The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Laguna Whippets

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
moriarte said:
9.jpg
Draperslock leapalong, owned by Lilah, another Link grandaughter (sorry, can't work out what sort of cousin she is to phoebe and millie :wacko: ). Link's progeny seem quite variable in type - some are quite powerful and stocky; others taller and leggier like Gelert  :blink: I think they are all on the keen and 'characterful' :- " side though

Laguna_lizas_linkandfloyde.jpg

linkandgelert.jpg

my two are very different builds,millie is the stocky one and can turn direction when running with ease,also very laid back in nature.and phoebe is very tall and leggy,she is faster on the straight runs ,also she is very entertaining and is always talking to us when she as a toy sticking out of her mouth. we call her the hyperactive one:lol: .

Last edited by a moderator:
100_1071.jpg

100_1075.jpg

:oops: :oops:

moriarte said:
trish and graham said:
their mother is ebony pearl,and grandmother is midnight dill.
Their grandfather is Barbara's Bean then? (Fleetway Ebony Edition)

Three generations

8.jpg

Our Dandy is mostly Laguna.He is black [with a little white] and greying round the muzzle, and eyes, despite being only four.

And we were running with Barbara`s dogs last night!

Last tim we saw Lila it was at a Hillsprint.

Gavin

gavintasker said:
moriarte said:
trish and graham said:
Their grandfather is Barbara's Bean then? (Fleetway Ebony Edition)

Three generations

8.jpg

Our Dandy is mostly Laguna.He is black [with a little white] and greying round the muzzle, and eyes, despite being only four.

And we were running with Barbara`s dogs last night!

Last tim we saw Lila it was at a Hillsprint.

Gavin

Here he is with Magic [bred by Julia Cloke] at Nympsfield.

gavin

View attachment 34996

trish and graham said:
A few more relatives for you:

oakdream_knightstar.jpg

Great grandma (Gelert's mother Oakdream Knightstar). She is nearly 15 now. :wub:

Aunty Ellie (who looks very like her Grandfather LInk) :wub:

Ellie.jpg

Re. Laguna pups; I talked to Lilah today; no pups expected until next year, probably in early summer. :(

moriarte said:
trish and graham said:
A few more relatives for you:

oakdream_knightstar.jpg

Great grandma (Gelert's mother Oakdream Knightstar). She is nearly 15 now. :wub:

Aunty Ellie (who looks very like her Grandfather LInk) :wub:

Ellie.jpg

Re. Laguna pups; I talked to Lilah today; no pups expected until next year, probably in early summer. :(

lovely to see their relations,where considering another whippet around april time next year and it will be from the same mum as my two.

OEH said:
Kim- while they quite a bit of Laguna in them, they not are 'Laguna whippets' because they do not have the Laguna affix, and probably not quite enough Laguna blood
i know the pics were put up a year ago what is the black dog with the broken coat please

Laguna blood is behind most current working/racing and show pedigrees, as it would appear to produce stamina as well as speed and looks. Both my racing champion Graceful Chimes, and her sister, Chimes at Midnight ,( a half coat), who have a strong Laguna pedigree can win over the usual racing distances and are unbeaten in the Wickwar Hill Sprint. Their grandmother, W.C.R.Ch Magic Trick was one of the few show bred racing champions. She had four lines to Laguna Lagonier. and stunning looks to match.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back