The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Looking For A Dog

Cathrine

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I live in County Durham with my partner. We are looking for a dog, and would like to rehome one. We live in the countryside, and will be able to bring the dog with us to work. We are both experienced with dogs, and I love whippets since my family always had them when I grew up in Norway.

Can anybody help?

:))

Welcome to K9 cathrine :cheers: good luck in your search :luck: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to K9 Cathrine :thumbsup:

Can I ask how far are you willing to travel in your search ? :)

Hi Catherine, theres a thread on here for two ex racing 8 year old boys have you thought about them. Good luck in your search.

Paula Roberts said:
Hi Catherine, theres a thread on here for two ex racing 8 year old boys have you thought about them. Good luck in your search.
There is also a fabulous 2 year old whippet looking for a home near to where you live......

CLICK ME

Welcome to K9 Catherine, good luck with your search for a dog, it looks as though you have a few options already!! Look forward to seeing your new dog on K9 soon.

Millie said:
Welcome to K9 Cathrine  :thumbsup:

Hello!

I would not mind to travel a bit. The thing is I have only every second sat. afternoon and sunday off because of my job... I am working in horseracing. So I would have to try to either fit it around that, or search for a dog in my home district ;.)

Have you got anything in mind?

C

Paula Roberts said:
Have had a look, but think I will need to time to convince my other half that we need two dogs... I personally would not mind to have a whole collection!

:b

Joanna said:
Paula Roberts said:
There is also a fabulous 2 year old whippet looking for a home near to where you live......

CLICK ME

I have already PM'ed back on that one as I thought it sounded perfect for us. For some reason I had an idea it was in the South?? Was I wrong?

Cathrine said:
Joanna said:
Paula Roberts said:

CLICK ME

I have already PM'ed back on that one as I thought it sounded perfect for us. For some reason I had an idea it was in the South?? Was I wrong?

apparantly its not far from me, and im not far from you, so check it out again Catherine.

Cathrine said:
Millie said:

Hello!

I would not mind to travel a bit. The thing is I have only every second sat. afternoon and sunday off because of my job... I am working in horseracing. So I would have to try to either fit it around that, or search for a dog in my home district ;.)

C

Hi Cathrine,

I have a 7mths male but I am right down south, so a bit far for you I think. Good luck in your search. :luck:

Millie said:
Cathrine said:
Millie said:

Hello!

C

Hi Cathrine,

I have a 7mths male but I am right down south, so a bit far for you I think. Good luck in your search. :luck:

Ohhh!

He is gorgeous! Have I seen his picture somewhere else in here?

Hi Catherine - Welcome to K9 Im from County Durham too. God luck with your search for a whippet. :thumbsup:

Cathrine said:
Millie said:
Cathrine said:
Millie said:

Hello!

C

Hi Cathrine,

Ohhh!

He is gorgeous! Have I seen his picture somewhere else in here?

Yes he's been on here a few times ;)

Here are a few more photos of Dylan just for you Jon ........ I will PM you :thumbsup:

He is so cute, I love the colour as well!

Our last whippets in the family was Inca (white/bluebrindle spots) Bianca (white) and Bluey (bluebrindle). I wish I had some digital pics to post, but everything is paper photos (in Norway...)

Cathrine

Hi Cathrine

There are two fawn girls aged 11 and 14 who are currently being fostered in Dunbar, their previous owners died, and the poor things seem to have been moved around quite a lot. They really really need a permanent home together.

If you could help please phone Jean on 01368 862759. They have been on this site previously (Nov)at a lurcher refuge in Cumbria, with a photo, and they look so sweet. Whippet Rescue claims to have homes waiting but it seems that no one is keen to take on two oldies. Only 2 hours from Durham, and we would bring them down if necessary.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back