The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Latest Owl Photo

~elizabeth~

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hope, you are not all fed up of seeing them :b , I've only just got back and seen the photos. One flew down really close to James a night or two back and he got a really good, close shot. :thumbsup:

owl10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
moriarte said:
Hope, you are not all fed up of seeing them  :b , I've only just got back and seen the photos. One flew down really close to James a night or two back and he got a really good, close shot.  :thumbsup:
owl10.jpg

That is such an amazing and beautiful photo. :thumbsup:

Brilliant photo. :wub: :wub: I never get fed up seeing such amazing pics. :thumbsup:

moriarte said:
Hope, you are not all fed up of seeing them  :b , I've only just got back and seen the photos. One flew down really close to James a night or two back and he got a really good, close shot.  :thumbsup:
owl10.jpg

Not fed up here, lovely shot, and well done James

:cheers:

keith

That is a fab photo :thumbsup: I love owls and birds of prey.

Well done on the photo :) Springwatch later :thumbsup:

It's so difficult to catch birds of prey in their natural habitat. Well done and lovely photo :thumbsup:

That really is a great photo :D ..... Owls are such magnificent birds ....Love 'em :*

[SIZE=21pt]Wow[/SIZE] (w00t) Absolutely fantastic ......bored never....keep them coming :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I have really loved seeing these owl photos - you must live in a much more exiting part of Oxfordshire as you see so much more wildlife than we do (although we did see two muntjac in the nature reserve yesterday) :thumbsup:

Bit of fuss last night when Mrs Owl (or maybe Mr Owl) arrived with a delicious looking dead mouse.

Only one of them got to eat it:

owl11.jpg

owl12.jpg

The other two just looked on grumpily

owl13.jpg

Zephyr said:
you must live in a much more exiting part of Oxfordshire as you see so much more wildlife than we do
Although we live actually on the edge of the city, we are in the middle of a complex of ancient water meadows and other fragments of land that are no good for agriculture, all pretty wild and inaccessible and mostly completely unmanaged. We have no intensive agriculture nearby either. There is far greater quantity and variety of wildlife here than in the very rural bit of Oxfordshire where I grew up.

That's interesting.

Agriculture has such a detrimental affect on wildflife at times. It was interesting watching Spring Watch the other evening. They interviewed a farm manager of an organic farm in Devon. They are so careful in how they manage their farm. They don't use nitrates which leach into the rivers. They don't allow their cattle to drink from the river and churn up the river banks. They don't plough meadows next to rivers so soil isn't washed into the rivers. As a result an abundance of wildlife has returned to their meadows and rivers and flourished.

Wish all farms could be so caring. Trouble is we all expect our produce to be dirt cheap, sold through supermarkets, so I can't see any solution really...except grow our own veg! :D Can you tell I hate supermarkets :- "

Hope you dont mind me posting these in you're thread,but ive just taken these pic's today,and thought they might be of interest to you allALANNAH__S_VIDEO__S_010__2_.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back