The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Mad March Whippets...

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Rae said:
Gawd I think I have the only whippet that can't jump  :b
Lucky you :- " I've never encouraged them to jump, I've seen too many injuries caused that way :eek: They do eventually work it out unfortunately.

Gelert is a long jumper, he cleared our 20' diameter pond in pursuit of a cat once (his back toe just touched the mud (w00t) ), but doesn't really like going over even small fences. I think the puppy will be different, he had a go at jumping a stock fence when we were visiting Olivia and nearly made it :sweating:

You wouldn't think one was seven years and the other only seven months the way they play together. I have felt Gelert is beginning to look his age recently though, getting rather stout (for him) and going very grey :( I suppose it's the 'distinguished' look :- " :lol:

24.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
moriarte said:
getting rather stout (for him) and going very grey  :(   I suppose it's the 'distinguished' look  :- "  :lol:
Strike Whippets said:
Distinguished is a good look  8)
Only if you're a whippet though. Wish I could get away with being 'distinguished' (rather than just fat and grey :- " :b :lol: )

moriarte said:
I have felt Gelert is beginning to look his age recently though, getting rather stout (for him) and going very grey  :(   I suppose it's the 'distinguished' look  :- "  :lol:
24.jpg

Look his age? No... :wub: Roooby reckon's he's still got it! :huggles:

what fantastic pics, must get a good camera :(

Brilliant :) :thumbsup:

What camera do you have?

A real pleasure to browse through your photos of your very handsome dogs.

:thumbsup:

alfyn said:
Brilliant :)   :thumbsup: What camera do you have?

We have a Nikon D50. We bought it from Jessops and took the option of going for a better lens than the standard one - AF-S Nikkor 18-70. The standard lens is supposedly a bit less crisp, and the zoom only goes to 50. I think Nikon have now brought out the D40, which seems to be pretty much as good in most respects but cheaper and smaller.

Yes,Brilliant pics :thumbsup: Can't believe how good jumpers they are (w00t)

:huggles: Fabulous piccies - the boys look as if they're having a great time !! Do I have the only whippets that really dont mind going out in the rain ?? I mean if i pick up their leads they can't get out the door fast enough but if I open the back door and ask them to go out for a wee - oh no - that a whole different ball game !! They will race down the beach straight out into the sea, even at this time of year, but then will jump or pull around a puddle on the way back to the car !! Bizarre or perverse, I can't make up my mind !! :blink:

Lovely pics Elizabeth. The ditch jumping ones are superb. Esme just runs through them (w00t) .

Really superb photos. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

moriarte said:
Rae said:
Gawd I think I have the only whippet that can't jump  :b
Lucky you :- " I've never encouraged them to jump, I've seen too many injuries caused that way :eek: They do eventually work it out unfortunately.

Gelert is a long jumper, he cleared our 20' diameter pond in pursuit of a cat once (his back toe just touched the mud (w00t) ), but doesn't really like going over even small fences. I think the puppy will be different, he had a go at jumping a stock fence when we were visiting Olivia and nearly made it :sweating:

You wouldn't think one was seven years and the other only seven months the way they play together. I have felt Gelert is beginning to look his age recently though, getting rather stout (for him) and going very grey :( I suppose it's the 'distinguished' look :- " :lol:

24.jpg

Well there is that :sweating: Leia could easily jump our garden fence if she realised - I deliberately omitted the big jumps when we used to do agilty with her. She was allowed to jump the same height as the border terrier :lol:

Great pictures! :thumbsup: Guto does look like he's enjoying his 'rooty thing!' :wub: Bet that tennis ball; was wet and soggy when it got home!

Great piccies!! Another puppy that is growing up fast!!!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back