Lamping Trials

Status
Not open for further replies.

mally

Mallyfieldwhippets.com
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm thinking of running a lamping competition the details are as follows.

It will be for 8 dogs

All heats to be run near Doncaster S/Yorks

An independant judge will judge each heat

All heats will run for 2 hours and be alternate runs

Entry will be £15.00 per dog ( this is a one off fee for the compitition not per night lamping) and the overall winner will recieve £80.00 plus a trophy the other £40.00 going to the Tilly Fund

Any KC registered whippet can enter

All dogs running in this event must be stock broken if any dog chases sheep during there heat that dog will be disqualified immediately

I'm hoping the first heat can be run in the second week of January

Please pm Mally if your interested or email me real.whippet@virgin.net

I can accomodate if your traveling a distance

Last edited by a moderator:
Grand idea..........

you wil have poaches all over it the following week.

my bitch wants starting on the lamp(12 mths old 3rd jan), if i can get her a few catches before i may have a go

mally said:
It will be for 8 dogs

Entry will be £15.00 per dog and the overall winner will recieve £80.00 plus a trophy the other £40.00 going to the Tilly Fund

All dogs running in this event must be stock broken if any dog chases sheep during there heat that dog will be disqualified immediately

Please pm me if your interested or email me  real.whippet@virgin.net

is it just for whippets mally?

Towzer said:
mally said:
It will be for 8 dogs

Entry will be £15.00 per dog and the overall winner will recieve £80.00 plus a trophy the other £40.00 going to the Tilly Fund

Please pm me if your interested or email me  real.whippet@virgin.net

is it just for whippets mally?

Yes mate just kc registered whippets

although your more than welcome to a nights lamping with me and Vixen anytime :thumbsup:

Bedlam said:
Grand idea..........you wil have poaches all over it the following week.

my bitch wants starting on the lamp(12 mths old 3rd jan), if i can get her a few catches before i may have a go

They can try mate lol. The land is well keepered and i have to ring when i arrive and when i leave

Forgot to add. it's perfect running ground for whippets, smallish fields and light sand land

good luck to everyone who enters...sounds great :thumbsup:

loved to enter, but never been lamping ....

and dont forget the pics :p :thumbsup:

This should be a great opportunity for working Whippets to show their worth ! I've worked my lurcher bitch with Mally's Vixen, and she is top class !! It's great to see a KC whippet doing what it was bred for !

mallys006-1.jpg

Cheers.

I think we'll be ok for permission, although it would be nice to run the final on new ground.

The only reason i've put this event on is there is another event being organised on another forum but unfortunately there finding it hard to get enough entries, thats why i've limited it to 8 + 1 reserve. it looks like we'll get the numbers

Entrants so far

sparky with cleo

sparky with archie

Mally with vixen

Masta with Bella

Masta with Chilli

Reserve John with Cassie

Only 3 spaces left please be quick to avoid disapointment we will be taking one reserve dog. Entrance fee taken on the night your first heats run to make things easier

Where possible the heats will be run on a Friday or Saturday night..

The winner of the lamping stake will recieve a velvet presentation Jacket.

Each nights lamping will consist of each pair having 2 hours lamping with the winner being the dog that catch's the most in that 2 hours, dog will run alternatly and will have the same number of runs

anyone wishing to enter please PM Mally

UPDATE FROM MALLY

Due to the lack of interest the lamping trials have been cancelled, it just goes to show that many talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

Those people that did enter will be invited for an evenings lamping with me (and vixen) in the next couple of months...

It's a real shame really as Sparky was with me last night lamping and remarked on how good the ground was for running whippets on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back