The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Live Hare Coursing

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Right - removed all the rubbish - can you stay on topic and stop the daft childishness - I need to go to bed, and can't stay up all night looking at this thread. Second thoughts I'll close it, and open it up tomorrow when you've had a chance to sleep on it :thumbsup:

I've opened this topic again for those of you who want to talk about hare coursing. If there are any further disruptive posts, the posters will have posting rights removed.

I do however think you are going over old ground - but if that's what floats your boat, so be it. Maybe best to wait and see what happens when Gordon Brown is no more - and if live coursing is made legal again - then ask who will be going :thumbsup:

maggiemay2 said:
Pennymeadow Whippets said:
Sarah i would also love to see Maggie behind a strong winter Hare :thumbsup:

i think you might mean lola jeff, dog second from the left on my signature (aka Winterfell Tinkerbelle)

..... the first dog in my signature, maggie (aka Eugenie/Winterfell Princess) would probably run away, she likes the plastic bags and will yap after them all day! hehehe...... thinking bout it she might have a go but dont think whe would have the speed.

now my youngest and biggest Lily....... i think she would give it her all and more, she is pretty cunning. :ph34r: :shifty:

i would also like to see winterfell tinkerbelle running the ultimare quarry i do beleive she would excel at the job,and take some beating.i must apoligise as i didnt realise there was a ban :- " all the best for the rest of the season.darren

thanks Darren for your complimentary comments on Lola. :D

I hope her pups will be just as determined and accurate as her (if and when she ever comes in season!!)

maggiemay2 said:
thanks Darren for your complimentary comments on Lola.  :D
I hope her pups will be just as determined and accurate as her (if and when she ever comes in season!!)

Oooh have you decided on a sire?

TCx

You should all know my thoughts on this subject by now, there is no greater sight in nature than a running dog pursuing a hare , we are temporarily stopped from doing this by a bunch of bigots, but our day will come once more. Plans are afoot already .........

In the meantime

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0653_11111.jpg

IMG_0654111.jpg

Rabbiting is a fair substitute :D :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
nigelmcfc said:
You should all know my thoughts on this subject by now, there is no greater sight in nature than a running dog pursuing a hare , we are temporarily stopped from doing this by a bunch of bigots, but our day will come once more. Plans are afoot already .........
Nigel is your pm box full ?

rustic said:
nigelmcfc said:
Nigel is your pm box full ?

Yep, just emptying it now :thumbsup:

i`d definitely go again,ive seen some brilliant dogs ran ragged by fit winter hares :blink: ive stood on the bank at altcar 3 times freezing my nuts off watching the best coursing dogs in the world turned inside out by the ultimate adversory and id gladly do it again tomorrow if i could :thumbsup:

Right with the future of Mr Brown & Co in doubt we might well see a new government that might repealed the Hunting act so lets see who on the forum would course the ultimate quarry for any running dog The Brown Hare if this were to happen.
I would without doubt course. :thumbsup:

Yes would definately. Used to enjoy the early morning greeted by a shot of Rum :nuke: then miles of walking in countryside :wub:

:wacko: Back to first post why is the futre of Mike Brown in doubt, :blink: Has he packed in working. :wacko: :wacko: How does Hare Coursing being brought back affect him differently to anyone else or put him in doubt. :wacko:

springfield said:
Right with the future of Mr Brown & Co in doubt we might well see a new government that might repealed the Hunting act so lets see who on the forum would course the ultimate quarry for any running dog The Brown Hare if this were to happen.

Yes would definately. Used to enjoy the early morning greeted by a shot of Rum :nuke: then miles of walking in countryside :wub:

:wacko: Back to first post why is the futre of Mike Brown in doubt, :blink: Has he packed in working. :wacko: :wacko: How does Hare Coursing being brought back affect him differently to anyone else or put him in doubt. :wacko:

I think you'll find Jeff means Gordon Brown :thumbsup:

Its great to see so many people would still like to course the ultimate quarry for any running dog The Brown Hare:thumbsup:

maggiemay2 said:
TC said:
maggiemay2 said:

TCx

i have one or two in mind.... :thumbsup:

did you look into the dog i was talking about,all the best with who you decide on useing.darren

:D :D :D :D :oops:

rabbit runner said:
maggiemay2 said:
TC said:
maggiemay2 said:

TCx

did you look into the dog i was talking about,all the best with who you decide on useing.darren

yeh i had a look at him and sure enough he is a good looking dog with some good results but i think he may be a tad to big. With lola being just short of 20" i been looking at smaller dogs.

I also like the look of Cupids Arrow but, from what I am told, his stud fee is pretty expensive.

TC said:
maggiemay2 said:
TC said:
maggiemay2 said:

TCx

Good luck :luck: I expect there will be a lot of demand for the puppies :thumbsup:

TCx

i'd like to think so TC but who knows. I for one will be keeping one, and if noone else is interested then I will just have to keep them all !!! (psssssssst..... dont tell Bob!)

maggiemay2 said:
rabbit runner said:
maggiemay2 said:
TC said:
maggiemay2 said:

TCx

yeh i had a look at him and sure enough he is a good looking dog with some good results but i think he may be a tad to big. With lola being just short of 20" i been looking at smaller dogs.

I also like the look of Cupids Arrow but, from what I am told, his stud fee is pretty expensive.

cupids arrow is around 20 in and runs in 30-32lb class so i think he would be to big

Mark Roberts said:
springfield said:

My apoligies for misreading

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back