The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Liverpool University.??

Janimal

Addicted
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, does anyone on K9, or have any friends that go to Liverpool University.

My daughter has put John Moore Liverpool, as her first choice and is in the middle of deciding on her accommodation there. The city is a bit daunting to her as we live in a very rural area.. :blink: I know its a big decision for her.. :huggles: she has already visited the Uni with her dad, but she had a few tears last night as everything seems to be happening so quickly...

She will be doing Travel and Tourism.

Any help or advice appreciated..thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im affraid I don't know of anyone at that University most people I know stayed in Scotland. Just wanted to say good luck to her, ive just finished my 4 year course and even though I stayed at home it was still so scary the thought of going somewhere new, but im sure she will have a great time. I know of someone who done a travel course but at college and really enjoyed it.

Don't know the area I'm afraid but would like to wish your daughter loads of luck :luck: :luck: :luck: It will be a big adventure - scary but worth it I'm sure. Has she had a look at the halls of residence? Might be an idea to start of there until she's met some folk from her course, made friends and then a few might like to club together to rent somewhere. :D

Hi Liverpool is a great place for students :thumbsup:

I went to Liverpool Uni in the early 90's and had a ball of a time, did Hispanic studies. It's changed a fair bit for the better since then tho :- "

I did as Jill suggests, first year in halls (which I hated) and then I rented flats or houses with the friends I made in the halls and from my course. Halls are now much improved and posher, all ensuite etc, I think some are even like shared apartment type things these days. They give you a wider friend base as you get to know people other than those on your course.

Given the chance I would go all over again, it was a brill time and I made lifelong friends. It's and opportunity of a lifetime for her :luck: :luck:

Thanks for the replies...Louise has had a look at some of the accomodation and yes most have en-suite bathrooms now... :thumbsup:she says they were really nice. I couldnt go that day as I was working, she has had to make the definite decision this weekend...because a deposit goes down on the rooms and a binding agreement for a year...so hope shes made the right decision. :thumbsup: :sweating:

She is looking forward to it, but like everything else its strange I suppose until youve made some friends and tested the nightlife... :lol:

:luck: :luck: :luck: and lots of it to her in her new life - exciting how the world opens up for them isn't it? :luck: :luck:

Janis, some of the res's are in the city centre but some are in some really nice parts of Liverpool eg; Mossley Hill etc.

It'll be a massive difference to the rural life she's known, but Liverpool is a great place with a lot going for it , especially for young students, the people are extremely friendly and the 'typical scouser' portrayed on TV is very much in the minority.

pm me and I'll give you my home address and tel no: incase she needs someone quick and when you visit her you're very welcome to come and stay with us.

:luck: :luck: to her for her Uni life :D

My cousin went to Liverpool Uni Janis, he went on his own didn't know a soul was a bit nervous taking the big step ....... but after a few months he loved it and has gone on to make a great career for himself :thumbsup:

I'm sure Louise will settle in very soon ..... tell her we wish her the very best and we are all rooting for her :thumbsup: :luck: :luck:

BTW Tara is staying close to home so bang goes my extra wardrobe space :- " :lol:

Julie D said:
Janis, some of the res's are in the city centre but some are in some really nice parts of Liverpool eg; Mossley Hill etc.

It'll be a massive difference to the rural life she's known, but Liverpool is a great place with a lot going for it , especially for young students, the people are extremely friendly and the 'typical scouser' portrayed on TV is very much in the minority.

pm me and I'll give you my home address and tel no: incase she needs someone quick and when you visit her you're very welcome to come and stay with us.

:luck: :luck: to her for her Uni life :D

[/quote

That is really kind Julie...I will pm you and when I visit Ill give you a call... :thumbsup: it will be lovely to know there is someone close at hand...

jue332 said:
My cousin went to Liverpool Uni Janis, he went on his own didn't know a soul was a bit nervous taking the big step ....... but after a few months he loved it and has gone on to make a great career for himself :thumbsup:

I'm sure Louise will settle in very soon ..... tell her we wish her the very best and we are all rooting for her :thumbsup: :luck: :luck:

BTW Tara is staying close to home so bang goes my extra wardrobe space :- " :lol:

and very reassuring to hear about your cousin Julie too...Im sure she will love it too when she gets there...she makes friends so easy...but I can see why at first she is a bit worried... :sweating:

sorry about the wardrobe space... :lol:

Hiya Janis, got quite a few friends living in Liverpool or at Liverpool Uni so give me a shout if she wants a night out. I'm sure she'll make tons of friends there and there's lots to see and do. :thumbsup: For the worrying Mum, I have to say Liverpool folk are decent friendly folk and nights out around there are generally safe for a city.

My daughter Tanya is thinking of going to John Moore Liverpool Uni next year she is going to the opening day on 2 July. I have a nephew who has already done a year at it and said its the best decision he has ever made, he loves it and the night life is great. I was told the halls is the best place to stay for the first year even though its a bit more expensive, but it might not suit everyone. I'm sure your daughter will enjoy it, good luck to her :thumbsup:

Deirdre :)

Hi There

Looks like your Daughter has made the right choice,coming to Liverpool. There is lots of student accom all over the city but id recomend places alnog the Smithdown Road area,Mossley Hill and Wavertree.There are also places in the city centre.Saying this i havent got a clue how much rent is.When you come over next time try ang go into the Student bars and go to Lark Lane by Sefton Park,here you will find endless anmmounts of people asking for people to share accom and offering rooms in Student Houses.

Student Night Life here is brilliant so make sure your Daughter works hard over the Summer in order to enjoy freshers week and student life afterwards.

:luck:

Hi,

My sister has just finished her first year at Bath Spa uni and she doesnt want to come home!!

She loves it, at first she was unsure but quickly made loads of friends cos they are all in the same situation.

I stayed in halls for my first year and so did my sister - definately best choice. She will have loads of fun, I'm sure! And Liverpool sounds like a great place to live!

:luck:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back