The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lure Coursing At Hereford

Mike from Hereford

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just PMed Mark, asking about the venue size require for a Lure Coursing event, if theres enough interest I,ll start begging for some permission off some land owners, Hereford is located 50 miles SW of Brum and 50 miles N of Brizzle.

So theres a "Q" if I can sort a venue out with parking etc, would you want to go ?,

Mike

it's a little too far for me but i'm sure my mate cassie will be interested. He bought a bitch pup from me and was hoping to try and race her. I'm sure you will get a good turn out there. As Mark and co are very friendly and will help anyone who attends.

In theory yes, it's a little bit far for us and the vet said ours would probably lose his form following his prostate treatment :(

Hi Mike,

I'd be interested although Skye is far too young yet. Believe i spoke to you at the Usk show this year,you had your two blue whippets with you at the show rings.Keep us up to date on a time and place for the coursing.

All the best Kevin.

Hi Mike.

Thanks for your PM, we'd be more than happy to sort a meeting out down your way (i've PM'd you the size of field ect)

Hope to hear from you soon.

There are a lot of show whippet people in that area who have been talking about how nice it would be to have lure coursing down there.

Sounds like a great idea to me. :thumbsup: We'll try to make it. If folks made it Worcester then they should be able to make it to Herefordshire.

Good luck with finding a venue.

Thanks for your PM, we'd be more than happy to sort a meeting out down your way (i've PM'd you the size of field ect)

Hi Mike, would you mind to PM me with the same details. We are still in our humble lure coursing beginnings here in Dubai- starving for any info and advice.

Many thanks!

We'd come along! Love to in fact. When are you thinking of holding the event?

:)

Mike's going to sort a venue out, Farmers field ect once thats sorted we can set a date ect.

Depends who was driving
ummm are you a nervous passenger Lesley lol

The phones been hot, I,m waiting for details from Hereford Racecourse, they have plenty of car parks and toilets etc, they seem to up for it, but a fee may be involved, just waiting for the phone call, the horse track is 1 1/2 miles long, so the dogs need to be fit !!! LOL

Asked the council and they were so negative it hurt !

Fingers crossed, I,ve yet to ask the farmers where I go hunting, its just the logistics side of things like toilets etc, and suitable terrain for K9ers cars.

Mike.

Nice 1 Mike,

it will be nice to finaly meet up, we often seem to be in the same places (waterloo cup, Midland Game fair ect) but never seem to connect?.

As for you Lesley, I explained why I nearly hit that van? fancy stopping at a jnc (idiot he was? :- " ) so come on has Uncle Fester bought a van yet.

Ok Lure Coursers 1 and all,

just talked with Mike from Hereford.

He's had a reply from The Race Course unfortunatly they are asking for £500 for the use of the venue for the day.

So the big question is 1st, do people think £500 is justifiable for the use of the ground. 2nd, how much would people be prepaired to pay to run their dogs.

as entry's must cover the cost of running the event?

Please give your thoughts ect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well plenty of people have been reading this topic but nobodys wrote a reply? come on Mikes gone to a lot of trouble to try and set this up, the least you can all do is let him know your thoughts on the above.

OK i'll start the ball rolling.

IMO £500 is a rediculess amount they have asked him to pay for the use of the ground, ok it's got toilets ect but i'm sure there would be a playing fields or simlar with toilets ect for a more realistic fee.

to cover just the hire of the venue he would need to get 50 dogs entered at £10 each or 100 dogs entered at £5 each.

Entrys would need to be pre paid so that mike wasnt left well out of pocket for his efforts.

SO COME ON GIVE MIKE YOUR VIEW (POSSITIVES & NEGATIVES)

failure to post your thoughts may result in the Blues Brothers being sent round to sort you out lol :thumbsup:

The Lure Coursing would be open to any sighthound breed(Whippet/lurchers/salukis/greyhounds ect) all running against their own breed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mike £500 is way to expensive what about some common land farm land or council football fields farmers are sometimes up for a backhander :luck:

Mark Roberts said:
IMO £500 is a rediculess amount they have asked him to pay for the use of the ground, ok it's got toilets ect but i'm sure there would be a playing fields or simlar with toilets ect for a more realistic fee[/color].
to cover just the hire of the venue he would need to get 50 dogs entered at £10 each or 100 dogs entered at £5 each.
Turnout at the BSFA has been between 30 and 50 dogs this year (all breeds).

Thanks Moriate,

So even if 50 turned out it would mean owners would need to chip in £10 per dog just for mike to break even on the use of the ground thats without trophies ect for the winners.

I agree Jeff, the best option would be a farmers field ect where a bottle of Scotch Whisky would do for payment (and a box of Chocolates for the farmers wife or flowers)

that way cost could be kept down to £5 a dog and nice trophies/rossetes sourced for the winners/runner ups.

everyones views welcomed on this

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back