The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Life In The Fast Lane

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
So sorry to hear what has happen, thinking of you all :huggles: well done Diane for getting everyone to safety :thumbsup:

Hope your all ok this evening :thumbsup:

So glad to hear that you are all ok you must have got the fright of your lives as for the lorry driver :rant: :rant: :rant: we see the things that they get upto all to often when towing caravan from Scotland.

Hope to see you all again soon ............Love Mandy and Derek.............xx

P.S. Josh that was lovely

naylorwhippets said:
Hi, This is Diane and Dave's son Josh.

Massive shock today with what happend with my mum and dad, have made my mum promise she will not tow again and just use the tent :D .

I am so pleased that they are both ok and think she is one brave and fantastic mum for how she managed to keep the car in control and save my dad and dogs lives. :sweating:   Today had made me realise how not to take everything for granted. Dont know what i would of done if my mum and dad had not of come home safely today. once again i am so proud of her, for what she has done.  :wub:

Josh, that's a lovely post, and has brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad everyone is OK - obviously the dogs must have been in the car with you. I know some people do travel with dogs in the caravan, as it isn't against the law - but goodness knows what would have happened to them had they been in the caravan - it doesn't bear thinking about.

Hope you're all cuddled up together, and feeling better this evening :huggles: You just come and bring your tent in future - just knock on the doors of the caravans and ask for a cuppa :thumbsup: Will look forward to seeing you all at the Champs :thumbsup:

How absolutely dreadful for you all..I simply cannot imagine how terrified you must have been. I hate traveling on the motorway at the best of times and the M5 at this time of year is such an ordeal. I am so glad you are all OK, look after Mum Josh, she will probably need loads of hugs over the next few days, it will take a while for the shock to penetrate.. :( Bring your tent to the champs guys and we will be jolly glad to see you there :huggles:

So, so pleased you are all OK, I've gone all cold.........

naylorwhippets said:

Massive shock today with what happend with my mum and dad, have made my mum promise she will not tow again and just use the tent :D .

I am so pleased that they are both ok and think she is one brave and fantastic mum for how she managed to keep the car in control and save my dad and dogs lives. :sweating:   Today had made me realise how not to take everything for granted. Dont know what i would of done if my mum and dad had not of come home safely today. once again i am so proud of her, for what she has done.  :wub:

Well said Josh. Take care of them and give them a hug from me. When i read this post when i got in it really upset me. What you said did make me cry. Your Mother did a brilliant job and she should be given an extra hug just for that. Just think Dave tents are much more romantic than caravans and any naughty noises can be put down to blowing up the airbed :D Well done Diane I'll give you a hug on Sunday.

naylorwhippets said:

here here josh o:) what a mum you have there :thumbsup:

Just spoken to Diane after reading this in shock... What an awful thing to happen to you both and the poor dogs - and so frightening that you were only traveling at 59mph for this to happen! So so relieved that you are all fine - though shaken up :huggles: Take care Diane & Dave & Josh... Love Naomi & Rob xxx

What an awful shock for you. :unsure: So very glad to hear that you are all O.K. :huggles:

Really glad everyones ok :huggles: i have only ever seen a caravan jack knife once it was in front of us and really shocked us, so how it must be to be involved in it is unbelievable, get the tent back out Diane much safer. :cheers:

I was so shoked to read this :( thank god you are all ok, :huggles: what a terrible thing to happen I can only imagine how shaken you must have been :( . I always hate taking the caravan on the M5 its an awful motorway so many wagons.

Well done for your quick thinking Diane :thumbsup:

OMG how awful for you. I'm so glad to hear you are all OK though, it could have been so much worse. At least its only the caravan that's hurt but I can imagine how it would put you off towing again. Hope you are all recovered from the shock now.

thankyou to everyone who as posted on here and phoned us over the last 24 hours it is nice to know how all the people we race with where concerned about us and our dogs. :thumbsup: the dogs look none the worst for there ordeal and are up and about as usual , diane is still very shaken and upset, and i keep reliving the damm accident in my head. the people who picked up our caravan charged us 200 quid we found out this morning it would have cost us nothing if our insurance people had given us the correct info over the phone,also the police wanted the caravan of the motorway as soon as possible and rang the firm who charged us. if our insurance had picked it up they would have had to take both us and the caravan home, they have said this morning they would recover the caravan and bring it home for us so we can salvage all our stuff from it . still dosent give us our 200 pounds back though. :rant: well the main thing is no one got hurt and we are all still standing and ready for more days in the fast lane with wilfy and the rest of the gang. see you all soon dave :cheers:

081-1.gif

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back