The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lots Of Love Ready For Pup Xx

tracy

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hello again - i placed a note on the chat site and have now been advised to place one here aswell. Basically we are a happy couple who would love to be owned by a whippet! I said on the other message that we would prefer a blue girl but i have been busy looking at the fantastic pictures on this site and have now also fallen completely in love with the fawn babies. Can someone let me know if they are more difficult to find - or even better does someone know of a litter due at any time?

we are in Kent but are more than happy to travel for the right little girl.

We need to find her soon because i have already started shopping and have a shortlist of names!!

thanks in advance

tracyxx

Hi Tracy

Welcome to K9

In answer to yout question, my fawn bitch is due to whelp on Tuesday :wub: . Her husband is a black dog, Little Friend of Martinsell and the expected litter could blue, black or fawn. They are breed primarily for temperament, but should be of fair type as well. Obviously I don't know what sex or how many yet.

I live in West Sussex. If interested please P.M me for further details.

Good luck in your search.

Debbie

Hi Tracy, where abouts in Kent are you? I'm near Maidstone.

Riley

Hi Tracy, welcome to K9

Hope you have luck in owning the best breed anyone could want.

heres a pic just to keep your fawn addiction going :D

brandy.jpg

Debbie Reed said:
Hi TracyWelcome to K9

In answer to yout question, my fawn bitch is due to whelp on Tuesday  :wub: . Her husband is a black dog, Little Friend of Martinsell and the expected litter could blue, black or fawn. They are breed primarily for temperament, but should be of fair type as well. Obviously I don't know what sex or how many yet.

I live in West Sussex. If interested please P.M me for further details.

Good luck in your search.

Debbie

good luck Debbie :luck: :luck: more puppies piccys i hope :thumbsup: hope everything goes well for her :thumbsup:

Little freind of Martinsell is that from joanna's or her sister's dog?

Hi, Tracy,

You could try phoning my friend here on the I. O. W. She might still have a fawn girl available from her recent litter - Tel. number is 01983 565021. Good luck

Little Friend (George) is Martinsell Slivovitz (black) x Nimrodel Hosanna (black).

Good Luck Tracy with your search :luck: :thumbsup: Hope you put photos on when you evetually get a Whippy. :thumbsup:

moriarte said:
There's a tiny 8mth Moonlake girl needing a good home at:
http://www.champdogs.co.uk/breeder/98.html

Elizabeth

the notice says Flurry is "8 months, a whisker under 18.5 inches" and she doesn't "the size to make a show dog"

At 8 months Flurry probably is nearly her adult height and she sounds to me like she's about the right size. I hope they don't want a bitch to be much larger than that.

thankyou all so much - we have been given so much advice and really great info on pups available - it feels as if it will not be long now!!

And of course i will put on pics - i will probably drive you all mad as i am sure we will be such proud parents!!!

tracyx

daledogs said:
Janimal said:
moriarte said:
There's a tiny 8mth Moonlake girl needing a good home at:
http://www.champdogs.co.uk/breeder/98.html

Elizabeth

Awww isnt she a little beauty :wub: - come on K9'ers someone have her. :thumbsup:

i agree :wub: :wub: its no good i'm gonna have to buy something alot bigger ;) ;) one day my numbers will come up :- " :- " :) :)

Ooo I know Daledogs wouldnt it be nice - a few acres - loads of whippets - and me with my horses - Im off dreaming again. :blink: :b :wacko: :unsure: :))

Alba said:
the notice says Flurry is "8 months, a whisker under 18.5 inches" and she doesn't "the size to make a show dog"
At 8 months Flurry probably is nearly her adult height and she sounds to me like she's about the right size. I hope they don't want a bitch to be much larger than that.

I agree, doesn't the uk standard say the ideal size for a bitch is 44-47 cms (17-18½ ins).

so anyone who has a bitch 17-19 inches, dog 18-20 inches who is good quality but they think is too small to show, I might adopt her/him!

... they also say Flurry doesn't have the substance to make a brood bitch so perhaps they think she is too light and slender rather than not tall enough?

Macha said:
I agree, doesn't the uk standard say the ideal size for a bitch is 44-47 cms (17-18½ ins).
so anyone who has a bitch 17-19 inches, dog 18-20 inches who is good quality but they think is too small to show, I might adopt her/him!

... they also say Flurry doesn't have the substance to make a brood bitch so perhaps they think she is too light and slender rather than not tall enough?

I know someone with a stunning golden-fawn, full Nimrodel bitch who is just under 18". Apparently Mary Lowe thought she would have been champion material if only she hadn't been so small.

I like the look of Moonlake dogs, but this one does look rather slight of bone and I would like a dog that could run freely and do lure coursing with our rather more robust Laguna dog. Am I being paranoid?

I can't figure out how to quote! Help!!

I live in Charing - quite near both Maidstone and Hawkhurst! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see the boys looking so well Dave :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back