The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Kipper

Scraggle

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just some puppy spam

Kipper is 16 weeks old today, towers over the terriers and I think we're finally getting somewhere with the puppy biting (with the help of lots of rabbit ears!)

He was on kibble but made the mistake of giving him a chicken wing to try and now he won't touch biscuits at all

A couple of weeks ago I was feeling we were getting nowhere and this week I just adore him and am so proud of how he's doing and I'm sure the balance will continue to swing both ways.

I'm conscious of not over exercising but he spends a fair amount of time hanging out on picnic benches or outside play areas with the kids so not constant running around. We even had a night camping with sheep in the field, other dogs, people etc walking past and he just chilled out on his mat.
IMG_20220902_191150.jpg

IMG_20220826_120901.jpg
IMG_20220828_130140.jpg

IMG_20220827_130342.jpg

Aww, he's getting hairy :emoji_blue_heart: How tall is he now?

Hard to measure without him eating the tape measure but about 17 or 18inch to the shoulder I think. Was 5.7kg at 10 weeks and 8kg at 13.5 weeks

Ah, you're OK - at 13 weeks Jasper was 19.5" tts, so Kipper should end up less than his adult height of 30".

He is so gorgeous! Well done for giving him a well-rounded puppyhood.

Puppy had a couple of days in the Lake District at the weekend learning lots about water, and cows, and cafes. (and that not all sofas are also dog beds since we stay with my nan in the Lakes and she doesn't like the dogs on the sofa so I spend most of the time sat on the floor ). He ran straight into the Lake then realised it got deeper and ran straight out again ‍♀️

The kids half term this week so we went for a blast on the beach this afternoon.
IMG_20221022_113513.jpg

IMG_20221023_135321.jpg
IMG_20221025_145518_1.jpg
IMG_20221025_150323.jpg

My word - he is everything gorgeous that lurchers can be. And that's really gorgeous!

We got super lucky. Weren't even specifically after a lurcher just asked the rescue to let us know anything kid friendly/dog friendly, not a herding breed and vaguely dog shaped (ie no brachy breeds). Didn't actually think anything would come up but they offered us first refusal when he came in.

Such good fortune doesn’t come everyday. Wow! Good for you. He’s turning into an absolute charmer.

He is super cute, but have to say I'm drawn to your terriers, what fab faces they have, really love the pics!:D

No chance of losing the kids when the puppy is about. I probably need to work on it a bit as he really doesn't like them going out of sight on a walk but at least I'll always know where they are

IMG_20230122_110126.jpg
IMG_20230121_133509.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230122_110126.jpg
    IMG_20230122_110126.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 70
Ah, this lad pulls on my heartstrings:emoji_blue_heart: Jasper was the same - I thought we could play hide and seek on walks with one of us going off to hide and the other one then saying 'Find Mum/Dad!' But he got really upset when we split up so that was the end of that idea.

Ah, this lad pulls on my heartstrings:emoji_blue_heart: Jasper was the same - I thought we could play hide and seek on walks with one of us going off to hide and the other one then saying 'Find Mum/Dad!' But he got really upset when we split up so that was the end of that idea.
He's funny because in the house the kids are too much for him really, he will keep out of the way if they're too loud, but outside he follows them everywhere or runs between us and hates if he's on lead and can't reach them.

Screenshot_20230425_194602.jpg

At the scrawny neglected looking stage and we've well and truly hit adolescence so the big wide world is far more interesting than me at the moment meaning more boring lead walks (especially as I really don't want him to discover hares exist and they're everywhere at the moment!)

IMG_20230414_135522_1.jpg

11 months old

He is utterly beautiful. "Fills the eye" as them wot knows sez.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back