The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Leave Me Alone!!!

beaubeau

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
This weekend we drove up from Norfolk to Cumbria to collect a companion for our Meg.

We loved the look and sound of him over the internet and decided to take him on.

He's been brought up and worked with travellers but after being run over and puncturing his lung, he is no longer required.

He was fine with Meg when they met in the woods but when we put them in the camper to return home, he decided to try his luck with my Meg and hasn't stopped!!!

Jasper is a 6yr 0ld an un-neutered Longdog with a lovely nature but his persistent attempts at mounting Meg is now waring thin.

I have to keep them separated when I'm not in the same room as Meg is getting miffed with the rough coated lad!

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. A day at the vets for him, is now inevitable.

Some pics of The new lad and My sweet little harassed Meg!!

A wonderful setting to walk the dogs

Cumbria.jpg

P5111040.jpg

P5111054.jpg

Then we got home!!

P5131119.jpg

P5131120.jpg

Leave me alone

P5131116.jpg

Picked the kids up from school and went for a run.

dognkidsrun1.jpg

P5131140.jpg

But still trying his luck

P5131149.jpg

P5131148.jpg

Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
He is such a handsome fella :wub: - you can't blame him for trying his luck with such a gorgeous girl, but hopefully she will continue to tell him off in no uncertain terms and eventually he will get the message. :- " Hope he settles in well :luck: :thumbsup:

:wub: hes gorguse im shure meg will soon put him in his place :huggles:

Meg doesnt look impressed on some of the pictures, but im sure

she will soon settle with him :)

I like the head shot of him he has a lovely face.

Will you continue to foster now, Tracey.

Is Meg in season?if not I'd be more inclined to think he's trying to be dominant rather than sexual (w00t) especially looking at the pictures where he is stood over her on the sofa quite a dominant stance by the looks of it :unsure:

I'm no expert but on rare occasions if one of mine is trying their luck with Sienna they stand like that she soon puts them in their place :* they also do it with dogs they are not sure of acting brave :thumbsup:

Meg seems to be telling him off but if it were me I would step in and let him know its not on :thumbsup:

Hopefully it will settle down he's probably excited at being in a lovely new home :huggles:

Good Luck :luck: :luck:

I think he is lovely :wub: , his colouring is great.

Hope it all goes well with him.

beaubeau said:
P5131136.jpg

Meg now getting really fed up !!

Megreallypissed.jpg

Top woman for taking this dog on :cheers: , and i hope things improve for you cos meg does look harassed, i suppose other than the vets, all you can do is like Lesley suggests and just step in with a firm hand, anyway good luck

keith :cheers:

Awh, they are both gorgeous :wub: hopefully it works out ok for them :thumbsup:

Personally I'd get him 'done' asap. Although it may be more of a play behaviour than a sexual one, it is much easier to sort out once the testosterone is out of the way (been through this with new rescue dogs in the home more than once). It will take a while after neutering for things to settle down.

Apart from harassing Meg, if he's that keen he's going to be off like a shot every time there's a bitch in season anywhere in the area. (w00t)

He is very gorgeous :wub:

I'd get him done asap too but you could try using a water pistol to deter him when he makes unwelcome advances whether dominating or sexual :)

He's a lovely boy and Meg is beautiful including her sharp white teeth! :D

You could ask your vet to give him an injection of Tardak, which will temporarily inhibit his testosterone urges until he can be castrated! :luck: :thumbsup:

Edited to say that apparently it's quite expensive to have Tardak now, so if you are going to have him castrated anyway, you might just as well get on and sort it.

Well, after his antics on the trampoline today he has been booked in for Thursday.

Poor Meg....I thinks it's definitely sexual rather that dominance don't you?

P5141164.jpg

P5141178.jpg

Off with them!! :blink: That's no way to treat a lady :b

Though I know the purists will disagree, I think castration can work wonders for a dominant male dog & will be an answer to your problems especially if Meg is unneuterd herself. Though its true most bitches will put an unwanted dog firmly in its place, Ive found that some are just too polite or subdominant to want to fight another dog off. You wouldnt want to have her unnerved by his presence and at 6 years old his behaviour isnt about to change. As someone already said, he could also prove to be a problem with other peoples bitches as well.

boothros said:
Though I know the purists will disagree, I think castration can work wonders for a dominant male dog & will be an answer to your problems especially if Meg is unneuterd herself. Though its true most bitches will put an unwanted dog firmly in its place, Ive found that some are just too polite or subdominant to want to fight another dog off. You wouldnt want to have her unnerved by his presence and at 6 years old his behaviour isnt about to change. As someone already said, he could also prove to be a problem with other peoples bitches as well.
Thanx :)

getting him done will work. As you will remember Woody was humping my dogs and the new owners had him done and he is no problem at all now

good luck with him

If it's a sexual thing then castration should help. If it's a dominance thing it may not. Even some bitches will try to "hump" to prove dominance over other dogs.

My JRT was neutered at 6mths by his previous owner and he still trys to hump my whippet x. I discourage and distract him from this behaviour.

They are new to each other and with all the excitement of a new play mate plus sorting out pack order, hopefully you will find that, once neutered, and given time to settle it will all calm down.

:luck:

Thanks very much for all your replies and advice.

Jaspa was neutered last Thursday and has become a much better mannered dog.

He has stopped pestering Meg and everyone is Chilled.

Have posted pics in dog discussion....

Tracey X

Sorry you are having some trouble, Im sorry I dont have any advice. But can I say I really did enjoy your pictures, your dogs are lovely :wub: :wub: and the scenery is stunning on the first picture. :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back