The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Litter Announcement!

belge

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Four days early, we welcome our first whippet litter in 7 years. Mother, Sweep (Calahorra Petticoat Lane (imp Aust)) is resating after producing 2 boys and 2 girls. They can be seen at http://www.gowythbelge.com/future%20litter.htm

This is a unique litter being sired by my dog Broom (Barmaud's Mr Rumpole (imp UK)) to his daughter Sweep. Sweep's dam is Aust Ch Calahorra Neva Ask How, a daughter of UK & Aust Ch Nevedith Veefa Vanity at Roguesmoor. The litter has top UK lines from Hillsdown, Pencloe, and Dumbriton.

Gillian :cheers:

day_1_group.jpg

:cheers: Congratulations! :cheers:

Lovely babies :)

Lovely puppies... :wub: Congratulations... :cheers:

Huge congratulations on your gorgeous litter :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: oh more puppies,how lovely. :wub: :thumbsup:

They are lovely puppies :wub: :wub: :wub:

Why put father to daughter though :unsure: is that what they call line breeding? I don't like the idea of that :x sorry just my oppinion.

SOOOOOOooooooooOOOO Beautiful :)) :)) :))

All the best with the little ones :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

*Lesley* said:
They are lovely puppies :wub:   :wub:   :wub:
Why put father to daughter though :unsure: is that what they call line breeding? I don't like the idea of that :x   sorry just my oppinion.

Im with you here Lesley

Doesnt sit quite right with me either

Beautiful puppies :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Congratulations for the safe delivery get some rest before the fun begins!!! :thumbsup:

*Lesley* said:
Why put father to daughter though :unsure: is that what they call line breeding? I don't like the idea of that :x   sorry just my oppinion.
While I would have preferred to have done a grandfather/granddaughter mating (proven to be a successful combination time after time), being in New Zealand and therefore isolated from the tremendous choice breeders have in other countries, especially Britain, there wasn't much choice for me. The dogs being shown here don't interest me type-wise and pedigree-wise.

Broom, IMO, is an outstanding example of the breed and his daughter, Sweep is also beautiful.

Broom.jpg

belge said:
*Lesley* said:
While I would have preferred to have done a grandfather/granddaughter mating (proven to be a successful combination time after time), being in New Zealand and therefore isolated from the tremendous choice breeders have in other countries, especially Britain, there wasn't much choice for me. The dogs being shown here don't interest me type-wise and pedigree-wise.

Broom, IMO, is an outstanding example of the breed and his daughter, Sweep is also beautiful.

Broom IS stunning!

Close breeding like this is something we don't really need to consider in Britain as there is so much choice of studs for different lines - we're lucky.

Don't get me wrong I am certainly not saying anything wrong about your dogs I agree they are beautiful, I personally am just not comfortable with such close breeding thats all, its just my oppinion and like meddling says we don't really need to :thumbsup:

In the numerically smaller breeds here, mother to son, father to daughter & even brother to sister are often bred & have produced some really outstanding results. :)

In-breeding, if done correctly & depending on whats behind the lines can work wonderfully & many of the older Breeders in certain breeds used in-breeding to establish their lines & stamp their type. :thumbsup:

In one of the breeds i own, one of the top dogs of our breed was the product of a brother to sister mating & one of my own Champions was a mother to son mating.

To many of the older breeders this was what clever typey breeding was all about. ;)

I wish you much luck with Sweep & Brooms litter i am sure they have produced some beautiful pups :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
nina said:
In the numerically smaller breeds here,  mother to son, father to daughter & even brother to sister are often bred & have produced some really outstanding results.  :)
I agree Nina but they combination must be researched and that no common faults are doubled up with. The inbreeding co-efficient is 40% so it is not as a horrendous combination as most would think. While the breeding is father/daughter, the dogs behind are from the same lines but not necessarily the same individuals.

My isnt he handsome :wub:

Good luck with the pups , :wub:

now what sort of names will they have , as their mum and dad are Broom and Sweep :wacko: ?

Brushetta ?

Shovellia ?

Cleena ? :oops:

Mucky pup :lol: ?

Rubbishia o:)

What a very handsome boy Broom is :thumbsup: I wish you all the very best with the lovely litter ;)

I really like Broom..he is certainly a very nice dog :wub: if the puppies turn out half as good as their parents I would be extremely chuffed! :D :wub:

All the best of luck with them for the future. :thumbsup: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back