The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lly Has Crossed The Rainbow Bridge

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
How wonderful for Lily to have found you and Bea to love her so much, she must have been very very happy with you both.

Rest in peace Lily, run free.

:( Oh Janet, Im so sorry to hear about Lily... :( Run free dear girl...

but Im so glad she ended her days with you...it couldnt have been a better life with you... :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

thinking of you all especially Bea :huggles:

rainbow_bridge.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember Lily's story too, and always enjoyed hearing about your 'oldies'. Sad to be reading about Lily, but she lived to a good old age, and had the best in her last few years.....

Farewell Lily...... :( :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
pollyanna said:
In November  of 2006, on a cold winters night, I collected Lily from the Whippet rescue.  She was so painfully thin, as her previous owner had died and his wife (of 2 weeks) didn't like dogs and tried to starve her.  Fortunately a good housekeeper managed to persuade her to hand Lily to whippet rescue. She was described as the whippet nearest to death JWR in this area ever handed over.
As we are only allowed 2 dogs each where we live (and I have 2 whippets), my dear friend Bea, who lives next door, adopted her and from day one she thrived and put on weight. She also proved she had been once loved as she adopted Bea's bed from night one!!  :clown:

Bea became the love of her life, for cuddles and loving - and I was her slave . The one to be dotted on the knee when she wanted feeding, her bed remade,and her blankie over her, food, or to go outside (always at a crucial point in a TV programme) :angry:

We both loved our dear old girl - aged 15 plus when she died- to bits and were completely under her tiny paws.

She had to have a hysterectomy in January this year, for a pyometra, and we found out she had early kidney failure. This deteriorated over the last month and during the last week she stopped eating and drinking (we gave her fluids from a syringe) and went off her legs.  We were going to let nature take its course, but over the weekend, she became distressed and had some obvious abdominal pain, so this morning we rang the vet, (we spoke to her at other stages as well in the last month) and she came at lunch time to set her free.Tonight we are so sad and Lily is once more running free with her old owner and whippety friends.

Here are a couple of pictures of her soon after adoption. :wub:

Run free baby.

lily3weekson.jpg

lilyinhercoat-1weekon.jpg

RIP little one

So sad, my thoughts are with you :(

[SIZE=14pt]RIP dear little Lily[/SIZE]

very sad to hear about Lily, I remember you taking her in in Nov 2006.

I am so glad she was so loved and cosseted at the end of her life. Bless you, and Bea, for taking her and giving her a loving home.

how sad, you made her last years so nice, something to be proud of, goodbye Lily :huggles:

Oh, lovely little Lily, I remember her story so well :huggles:

I had tears in my eyes when she came into your life, and I've got tears again now she's left it :( You did a wonderful thing when you took her in :)

RIP pretty Lily

So sorry to read about Lily

Run free little girl

im sorry to hear of your sad loss, try to take comfort that thanks to you and ur friend she had a happy and full last few years in a place where she was loved.

love always emma and dana

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back