The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lure Machines

nicky12

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
does anybody have a pic of a portable lure machine ,are they big and bulky ?,or are they small enough to carry about ?quiet interested in getting one of these to set up in a field near my house to see if my lot will chase ext ,thanks in advance :thumbsup:

we attached ours to a set of wheels nicky cause you need a car battery to power it too,we usually pull up in the car where we run them get it out and set it up,then while i hold the dogs graham operates the lure at the other end.

I thought you would have tried to make one Nicky :lol:

Hi Nicky, I've sent off for one from the USA, it sits inside a small suit case, battery included and its easy to carry around, I will post you a picture of it when it arrives :thumbsup: its very posh :D

milly said:
Hi Nicky, I've sent off for one from the USA, it sits inside a small suit case, battery  included and its easy to carry around, I will post you a picture of it when it arrives :thumbsup: its very posh :D
Oooh would be interested in seeing that :D

OH made this a few weeks ago Nicky. It's on wheels to make it easy to move around, but you can remove the handles to put the base easily in the car :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing your dogs behind the lure, I bet they love it!

TCx

Image00002.jpg

We know someone whose making them very lightweight, he brought one to puppy night on wednesday and Kieren could carry it up & down the field, and it worked like a dream, so much so that we"re buying one, :cheers:

yep I can vouch for the lures Rod makes.

he's made me a special 1 with a small battery built on for training rather than me having to pull my heavy one around.

TC said:
masta said:
milly said:
Hi Nicky, I've sent off for one from the USA, it sits inside a small suit case, battery  included and its easy to carry around, I will post you a picture of it when it arrives :thumbsup: its very posh :D
http://www.hasenzugmaschinen.de/englisch/bilder.shtml

:thumbsup:

Woah that is seriously cool (w00t)

TCx

But the price is very hot (w00t) 1180.00euros, mines the same as this one, except its not remote controlled and only cost a third of this one :)

milly said:
TC said:
masta said:
milly said:

TCx

But the price is very hot (w00t) 1180.00euros, mines the same as this one, except its not remote controlled and only cost a third of this one :)

PMSL (w00t)

Have you got any pics of yours, and where it came from?

Cheers

TCx

TC said:
milly said:
TC said:
masta said:
milly said:

TCx

PMSL (w00t)

Have you got any pics of yours, and where it came from?

Cheers

TCx

It arrived over here last Tuesday :thumbsup: but BIG brother is checking it out before they charge me inport duty on it. Will pm you the web site :thumbsup:

Mark Roberts said:
he's made me a special 1 with a small battery built on for training rather than me having to pull my heavy one around.

thanks for all the replie guys and gals ,but i think im guna give that chap a ring once iv saved enough ,thanks for the contact number mark :cheers:

TC said:
milly said:
Oooh would be interested in seeing that :D

OH made this a few weeks ago Nicky. It's on wheels to make it easy to move around, but you can remove the handles to put the base easily in the car :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing your dogs behind the lure, I bet they love it!

TCx

Image00002.jpg

You've got yourself a clever hubby there TC :thumbsup:

nicky12 said:
Mark Roberts said:

thanks for all the replie guys and gals ,but i think im guna give that chap a ring once iv saved enough ,thanks for the contact number mark :cheers:

i'm picking my new 1 up tommorow i'll post a pick for you to see.

Hi TC

Can you provide any specifications on the Lure Machine you built. I am looking to build my own as I can not find anyone local to Milton Keynes who is running events. I understand some people use old washing machine or car starter motors. Can you advise the sort of wattage/ampage they need to be and where did you get the reel from. Another thought I had was a way of reguating the speed for different size dogs, can some sort of adjustable switch be incorported. I would appreciate any info you can help me with.

Cheer

Robbie

milly said:
milly have you got yours yet would be interesting to know what you think of it, as iv seen the one your on about :cheers:

RobbieC said:
Hi TC
Can you provide any specifications on the Lure Machine you built. I am looking to build my own as I can not find anyone local to Milton Keynes who is running events. I understand some people use old washing machine or car starter motors. Can you advise the sort of wattage/ampage they need to be and where did you get the reel from. Another thought I had was a way of reguating the speed for different size dogs, can some sort of adjustable switch be incorported. I would appreciate any info you can help me with.

Cheer

Robbie

Hi Robbie,

Will get OH to pm you tonight (w00t) I know it was made with a starter motor but that's about it :blink: It's bloody fast :teehee:

Mr Roberts......where are your pics then :- "

TCx

Mark Roberts said:
nicky12 said:
Mark Roberts said:

i'm picking my new 1 up tommorow i'll post a pick for you to see.

any pics yet mark ,pretty please :cheers:

So, are we going to tempt you to racing then Nicky? :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back