The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Living Heritage & Lurcherworld??????

Pastiche

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Over the past few weeks a few friends have been talking about organising a local Lurcher Show/ Racing Event. Having not experienced the organisation side we were looking for people to talk too.

Trawled all the forums for different people to get in touch with; and last night somebody said not to get in touch with Jeff from Lurcherworld as Living Heritage and Lurcherworld were parting company!

I find it hard to believe as I thought last season went well. The 4 that I visited anyway.

Somebody mentioned some underhand shenanigans trying to discredit Lurcherworld and other organisors. That seems, to me, to be the Lurcher showing/ racing enviroment on the whole anyway. You just have to read the posts on here. And yes I'm as big a culprit as any and I'm quite happy to admit it, although, I would hope, not quite as scathing as some.

The big question is?

Can anybody confirm the Living Heritage/ Lurcherworld future (Jeff????).

News to me. Was at the final show and nothing was mentioned???????

As far as I know nothing has been said and we seam to have a very good team at the mo all the rommers are a load of sh## and yes Ive had a drink (w00t)

Over the past few weeks a few friends have been talking about organising a local Lurcher Show/ Racing Event. Having not experienced the organisation side we were looking for people to talk too.Trawled all the forums for different people to get in touch with; and last night somebody said not to get in touch with Jeff from Lurcherworld as Living Heritage and Lurcherworld were parting company!

I find it hard to believe as I thought last season went well. The 4 that I visited anyway.

Somebody mentioned some underhand shenanigans trying to discredit Lurcherworld and other organisors. That seems, to me, to be the Lurcher showing/ racing enviroment on the whole anyway. You just have to read the posts on here. And yes I'm as big a culprit as any and I'm quite happy to admit it, although, I would hope, not quite as scathing as some.

The big question is?

Don't know where this information is coming from but LurcherWorld are definately doing Living Heritage shows next year. Jeff :thumbsup:

Any chance of a qualifier down our way Cornwall before the finals this year, :b i was disappointed to find the only show that was close to us wasn't a qualifier for next year, and that the finals had already took place. :eek: doesn't seem fare to me. :( but hopefully next year we will be able to make one of the lurcher world shows earlier in the year this time. :thumbsup: glade to hear you still in the game Jeff. ;) di

well thats great news now i know what shows not to go to if its being run by CHEATERWORLD :rant: :rant: :rant: as the way it was run this year was an utter shamballs ,running greyhounds and unders together my little ruff coat didnt stand a chance . Aint it ment to be for lurchers as the name says LURCHERWORLD not GREYHOUNDWORLD :rant: :rant: I also heard along the grape vine that chris hardy and steve hurst went for it next year its a shame they didnt get it as it would of been a good turn out then .With the old team back. :p

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ samantha//////////////////////////

Any chance of a qualifier down our way Cornwall before the finals this year, :b i was disappointed to find the only show that was close to us wasn't a qualifier for next year, and that the finals had already took place. :eek: doesn't seem fare to me. :( but hopefully next year we will be able to make one of the lurcher world shows earlier in the year this time. :thumbsup: glade to hear you still in the game Jeff. ;) di
here here di think our september one should qualify for the next year if the finals have already been run :- :-

Over the past few weeks a few friends have been talking about organising a local Lurcher Show/ Racing Event. Having not experienced the organisation side we were looking for people to talk too.Trawled all the forums for different people to get in touch with; and last night somebody said not to get in touch with Jeff from Lurcherworld as Living Heritage and Lurcherworld were parting company!

The big question is?

Don't know where this information is coming from but LurcherWorld are definately doing Living Heritage shows next year. Jeff :thumbsup:
Good to hear Jeff.

As you can see from "electrolurcher's" post, ignoring the obvious disconntent, the grapevine has been saying otherwise?

See you next season. :thumbsup:

well thats great news now i know what shows not to go to if its being run by CHEATERWORLD :rant: :rant: :rant: as the way it was run this year was an utter shamballs ,running greyhounds and unders together my little ruff coat didnt stand a chance . Aint it ment to be for lurchers as the name says LURCHERWORLD not GREYHOUNDWORLD :rant: :rant: I also heard along the grape vine that chris hardy and steve hurst went for it next year its a shame they didnt get it as it would of been a good turn out then .With the old team back. :p
The 1000 guineas is an open race so OPEN to any dog if you dont want to race with GH then try the the 100 yard dash which is run with unders and overs in mind.these races are also timed and very popular.

all ours had ago in the guineas this year and did well with 2 of them qualifying to the finals.Not that they won the best dog on the day did which WAS a lurcher.

if you need anymore info then please ask in a polite manner as MANNERS dont cost a thing and I can say with hand on hart theres know cheating going on in LURCHER WORLD if there was my family wouldnot be involved.

nice first post have you just come on to have a go at lurcherworld i go to a lot of gamefairs and lurcherworld have got a good team

roger

can anyone help please,my lurchers are now a year old and 9 months old,i would like to enter shows with both of mine i havent raced them but would love to but dont know how to get started on the lure.I would be very grateful if someone could help me,i live in Bolton,manchester.West Houghton used to train dogs on the lure but ive no idea if they still do it or where to start.Any advice would be great.thanks

can anyone help please,my lurchers are now a year old and 9 months old,i would like to enter shows with both of mine i havent raced them but would love to but dont know how to get started on the lure.I would be very grateful if someone could help me,i live in Bolton,manchester.West Houghton used to train dogs on the lure but ive no idea if they still do it or where to start.Any advice would be great.thanks
some of the whippet club have trials for lurchers

roger

some of the whippet club have trials for lurchers

roger
all non/ped whippet clubs have trials and schooling

VERY WELL SAID ELECTROLURCHER, as for some of the others they must be totally deluded.

Hya nighthawk I think ?? at wasthaughton if you tell them that you dog is new to this they will help you out with starting at hand slipping and working farward that way.

there is a lady on whippet racing bit that runns the whippet Lurcher racing sorry forgot the name but you could have a look and PM her the lurcher racing is everyother week but Ive got confused which week were on lol :blink:

ment to say Lurcher world will help with getting your dog on the lure as well just to get them interested :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
VERY WELL SAID ELECTROLURCHER, as for some of the others they must be totally deluded.

OOOOO LOOK another one that has joined today to have a dig mmmm wounder who that is!!!!!!!

I attend as many of these events as I can and my Littl'Un who is an under 23" qualified for 1000 guineas against bigger dogs but unfortunately was lame so couldnt run in the final :( . The team and majority of those attending and partaking are very pleasant and genuine people :thumbsup: or like others I wouldnt bother. Tho if I do have a gripe it is that there is no sim anymore :- ;)

And I dont think a greyhound made it thru to the semi's and it was an all lurcher final with the runner up a Rescue.... I think those who are griping are most probably exceptionally sore losers!!! :p

Tina

well well me and my mate not got a good dog then

roger

:teehee: a Lurcher came 1st at sanderingham finals a bloody good dog .As for the dog that came 2nd THE RESCUE was a GREYHOUND an exracer not a RESCUE just retired as i know this dog and she is only 3yrs old.So fairplay to the lurcher that beat it.

:thumbsup: Bert :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back