The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Little Rosie Is Very Ill

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just logged one, so sorry your Rosie is in the vets, it is the best place. I don't know which vet you use. There is one who is up to speed on things like this, immune mediated problems in the Oakhampton area. A friend of mine had the same problem with one of her bitches, I'll find out tomorrow who she uses.

Thinking of you and Rosie.

XXX

:( sorry to hear this jane :( thinking of you and rosie :luck: :huggles: im at end of phone if ya need me :luck:

Hope she is better tomorrow , she is in the right place .

I know my daughter has seen quite a few whippets with steroid responsive meningitis . She would expect the blood results to be normal .

In all the cases she has seen the whippets made a full recovery .

Last edited by a moderator:
Just logged one, so sorry your Rosie is in the vets, it is the best place. I don't know which vet you use. There is one who is up to speed on things like this, immune mediated problems in the Oakhampton area. A friend of mine had the same problem with one of her bitches, I'll find out tomorrow who she uses. 

Thinking of you and Rosie.

XXX
Thank you Anne, that would be really useful. She is with an Okehampton vet pratice but there are two in the area so it may be the other one :unsure:

:( sorry to hear this jane :( thinking of you and rosie :luck: :huggles: im at end of phone if ya need me :luck:
Thanks, Nicky hun. It's really hard but because of you and Tia it has made it easier for all of us who have come up against this awful illness. Your support has been a Godsend xx

Hope she is better tomorrow , she is in the right place .I know my daughter has seen quite a few whippets with steroid responsive meningitis . She would expect the blood results to be normal .

In all the cases she has seen the whippets made a full recovery .
Thanks you Alison :) I am hoping to be able to talk with my vet tomorrow morning and find out exactly why she feels that Rosie's "pattern" doesn't indicate meningitis. Not sure if she's going on bloods or if some other symptom isn't showing up :unsure: Whichever way, all the research I have done today suggests that not all symptoms are always present so on those grounds I would favour treating for SRM rather than waiting for it to, potentially, become worse :(

I guess it all depends on whether the IV antibiotics work or not.

I get the feeling that the diagnosis is based on the fact that other things have been ruled out .

Oh Jane ... I'm so sorry to be reading this ... hugest hugs to Rosie and to you :huggles: Logging on after being at my Dad's all day this was the last thing I expected to see :( I spent enough time with the lovely Rosie last Sunday to know what a star she is :wub: The boys send one of their favourite girls the gentlest of healing licks. Every good wish for her speedy recovery :luck:

Annie

:eek: oh no, i've been away all day and only just come in and seen this :( i hope the vet finds a deffinitive answer quickly and Rosie is back up and rarring around very soon, keep us posted :luck: :luck: :luck:

if you need to sound off anytime day or night i'm just t'other end of the phone,

everything crossed here with extra squeezes from me and Owen xxx

:huggles: gentle hugs for Rosie when you see her and lots of luck :luck: :luck: for a speedy recovery.

Very sorry to hear Rosie is poorly :( Sending love and best wishes for a speedy recovery :luck:

Hope Rosie has a good night Jane she is in the best place Sending you positive thoughts and hugs to you all :huggles: :huggles:

POOR BABYX it took three weeks for the vet to transfer casanova to the aht and they diagnosed meningitas and polyarthiritus please insist on being transfered as most normal vets havent a clue, btw he responded straight awayy to steriods and after lowering the dose very slowly is now of them completely good luck and hugs all round

So sorry to hear that Rosie is so poorly. :( Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery. :luck: :luck:

Sending best wishes to You and Rosie xxx

We are praying for good news for you this morning Jane. :huggles:

Oh Jane, I'm so sorry, Ive only just caught up with this post, poor Rosie. So hope you have better news today, but if not please consider what Serena said carefully, this would not be the first time that I've heard of vets holding off the steroids until they think they are sure, when the animal could have been treated that much more quickly. Sure you have considerd that yourself though, sending you all the luck & love in the world and gentle hugs to lovely Rosie, God don't it just kill you when they are ill!!

Poor Rosie :(

fingers are crossed for you to get some good news jane :huggles:

xxx

I hope everything turns out well for you and your Rosie.

Paula sends her love too.

Karen

only just seen this sending hug and kisses and all the luck in the world :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

The vet has just phoned to say that I can come and pick Rosie up.

Her temperature has stayed down and she is much brighter so the next stage is to see if the improvement is maintained when she is back home.

Thank you for all the good wishes :D It has kept me going to know that so many people are there :thumbsup:

I will start a new thread to keep everyone updated on her progress :D

Thats great news jane......hope she continues to get better......xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back