The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lurcherworld

mck

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Can anyone tell me if lurcherworld is still on in :( yorkshire(driffield)dont fancy driveing 7 hours if it is not going ahead,even if someone up that way can tell me what the weather is like thankyou :cheers:

mck said:
Can anyone tell me if lurcherworld is still on in  :( yorkshire(driffield)dont fancy driveing 7 hours if it is not going ahead,even if someone up that way can tell me what the weather is like thankyou :cheers:

Hiya,

Yes this show is still on. Unfortunately, the weather forecast for this weekend isn't that great.

Deb

do you know if it will go ahead no matter what? as were coming from cornwall! cheers :D

had trouble phoning! apparently the signals not good up there, if anyone gets in contact with someone before 8pm please pm if its not going ahead thanks :D

jml said:
had trouble phoning! apparently the signals not good up there, if anyone gets in contact with someone before 8pm please pm if its not going ahead thanks :D

im trying his moby here too and no luck from belfast. im off to Scotland now but if i manage to get thru before 8pm ill get somebody to post what he says :thumbsup:

We cannot get through to jeff either.Desperate to know,so that we can prepare.

Either way,gnna be a mud fest.

Amandax

:( I've been trying, but last year if i remember rightly, the reception up there was crap, and you could only get a signal if you left the field, i haven't heard that it's been cancelled from any body i know up that way, ( if that's any help to you all)

:thumbsup: Diane.

Dorne did e.mail me yesterday and said Geoff was down there so unless it's been cancelled between then and this coming Saturday i really wouldn't know. :teehee:

:) Well we are going to make a break for it now lets hope all is well up there good luck to everyone attending and see you there,cross fingers and toes its all still on :- "

mck said:
:) Well we are going to make a break for it now lets hope all is well up there good luck to everyone attending and see you there,cross fingers and toes its all still on :- "
(w00t) Don't know if you get this in time Russel but i have just spoken to Mike Long and he has.nt heard that it's been cancelled, so go for it mate, and good luck. :thumbsup: Diane.

just to let you know jeff rang back, and its still on just very bad signal up there. :cheers:

mck said:
Can anyone tell me if lurcherworld is still on in  :( yorkshire(driffield)dont fancy driveing 7 hours if it is not going ahead,even if someone up that way can tell me what the weather is like thankyou :cheers:
I have posted to say it is still on despite the rain, see The wolds (last post)

Dorne

We have just got back,and i really felt for Jeff and his crew.The entire showground was deep in mud,the track had been carefully prepared for racing,which went well.The turnout was poor,which i think,was made worse due to no mobile signals,so people could,nt check weather the show was still on.It was still a fun day,with Jeffs commentary,and i for one,would like to say thanks.We left the poor Lurcher world folk,soaked to the skin.I just hope its better for them tomorrow,and the weather improves.

Amandax

finleyfoofoo said:
We have just got back,and i really felt for Jeff and his crew.The entire showground was deep in mud,the track had been carefully prepared for racing,which went well.The turnout was poor,which i think,was made worse due to no mobile signals,so people could,nt check weather the show was still on.It was still a fun day,with Jeffs commentary,and i for one,would like to say thanks.We left the poor Lurcher world folk,soaked to the skin.I just hope its better for them tomorrow,and the weather improves.Amandax

hi amanda,hope you had a good day,not too wet.we`re hopefully going to sandringham next week(weather permitting)are you going to that one? :)

chill36 said:
finleyfoofoo said:
We have just got back,and i really felt for Jeff and his crew.The entire showground was deep in mud,the track had been carefully prepared for racing,which went well.The turnout was poor,which i think,was made worse due to no mobile signals,so people could,nt check weather the show was still on.It was still a fun day,with Jeffs commentary,and i for one,would like to say thanks.We left the poor Lurcher world folk,soaked to the skin.I just hope its better for them tomorrow,and the weather improves.Amandax

hi amanda,hope you had a good day,not too wet.we`re hopefully going to sandringham next week(weather permitting)are you going to that one? :)

Hi Chris and Julie,

I do,nt think we are going.But it the weather looks promising,then we will.I cannot stand another week standing in the bloody rain,dogs wet and muddy,and wellies knee high in mud.We did have a good day,but the weather spoilt it.The turn out was terrible,which was a shame for Lurcher world.I will miss all the new mates we have made this year,including you and Chris.Soon be March ;)

Amandaxx

(w00t) Any results from the racing please????? :thumbsup: Diane

gabbitas31 said:
(w00t) Any results from the racing please????? :thumbsup: Diane
:thumbsup: Jeff Storey from Hartlepool won the overs racing with Billy-Jo and i believe Vicy Grocock was second. :thumbsup:

hey di not sure of all results ash got knocked out in his heat but signal is non existent up there so we had a quick phonecall from a phone near by!!

if we here anymore will let you know :D

just to say also there was talks about a show of lurcherworlds not going ahead!! not sure which one it is, but if i hear anything for definate ill post it up. not sure if its weather permitting or something else :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back