keep on a level playing field, thats when it becomes a waste of time because the fast trapping dogs were still the fastest.I don't think these were ever introduced to reduce injuries it was all about trapping faster but all of a sudden it seems it's about injuries.Vets are contradicting each other so whose right,well maybe its time to give it a go and then make up your mind after a twelve month period,but people don't like change.Perhaps someone could look into the amount of injuries caused from the traps in greyhound and pedigree racing,but dogs seem to get more injuries now than before as the hardness appears to have gone out of them.Apart from the injury side of the debate how silly do you look walking around with a box made of wood that would build half a shed[especially at bend meetings] you now need a van just to carry them never mind the dogs and all the gear.The problem has been made worse by the nwrf decision to allow kickboards this has caused an inpossible situation between the two bodies and forcing some people to choose between the two, theres not enough dogs to go round and this needs to be sorted out now.If the vote goes with keeping the ban then the majority who are usually members of both associations want the ban so therfore the nwrf should also ban them as well. If the choice is left to the owners discrection there are some who would still use them even if it's proven the boards could cause injury,they would take the risk just to get that edge on the one's that don't so therefore the decision needs to be across the board if they are to be banned.None of these associations can afford to loose members they need to pull in the same direction if they want to go forward instead of pulling in diffrent directions.More people need to be attracted to keep the sport going,so how does it look with all this arguing, people bad mouthing and treatening people,the sports dieing and people are trying to kill it even more.I haven't wrote this to offend anyone it's just my observations.Let's hope this is sorted out once and for all and people can get back to doing what they enjoy RACING.

Smurf

I agree with what you say smurf!

Last edited by a moderator:
kick boards help aLL DOGS TRAP FASTER , BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN SAFER OR BETTER . iT MEANS SLOWER RACING WITH ALL THE MEASING ABOUT AT THE TRAPS, NO BETTER OR WORSE FOR INJURIES, SO WHY BOTHER.

WELL SAID SMURF, i ONLY HOPEW THE fED THINKS THE SAME , BUT AS USUALL WHY DO i FEEL THEY WONT.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back