• most weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

moggy

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I am setting up a lure coursing/racing club which will be held on some land near andover just off the A303 and very easy to find. It will be on most weekends and is open to any breed. Its just for fun at the moment and to keep your dog fit, there may be some competitions in the future. There will be a small charge of around £5 for your dog to take part for the day.

I would like to get an idea of interest so please let me know by taking part in the poll if you would like to take part.

Last edited by a moderator:
i live in Reading and would be very interested to come along :thumbsup: , we have 8 whippets and a lurcher so would there be a discount for bringing lots of dogs? :blink:

ive never been so id need looking after, (w00t)

Yes i will work out the prices and the fine details out properly nearer the time but there will be a discount for owners with lots of dogs. Don't worry if you've never done it before thats the idea i want lure coursing to be available to everyone and there dog.

good luck with this venture, we need more of this down south, only a few clubs going,

no point me polling as have no lurchers at the mo, but one for the future

sounds good..not too far for me..defo be interested :thumbsup:

I live about half an hour from Andover and already lure course regularly with the BSFA who meet monthly near Newbury but only March to October so would definitely be interested in coming along :)) . I just have the one whippet to run for now and one puppy who will be ready next year but may do some trialling this year.

count me in...i only have the one and also course at the BSFA and been to EAWCC a few times

I am setting up a lure coursing/racing club which will be held on some land near andover just off the A303 and very easy to find. It will be on most weekends and is open to any breed. Its just for fun at the moment and to keep your dog fit, there may be some competitions in the future. There will be a small charge of around £5 for your dog to take part for the day.
I would like to get an idea of interest so please let me know by taking part in the poll if you would like to take part.

Would definitely be interested. please let me know the details when confirmed.

Karen Thompson

Hi, there has been a few questions, so to give you an idea at the moment it will be a fun/training meet for any one to turn up and have a go. Each dog will have at least 2 or 3 runs and be slipped by its owner. I didn't want to get into complicated judging at the moment as it will be open to all breeds of dog including terriers ect (this means there may be different course distances) . So the dogs will be paired into type of breed or size and very simply the dog that gets to the lure first wins. Alot of people seem to be very competitive so not im sure if it will be right for everyone but it makes it very easy to follow and fun to watch.

If you watch this video it shows the sort of system that will be used.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hV5zVUuEMdk

sounds like a good idea at the mo, when you are established then you can go on to do competitions, as the judging isn't that complicated really, you could do straight racing as well, i wish you all the best and even though i haven't a running dog i will come down to spectate :thumbsup:

Looks great to me, I also run my dogs at the BSFA but am not that interested in the competition, I just like my dogs to have some fun as a change from showing.

very interested :luck: :luck: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We would be interested as long as it did not clash with BFSA. Love the idea of terrier lure coursing . Mine does it at BSFA at the end of the day. :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back