The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lurcherworld Finals

flash1993

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello every1 its me again asking for help :b sorry ...

Next month at Sandringham the Lurcherworld final will be taking place , me being only 16 is having a little trouble getting to them .. i have asked a few mates in the doggie world if i could travel with them and they all explain how it was not possible 4 me to go them (fair enough u guys :thumbs up: )

So what I'm asking is can any1 help me in getting to the finals ???? it would be great to get there i know flash tried his utmost to get to them in his only little way ..

If anyone could help me it would be very very appreciated .....

Thanks all and those who did try to help me out :thumbsup:

ATB Josh :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Shame they're not holding the finals at a more central location :( :blink:

Is the train a possibility, Josh? You can take a rucksack and Flash and get a ride to Sandringham from the nearest station :unsure:

Shame they're not holding the finals at a more central location :( :blink:
Is the train a possibility, Josh? You can take a rucksack and Flash and get a ride to Sandringham from the nearest station :unsure:
I thought of that Jane to be honest but .. its alot of time 4 flash on the train (when ive taken him on it for 3.30 hours that seemed enough 4 the poor lad ! plus its over 2days i think (dont hold me 2 that ) but straights r the main thing 4 flash not the TIMED dash ..

Josh :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It is a pain living at the a##e -end of the country!!

11th and 12th !! hoep your keeping well joe havent heard from u ina while ;)

yeah im all good mate, i might be going to the show this weekend,so catch up down there, :)

yeah im all good mate, i might be going to the show this weekend,so catch up down there, :)

Joe can u repeat that please i didnt catch taht (w00t)

Yea catch u then :thumbsup: u :thumbsup: bringing buddy ??? should be a good crack down there

Always next year i guess ;) Well lets hope so 2 chances .......... Flash and the Mighty 1 :thumbsup:

Might be going myself next year Josh, :thumbsup: seems like the only place Leia will be aloud to race against other non peds as a lurcher, seeings she not welcome to race the whippet/greys down here at the local shows,. :( so if i qualify, i will be going :lol: di

Might be going myself next year Josh, :thumbsup: seems like the only place Leia will be aloud to race against other non peds as a lurcher, seeings she not welcome to race the whippet/greys down here at the local shows,. :( so if i qualify, i will be going :lol: di

race where you like di she is a cross breed so you cant be penalised for her breeding :thumbsup:

at the end of the day they are only mongrels and it supposed to be a bit fun :thumbsup:

race where you like di she is a cross breed so you cant be penalised for her breeding :thumbsup:

at the end of the day they are only mongrels and it supposed to be a bit fun :thumbsup:
I know that Debs and people have been racing registered non peds down here for years, ;) the lurcher owners argument is, if they came to a non ped meeting they wouldn't be aloud to race there dogs, so why should i be aloud to race Leia at lurcher shows, :wacko: it doesn't matter to me, i know what she can do, ;) and thats all that matters. :thumbsup: di

I know that Debs and people have been racing registered non peds down here for years, ;) the lurcher owners argument is, if they came to a non ped meeting they wouldn't be aloud to race there dogs, so why should i be aloud to race Leia at lurcher shows, :wacko: it doesn't matter to me, i know what she can do, ;) and thats all that matters. :thumbsup: di

I can see both sides because I have lurchers (as opposed to long dogs) but I really love to watch Leia, Chopper and dogs like them race, so I've suggested in the past that it would be a good idea to have two divisions for racing ......... one for the long dogs and one for lurchers?? There's no doubt that the long dogs have an advantage over the common or garden lurcher, even if it is only by a short distance.

That way nobody can complain because they'll be racing against their own kind :thumbsup:

I think there's enough of each type of dog in the south west to make it worthwhile because I suspect that more lurcher folk would run if they thought their dog was in with a chance?

It's a difficult one isn't it? I'll always run my lurkers against non-peds because they only have 1/8th of utility breeding in them, but it might just give them the edge on stamina one day :thumbsup: :lol:

The only problem if it was categorised as long dogs my deerhound/greyhound (big hairy thing) would be in with the whippet/greys as they are also longdogs, :thumbsup: could be academic with him as he just sits on the start line & refuses to chase a plastic bag as it hasn't got legs :lol:

They used to split straight racing into rough & smooth coats at Chatsworth maybe thats an idea. :))

Personally I don't mind running my 2 hairy boys against any lurchers/longdogs, who knows......every dog has it's day :lol:

Like you said Di - if us lurchers were to turn up at a non ped track to race againts registered non peds we wouldnt be allowed to run.....So i think you either need to be a registered non ped racer and do that or a lurcher racer..... not do both ;) But that is just my opinion which you already know :teehee: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I dont see why the shows cant do a seperate race for you.....no different than fitting in terriers, whippets or family dogs :clown: :thumbsup:

Like you said Di - if us lurchers were to turn up at a non ped track to race againts registered non peds we wouldnt be allowed to run.....So i think you either need to be a registered non ped racer and do that or a lurcher racer..... not do both ;) But that is just my opinion which you already know :teehee: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I dont see why the shows cant do a seperate race for you.....no different than fitting in terriers, whippets or family dogs :clown: :thumbsup:

I see your point, but what about the ones that are not registered with any non-ped organisations, as you i have a pup which i would like to race in the summer,

where would she race, the outcome would be the same if she raced with lurchers, if she won that is, there are a few racing lurchers that have very little other breeds in them literally, you would have to go back quite a few generations to find it, how does that stand, this has been an ongoing thing for years, of which has caused lots of bad feelings, as mao has said every dog has its day, i see it as a day out meeting likewise people and enjoying it, and if you win something thats a bonus to the day, :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back