The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lucky Escape!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Bless little Archie .......He's made of stern stuff .........Hope he's feeling better after his day out :*

Zephyr said:
OMG Joanna, just caught up with this - Archie is one lucky dog!!  Lots of  :huggles:   :huggles:   :huggles: to him and hope he feels much better soon. :huggles:
I remember years ago a Great Dane falling out of a first floor window (w00t)   - his owners lived above their shop, and he jumped onto the sofa, which flipped over backwards and shot hm  out of the window straight onto the pavement in front of the shop! :sweating:   :eek:   :sweating:   :oops:

Fortunately he didn't land on anyone as at 10 stone he would probably have killed them, and although he had a ruptured diaphragm and a tear in his liver, he did go on to make a full recovery! :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

OMG...Completely PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joanna said:
Archie seems OK today, I think he is sore as Fynn jumped up at him and he yelped. I have given him Rymadyl (sp)?, and hopefully this will take the edge off of his bruising. We are off to Frampton Show, and he will hopefully be OK for his little showing class. If not, the car is going to be by the ring, and he can lie on the duvet in the back and be fussed by other K9'ers. Fynn's nose injury is looking better today too. Yes, windows and kids...............Kid told to shut doors upstairs, kid didn't follow instructions, whippet out of window....Lesson learnt all round :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the well wishes and I hope my experience will prevent it happening to any of your lot :D

PS. Auntie Rae is lending us Leia's Bioflow collar for the week :thumbsup: Cheers mate :cheers:

Hi Joanna, glad to hear Archie is ok if but a bit sore and stiff, but did i miss a post ? what happened to your little Fynn nose ????

Julie

Little Fynn tried to nick Archie's pig's ear on Saturday and Archie beat him up...It is a nasty deep score. We are renaming Archie WELLARD

Well a week on, and I am pleased to say Archie is off pain-killers and back to tearing around. He is most certainly fit for lure-coursing Sunday, so see you all there!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :p

we got home yesterday to find the neighbourhood kids had put our dogs back in the garden....

I can understand Basil leaping out as he can get out of a stable from a standing start and clear a cattle grid without a run up no problems...

YEP a full width cattlegrid ker-ping !!!!!!!!!!!!

but Rosie is a little hoofer and our fence isnt perticularly low in act its quite high ....

I knw its not a fall but its amazing the things they do when they think nobody is looking :eek:

love to archie hope hes better soon

IMAG0032.jpg

the fence they leapt over.. look at height in relation to 6 ft shed

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seen the picture of where he fell from, he is so lucky! (w00t) :eek:

He is also sooo beautiful :* :huggles: :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back